Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sylo

Re: Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

Post by Sylo »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Sylo wrote:Jowy would probably try to recruit Neclord also
What makes you say that? I believe Jowy would see him as the untrustworthy monster that he is and would probably be quicker to help Riou kill him.
So how would that be any different from say...Yuber? Who is clearly on-par with Neclord. Yes, we see Neclord for the scum he is, but he has previously worked with/for Windy and never screwed her over (not that we saw) We never see what kind of evil Yuber creates, we get a glimpse at the end of SI though.

As far as Jowy knows, Neclord will serve to help rule over highland.
Sasarai10 wrote:
Sylo wrote: Jowy would probably try to recruit Neclord also

Wow,it would be nice to play as Neclord. After all he could lead a sorcery unit in war battles,because highland army had no sorcery units (Sasarai should,but i wonder why they made him lead an infantry one,anyway)
YES! Im sure Neclords army units would be pretty brutal, throwing mindless zombies into the mix xD They would definitely add to the numbers too, I imagine Neclord would be able to summon thousands of them too. Would definitely make things more interesting. Neclord also has some extremely powerful magic, which would be kickass, considering, like you said, Highland didnt seem to have any magic units
"You will never be strong if you consider yourself weak" - Cleo, Suikoden
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I don't recall Neclord working with anyone in Suikoden II, just taking brides and occupying Tinto or what the place was called.

Highland didn't seem involved at all, so I doubt he'd be willing to help Jowy unless he'd been offered something truly nice.

Don't even know who's idea it was to bring Yuber into the fray of battle, seems more like Leon than Jowy though.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Hirathien wrote:I don't recall Neclord working with anyone in Suikoden II, just taking brides and occupying Tinto or what the place was called.
I never said he worked with anyone in Suikoden II :P But he worked with Windy and Yuber 300 years previous to Suikoden I. He was helping Windy with the search for the Soul Eater Rune.

Im not sure what his reasons were..Maybe he sensed they were evil people, so didnt mind aiding them. Jowy wouldnt have to offer anything nice, Neclord likes to bring about punishment to anyone who dares to oppose/insult him. Given that his enemy is the Star Dragon Sword and Viktor, amongst others, Im sure he would join Jowy if it meant these goals could be achieved.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well, Neclord is found out to be alive rather early in the game, so it would make more sense for him to extend a vampire-hand to Luca, not Jowy. Their goal would be a better mutual fit.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Of course he would be a better fit to Luca, but we are talking about Jowy here :P
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sylo wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Sylo wrote:Jowy would probably try to recruit Neclord also
What makes you say that? I believe Jowy would see him as the untrustworthy monster that he is and would probably be quicker to help Riou kill him.
So how would that be any different from say...Yuber? Who is clearly on-par with Neclord. Yes, we see Neclord for the scum he is, but he has previously worked with/for Windy and never screwed her over (not that we saw) We never see what kind of evil Yuber creates, we get a glimpse at the end of SI though.

As far as Jowy knows, Neclord will serve to help rule over highland.
The difference with Yuber being that Jowy could probably trust him not to try and enslave Jillia and Pilika. He seeks chaos for much different reasons to Neclord, he doesn't do it for any more personal gain than the enjoyment of doing it, whereas Neclord liked to collect women like Pokemon.

As for Windy, she's much more a tyrant than Jowy, had Neclord helped her establish her new world order she probably would have provided him with as many women as he desired and allowed him to rule his land with a reign of death and fear. I just don't think it's in Jowy's nature to abide that, it's the exact reason he did all of the terrible things he did in order to bring about Luca's end.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I think you summed up my thoughts about this, Lemmy.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:I just don't think it's in Jowy's nature to abide that, it's the exact reason he did all of the terrible things he did in order to bring about Luca's end.
But he is perfectly fine with attemptin to kill his two best friends?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Sylo wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:I just don't think it's in Jowy's nature to abide that, it's the exact reason he did all of the terrible things he did in order to bring about Luca's end.
Correct, but that's a completely separate issue, in his mind Riou needs to die (or step down, which he knows he won't do) in order to end the war, that being his secondary goal to killing Luca. Recruiting Neclord would in fact be counter-intuitive to this cause as he would only bring further suffering. Jowy wants the war stopped as soon as possible, hence the assassination attempts at the "peace treaty" and with Lucia.

Interestingly, as keen as you seem on the idea of him recruiting Neclord you've yet to answer my initial question as to why he would? I'm still interested to hear what justification you think he'd have for making such an irresponsible move. EDIT: Wow reading this last part back it really comes across as kinda heavy! I am genuinely interested in how you think it could happen and make sense in the confines of the plot though.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Sylo wrote:
End the war, reduce casualties where possible. That's why he threatened Riou to sign the peace treaty or die. If Riou dies, the war will end rather quickly.

When there's only one side left standing, the war ends. Sure, he wants to kill his best friend and his sister, but not because he wants to personally, but that he feels he HAS to, to stop the war.

Personal thoughts.
Sylo

Post by Sylo »

Thats no worse than who/what Neclord wants, selfish personal gain, even at the expense of others.

Besides, after using Neclord, Jowy could use the help of Sierra to contain and kill Neclord. After all, they share a common enemy, so she would help, even if she isnt on the same side.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Except Jowy's doing it for pretty selfless reasons, he's attempting to end decades of bad blood between neighbouring nations, despite the personal loss of his two best friends and even his health (by keeping the Beast Rune at bay). What is selfish about what Jowy did?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I guess it can be taken as selfish because HE wants to end the war, so he does everything to meet HIS goal?

Other than that.. Pretty far away from Neclord, dude.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Actually yeah I can accept that. Still, it's a much more noble kind of selfishness than Neclord is capable of.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Very much agreed, I just thought I'd try to see it from the other guys side.