Suikoden IV reannounced! (or it's VI :P)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sami

Post by Sami »

Persmerga wrote:In my opinion Wii would suit more 1st person rpg's without a doubt because of the association between Nintendo and Zelda games that is what i think many people will certainly identify Wii with.
Eh. You don't think that many big-name series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei started on Nintendo systems? ;)

For me, Zelda is just Zelda. I'm more interested in new Wii RPGs like Dragon Quest Swords, Yasumi Matsuno's project, Fire Emblem, and of course, Konami's Wii RPG.

For reference, Wii has been released in Japan and it has already outsold the PlayStation 3, at least for now. It is uncertain whether Konami knew this would happen, but that may also be why they're keeping so quiet on the future of Suikoden VI.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

After finding this article, I guess it's not actually news, but the Magic Box just reported this - PS3s produced in 2007 will cost less (to Sony), as IBM is upgrading their machines from 90 nm to 65 nm. This would make the chip smaller and cheaper. No telling if Sony will actually pass any of these savings on to the customer, or just use it to decrease the $240 they lose on every console bought.

http://www.techspot.com/news/21908-sony ... -2007.html
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well i expected the Wii to outsell the PS3 in Japan i just had a feeling as for the UK we are yet to see because the PS3 is not released till March 07 and Wii is released this coming Friday (8th Dec)

As for the platform of VI it is expected that they are gonna stay tight lipped in the early days of production so they can analyse market trends of consoles etc.
Eh. You don't think that many big-name series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei started on Nintendo systems?
I knew this but Zelda is now most famous for being on Nintendo and FF most known from being on Playstation in my opinion th to 7 & 8.

Hopefully the customer will be able to save money on PS3's because Sony can which would be great for the UK but i'd still expect them to attempt to retail them at full for a while because they are people who are crazy and wnt have known these facts and just go willy nilly into a store and purchase at full wack like when PS2 came out in UK lol but oh well.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I hope S6 comes out on either the Wii or both the Wii and ps3, like someone else mentioned earlier. The Wii is cheaper. I really don't wanna pay $600 on the ps3 for one game. If I didn't love Suikoden so much, I wouldn't.
We were going to buy the Wii for Christmas, but they were sold out everywhere. :(
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I think the sheer price of the PS3 is going to put off a lot of die hard Suikoden fans for a while and it's a big problem but i cant see Konami release VI on multiple platforms
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

With all the discussion on PS3 vs. Wii on the release of Suikoden VI I have but one question?

What about the possibility of an X-Box 360 release? I mean, most games seem to be moving cross platform 'cept those owned by one specific name (i.e. Mario, Link, etc), so I find it a distinct possibility that Suikoden might do the same.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

well if konami takes 1 year to release suiko VI i think the price will be lowered so much, and 1 year, i dont know, i think they will release suiko VI in more than that ( i hope i was wrong )

and there is another thing, the grafics of suikodens didnt need all the power of new platforms like wii, ps3 or x-360, it could be released to ps2 and ps3 ( like ps-x games that could be played in ps2, but have lower grafic efects )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Sami

Post by Sami »

Wraith wrote:That's not what I meant. I just got the impression that you were mocking me. I'm just saying, if something weird happens to the PS3 (such as Konami and Sony suddenly not working with eachother anymore) it is possible but that won't happen.
But his point is that something weird allready happened to the PS3, with the manufacturing problems, delays and gargantuan price tag plus Sony's bad attitude. There have been cases where Sony has been "not working with" third parties anymore with the PS3, such as the case of Grand Theft Auto 4 (coming to Xbox 360 too, even though Sony could have gotten an exclusive), so it seems that Sony is definitely focusing less on third parties (see also all their first party games coming to PS3, like Resistance, Motorstorm and Warhawk).

This means that even if Konami keeps releasing games for PS3, Konami works with other consoles too. That means a game like Suikoden VI possibly won't make it to PS3, even though other Konami games like MGS4 and Gradius VI do. (And many are expecting those to become multiplatform games, too.)
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

and if suikoden VI is finally released too for ps3 maybe will be not released in eu like suikoden III, due to the change, what do you think about that?
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

27x4=108 wrote:and if suikoden VI is finally released too for ps3 maybe will be not released in eu like suikoden III, due to the change, what do you think about that?
Rather moot since the PS3 is region-free for PS3 games.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Rather moot since the PS3 is region-free for PS3 games.
Not to go off topic or anything, but does this qualify for PS2 games running on the PS3?

I'm quite sure I saw something by Konami stating that after II, Suikoden will remain a PS-only game. If they keep their word, I guess the Wii won't be considered. I'm not sure I'd like the console anyway.
[evil laugh here]
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I was rather hoping they'd move it to the Wii...I don't have a job so I have to rely on my parents to buy the consoles. I don't think they wanna shell out that amount of money for the PS3. The Wii is much cheaper and I know for a fact that we're getting that as soon as they ship more to the States.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I remember something like that also, so Suikoden release on the Wii probably won't happen.

It looks like to me that Konami is trying to get a game on all the systems except 360 unless Metal Gear Solid 4 is released again. I mean they have alot of games coming out on Wii anyway and not only that but, there is a Vandal Hearts coming out on DS. It would be funny if Suikoden 6 came out on PSP.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

One of the MAJOR reasons that i would buy a ps3 is because of suikoden.Although it will take me a year or 2.
Sami

Post by Sami »

KoyuRedd wrote:I'm quite sure I saw something by Konami stating that after II, Suikoden will remain a PS-only game.
I haven't ever heard anything like this. And if Konami said that, they already broke their word with Suikoden Card Stories on the GBA.