If ever there will be a Suikoden RTS...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ascoth

If ever there will be a Suikoden RTS...

Post by ascoth »

Since there are many nations in Suikoden, and Konami makes emphasis on the game's wars, maybe it's time to have an RTS game based on the series.

I'm just curious since I like RTS games, but if ever such a game is released what faction (based from SuikoI to SuikoV) will you most likely use frequently?

- The Dunan Republic
- The Queendom of Falena
- The Grasslands
- The Holy Harmonian Kingdom
- The Island Nations Federation
- The Scarlet Moon Empire
- The Zexen Confederation

New ones:

- The Kooluk Empire
- The New Armes Kingdom

If you wish to correct something or add new ones you think are capable, please do. :o :o
Last edited by ascoth on Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

RTS is only suitable in PC.. konami most probably won't release a suikoden in PC..

btw, i want to add Armes Kingdom maybe :P
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

:!: Maybe you could add the Kooluk from SIV.

I vote for Scarlett Moon Empire!! Long life to Emperor Barbarossa! :lol:
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I doubt there will be an RTS, the closest there will be is a Strategy RPG, but... wait, hey look, there already is one!

If there is an RTS game... I hope to god it isn't designed like Suikoden 5's map battles. hehe.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's hard to translate a traditinal RPG to an RTS. The emphasis in an RTS is battle, and the justification for said battle (the plot). It's almost the complete reverse of an RPG like Suikoden.

A compliation of all the major battles from the games released thus far would be the best choice, if they were ever to do such a thing (not likely).
ascoth

Post by ascoth »

Jowy Atreides wrote:It's hard to translate a traditinal RPG to an RTS. The emphasis in an RTS is battle, and the justification for said battle (the plot). It's almost the complete reverse of an RPG like Suikoden.

A compliation of all the major battles from the games released thus far would be the best choice, if they were ever to do such a thing (not likely).
Nice point you made there :). This is simply a difficult thing to hope for.
But hey, I think I remember Blizzard teaming up with Capcom or Square (not sure) to bring in a Japanese translation of Warcraft III. Maybe Konami can request an RTS-specialied game company to make one so that tradition won't be broken (although that could mean sharing the rights). After all, they managed to commission a manga version for Suikoden III.

Well, I'm still intrigued and interested with what faction you will choose if ever there will be one. Oh, by the way, yep, the choices are expanded as recommended:
- The Kooluk Empire
- The New Armes Kingdom
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You should just add those two new locations to the first post using the "Edit" button next to the "Quote" button.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Jowy Atreides wrote:A compliation of all the major battles from the games released thus far would be the best choice, if they were ever to do such a thing (not likely).
I agree with that.

With a storyline filler akin to Fire Emblem 7 (The Original English GBA one).

All you'll get is a list of levels (aka the Major Battles Jowy mentioned [A few to mention; First Firebringer, Higheast Rebellion, Succession, Hero and the taking of Rupanda-Griegminster]) with possible high-score lists. E.g. fastest times, least losses, most kills.

And who would you play? Some unnamed, unmarked commander. Remember, not everybody's story is told. Ever wonder what happens to random villagers? Neither have I.
ascoth

Post by ascoth »

Jowy Atreides wrote:You should just add those two new locations to the first post using the "Edit" button next to the "Quote" button.
Don't worry, I know that. I only just got lost in my mind.

@Feldoon: You've made a point there, too. That's why I'm not really hoping. But I'm still interested in your replies. Thank you.