Who will fill the 108 stars for the last suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
SOe

Who will fill the 108 stars for the last suikoden?

Post by SOe »

I think the 27 true runes along with their bearers will be there.
Jeane and viki surely will be in every suikoden series.
As for Jeane, the big mistery of her appearences in all of the games finally will be revealed... (as for my opinion i think she's the sindar race leader)
I hope we can still see nanami in the last suikoden joining the team with Jowy and Riou, maybe somehow she'll get a hold of one of the 'still unrevealed yet' true rune.
And i'm curious about the connection between the number '108' star of destiny and '27' true runes, as 108 divided by 27 will result in 4.. could it mean that we'll see 4 characters that are strongly related to each of the true runes in the last suikoden?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Fan boy dream!

Why is everyone coming up with a "last Suikoden" thread?

We're still up to V. We've seen hints that lead us to believe VI is being made. We still have to see more True Runes. We still have to see more countries.

The 108 divided by 27 thing may be nothing more than a convenience. Just like 90 degrees = right angle. I won't say that you are totally wrong because it can be similar to the 4 Angels of the Apocalypse.

Why would I want to see characters which have close to no more plot potential in them? Riou and Jowy's story has ended. 'Nuff said.

Nanami holding a True Rune? Read the first line.

King (in his blog) stated that there is a possibility that Jeane will not make an appearance in VI. The reason? Her clothes. She's being stripped as Suikoden advances in games.

Well, those are my thoughts.

Please guys, stop making these threads. They're pointless.
[evil laugh here]
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

SOe wrote:I think the 27 true runes along with their bearers will be there.
Jeane and viki surely will be in every suikoden series.
As for Jeane, the big mistery of her appearences in all of the games finally will be revealed... (as for my opinion i think she's the sindar race leader)
I hope we can still see nanami in the last suikoden joining the team with Jowy and Riou, maybe somehow she'll get a hold of one of the 'still unrevealed yet' true rune.
And i'm curious about the connection between the number '108' star of destiny and '27' true runes, as 108 divided by 27 will result in 4.. could it mean that we'll see 4 characters that are strongly related to each of the true runes in the last suikoden?
I don't. Tir and Lazlo both hold Tenkai star slots, so they won't both be in it. They may make a vague appearance, but nothing more.
I'm hoping they will too.
It's impossible for her to be the leader of the Sindar. That person has a True Rune (Change). Jeane doesn't.
Why would she get a True Rune? That's rather silly and pure speculation.
That's probably randomness at best. As far as I'm aware, the 108 stars are based upon the original novel and the 27 True Runes are based on the five game elements and tarot cards.
KoyuRedd wrote:King (in his blog) stated that there is a possibility that Jeane will not make an appearance in VI. The reason? Her clothes. She's being stripped as Suikoden advances in games.
II --> III had her put more clothing on.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

KoyuRedd wrote:Why is everyone coming up with a "last Suikoden" thread?

We're still up to V. We've seen hints that lead us to believe VI is being made. We still have to see more True Runes. We still have to see more countries.
So do you think that suikoden formula will work forever? Konami will be make infinite games about an unlikely hero who becomes a leader of an army in a new country with a new true rune and goes on a quest for justice.

Even if you, like me, consider this formula good, it will get old and boring someday, and the last time konami advanced the main history was in suikoden III. Suikoden IV and V didn’t tell us much about the bigger picture.

I believe it is likely they will do something like this at the end, after all that´s what the dharma/chaos seems to be about, all true runes involved in a create change in the world. Is there any other way to end this?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Feldoon wrote:II --> III had her put more clothing on.
I know. I tend to overlook III because I've never played it. I just stated what was written in the King Blog.
Rezard wrote:So do you think that suikoden formula will work forever? Konami will be make infinite games about an unlikely hero who becomes a leader of an army in a new country with a new true rune and goes on a quest for justice.

Even if you, like me, consider this formula good, it will get old and boring someday, and the last time konami advanced the main history was in suikoden III. Suikoden IV and V didn’t tell us much about the bigger picture.
My point is: since new countries have been introduced, there is bound to be some plan for them. Some people don't expect Harmonia to be used immediately with some True Runes in the dark.

There is more to reveal in Suikoden at the moment. Surely, Konami hasn't introduced new countries/kingdoms just to throw them away like they were nothing but garbage. It didn't happen with the City-States, Grasslands, Harmonia (partially), the Island Nations and Falena.
[evil laugh here]
SOe

Post by SOe »

I know that it's too early to speculate for the last suikoden as we've only got to see S V, but :? i'm really curious about which characters from the 5 series and gaiden series that have potential to appear as the last suikoden star of destiny.. And i think the bearers of the true runes deserve a potition in the end of the story..
About Nanami, yes it's only a dream.. but still i hope, as i like her so much.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rezard wrote:Even if you, like me, consider this formula good, it will get old and boring someday, and the last time konami advanced the main history was in suikoden III. Suikoden IV and V didn’t tell us much about the bigger picture.

I believe it is likely they will do something like this at the end, after all that´s what the dharma/chaos seems to be about, all true runes involved in a create change in the world. Is there any other way to end this?
What is the 'main' history anyway? What bigger picture?

The only game in the series that give too much insight on the eternal struggle between Order and Chaos is Suikoden III. And arguably that was one of the primary reason why many felt that there were less focus given to the war plot in that game.

As a matter of fact, pre-III titles contributed just as much as (if not less than) IV and V to this supposedly 'main' history.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

What is the 'main' history anyway? What bigger picture?
It seems from your post that you know what the bigger picture is. In any case, I’m talking about the future Luc wanted to avoid by destroying his true rune.
As a matter of fact, pre-III titles contributed just as much as (if not less than) IV and V to this supposedly 'main' history.
Actually the first three suikodens were an evolution towards something.

Suikoden I> Leeknat and windy are introduced, they village was destroyed by someone and Windy seeks power to have her revenge.
Suikoden 2> This someone was Hirussak and he is the ruler of great empire. Luc is also involved in this conflict.
Suikoden 3> It is more about this than anything else.

I really loved Suikoden V and liked IV, but they were filler episodes, that had little to do with the previous eps, probably because the original creator is not around anymore.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Rezard wrote:Suikoden I> Leeknat and windy are introduced, they village was destroyed by someone and Windy seeks power to have her revenge.
Suikoden 2> This someone was Hirussak and he is the ruler of great empire. Luc is also involved in this conflict.
Suikoden 3> It is more about this than anything else.
Suikoden IV: Shows the marinal power capable in the worlds and the evolution of such technology along with a light shed upon the island nations metioned by Shu in II.

To be honest, you're focusing on a little part. There's more to Suikoden than Leknaat/Windy/Hikusaak.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

There will be a tenkai star with a true rune, there will be 4 or 6 characters related to Suikoden Stars or from previous Suikodens, and then 100+ strangers who will all be revealed to us as we play the next and final Suikoden. Enough said.
- Kirkis
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

KoyuRedd wrote:King (in his blog) stated that there is a possibility that Jeane will not make an appearance in VI. The reason? Her clothes.
She's being stripped as Suikoden advances in games.
Anyone been to the beach? You could recruit her in the shop at far west side. :D
SOe wrote:About Nanami, yes it's only a dream.. but still i hope, as i like her so much.
Don't worry about that... I love her more then you do. :wink:
Kirkis wrote:There will be a tenkai star with a true rune, there will be 4 or 6 characters related to Suikoden Stars or from previous Suikodens,
and then 100+ strangers who will all be revealed to us as we play the next and final Suikoden. Enough said.
Isn't that more than 108 whether it 4 or 6
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Tenkai = 1
4 or 6 = 4 or 6
100+ = 100+

Which can pretty much be either...

103 + 1 + 4 or 101+1+6
- Kirkis
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Oh! :P

Sort of 'miscalculate' there... sorry Sir :wink:
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Transcending_time

Re: Who will fill the 108 stars for the last suikoden?

Post by Transcending_time »

Geometry?!? yes, it is!

anyway, I've had this feeling too, the 27 true runes along with their DESTINED bearers are present at the last SUIKODEN! :wink:

of course, Jeane and Viki will be there too...
jonathan_priest

Re: Who will fill the 108 stars for the last suikoden?

Post by jonathan_priest »

Transcending_time wrote:Geometry?!? yes, it is!

anyway, I've had this feeling too, the 27 true runes along with their DESTINED bearers are present at the last SUIKODEN! :wink:

of course, Jeane and Viki will be there too...
It would make sense as to why the True Rune bearers in Suiko 3 weren't Tenkai stars. However, you have to account for the missing runes. The Sun Rune isn't worn by anyone, the Wind Rune is lost, the Night Rune is a sword, the Soverign Rune is missing. There's plenty of holes in the idea that all 27 true runes will come together for one final epic battle.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."