Future suikoden plot/storyline?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
TheOsiris12

Future suikoden plot/storyline?

Post by TheOsiris12 »

First off I love the way the plot was for 1,2,4, and 5, one guy becomes the mascot and has to turn the country around, but thats just it. Hes just a mascot. We never get to make decisions for ourselves. Like it was said in an earlier post, he is like Uncle Sam, "The Liberation Army wants you! Join us!"

So I was wondering if you guys think they are going to go with a different plot/story in the next one. Do you think it might be similar to Suikoden III?

Also In the next one I would like to see instead of being told where to go attack people, that when you talk to your strategist in your castle that you see a map of all of the country and you can go just about anywhere and you have your soldiers based on how many towns you have on your side and how many recruits. Then you can move your soldiers to wherever you want to capture places. The strategist would just be there to recommend things, not force you to do stuff. So if you really wanted to you could go straight for the capital and end it, but the enemy has the same ability. They could see this coming and send troops to ambush you. Also you dont really see where the enemies troops are unless they are near an allied town or you send scouts out. I think this would make an intriguing system and add more of an open ended rpg to Suikoden. Thoughts?

Also if this isnt the right forum somone please move it :)
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I actually thought of something like that, a more strategic and less rpg like suikoden game.

I like games like this and would like it very much, yet it´s really unlike that konami would do this on a regular game, but they could create a new suikoden franchise with this kind of game play.

Didn’t some site made a April fool joke around a game like this featuring Viktor and Flik as the main characters? I’m sure more people share this idea.
Cortel

Post by Cortel »

actually, this idea isn't bad one.

you could actually have 1 segment of the game where you had to attack several fortresses or strongholds and you could just choose to invade them in different orders, it wouldn't completely destroy any opportunities for the storyline to occur either
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

So in a way you would be kind of a hero/stratergist and possibly the game could branch out so you could chose in what order you were going to do the game and there are few combinations (where you capture, who you go after, who you fight etc) to do in different orders that would end in the game being a success and some combinations where you could fail and nation your trying to buld could crumble around you??

I know it's possibly a different direction for the Suikoden games but if they could make it playable like all Suikoden's but different in many ways as well so it keeps the fans.

Anyone Got any other idea's?
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

About the random town attack (and whatnot) choices; Perfect idea, if implemented correctly.

For example, rather than just having a choice of which order to take settlements in, it would be much more in depth.

For example, you'd be updated on the enemy's movements (overnight type thing). Also, you get to organise where your troops go. This'll aid the "auto-skirmishes" in the cases of you're too lazy to fight in such a thing or you've chosen another route. Possibly you can't go out recruiting/shopping/other towns on the same "day" you go a-storming places.

Also, not only towns but strategic locations (referred to from now on as flags)

Which means you won't be able to advance parts of the storyline without having conquered certain flags or towns. Also letting there be parts of the storyline in which it just pauses for a few days, enabling you to go on with some random missions (like you do in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon).

Awesome, wouldn't you agree?

---

Regardless; dueling arena.
hugoflamechamp

Post by hugoflamechamp »

I like the possible idea of this happening in a future installment. For as much as I like the games, I've always gotten the feel from the strategists that the hero is just their tool, even if it was the hero that recruited them in the first place. The protagonist never really gets a say in military strategy, aside from *spoilers: when the Armes army is attacking your castle in Suikoden V*.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

yeah thats what i was trying to put across Feldoon i just couldn't word it, another thing that you kinda mentioned about to lazy to attack on a night you gotta keep morale of people up and stuff like that so yeah im liking this idea.

As for Pokemon Dungeon never played it and pokemon don't tickle my fancy lol. :lol:
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Persmerga wrote:yeah thats what i was trying to put across Feldoon i just couldn't word it, another thing that you kinda mentioned about to lazy to attack on a night you gotta keep morale of people up and stuff like that so yeah im liking this idea.

As for Pokemon Dungeon never played it and pokemon don't tickle my fancy lol. :lol:
Well, basically, there's a bulletin board in which other pokémon want help.

So, you can either chose to get on with the proper, story-line advancing missions or you can do the optional missions.

At points, the storyline halts and you have to do the optional missions for a bit until the storyline pops up again.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

So your suggesting a similar structure but possibly a little more intricate??

I like the sounds of that it would be a different and exciting direction for the series to go in as long as they could phase in the styles from the previous games as well to keep the fans happy.