Suikoden Fighting Game

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Well that's why he is hard to unlock................

And don't you think, that she's just so powerful, that she can look at you and punk you. She's been around 400 years. She must be like around level 90.

I mean she pulled a "Hell", Soul Eater Magic on 10,000 soldiers or so. You can only do it to for or five........
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
tera_majin

Post by tera_majin »

lol.. then it should be luc-sarah-leknaat..
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Or Sarah Luc Leknaat :wink:
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I was just thinking about this the other day but not as a new game. More like a simple street fighter type game with the 2D suikoden graphics.

I would love to see a Suikoden Fighting game with loads of characters divided between good and evil simular to Capcom Vs Marvel. With some ulockable in-between characters like Leknaat.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

If one was to be made, they could implement what Soul Calibur series has done, with the weapons and what not. Ofcourse, I would prefer warriors only, I wouldn't think mages would make good fighters at hand-to-hand.

But on a serious note, I really can't see it happening, though it would be cool, who would actually play it, other than suikoden fans.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Mages could have projectile attacks using runes and stuff like that. You could use your rune as a special power attack.

Now that Im talking about, I would really like to see it. I thinkn the idea is plausable and sound.

Maybe a bonus feature for Suikoden 6?
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I don't think a GS Fighting game would be terribly sporting, since, like tera_majin said, Luca would be unstoppable. Seriously, that would just be mean.

Although I've always wanted a DW-styled Suikoden game. At least that way, if you see Luca cackling like a nut off in the distance, you can avoid him like the plague. (Note, that is also my basic strategy for fighting Lu Bu.)
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

the essentials:
flik
viktor
tir
riou
jowy
hugo
geddoe
chris
nash
lazlo
prince falenas
jeane and viki (it's a suikoden game isn't it? so there's the standard.)

and that's already 13 knocked out of 20. i say there's 27 standard with loads of unlockable characters, such as villains, etc.

possible but i wouldn't hold my breath on:
gremio
pahn
cleo
ted
lepant
futch and maybe bright
nanami
any one of the ninjas, fighting games LOVE ninjas... tsk
georg prime
lyon
sialeeds
belcoot
luc
sasarai (it would be an easy color/suit change from luc, why not?)
pesmerga
yuber
seed
culgan
luca
barbarosa
troy
gizel
lorelai
zweig
killey
zerase

and i'd personally like to see ameria/amelia... but wouldn't count on it. :P

they're probably going to need to include atleast one of each race, so:
gengen
ruby or kirkis
chaco, landis
i wouldn't want to play as a mole or a dwarf, but they could pick any one
the mermaids were worthless, so no
the cat people were pretty lame too
the ducks were indeed also lame

and let's not forget...
who wouldn't want to beat the tar out of pilika?!

kidding.

sorta
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I would like that the idea of Suikoden game using the Dynasty Warriors battle system. I can see it implemented however it would pretty massive with so many playable characters. I can see runes whether true or skill implemented depending on the characters. Runes in Suikoden Tactics had four skills on them regardless, I believe. They could turn the Musou bar into a rechargeable magic bar divided into 4 partitions like on Samurai Warriors 2. That way you can have all spells or skills. Yeah this could be a great idea if implemented right.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I don't want any more spinoffs.

Especially a fighting or, god help me, a *soccer game*. (Are you on drugs?)

All I want is Suiko 6 and for it to not suck.
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

I would like to see a suikoden game with just war battles exactly like suikoden 2 and duel battles like suikoden V(but make it more difficult for me to figure out what attack to do next).
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Post by Ralphy Leone Tensei »

A Dynasty Warriors-style (Hack and Slash) version of Suikoden 5's war battles would be a great spin-off. It Konami were to make this, they should have it for the PSP.

If not, Konami could just make Suikoden Smash Bros. as the next best thing to fighting games.

I'll shut up now. :oops:
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

Ralphy Leone Tensei wrote:If not, Konami could just make Suikoden Smash Bros. as the next best thing to fighting games.

I'll shut up now. :oops:
That sounds like a pretty decent idea to me, but what is Konami's track record like in creating these sort of games?

AND (sort of related) didn't someone rip-off Super Smash Bros. with the characters from Shrek?
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

I don't see this being done by konami, but doable by a team of fan programmers/graphic artists. There's a lot of fan-made fighters featuring characters from various animes/mangas out there (like EFZ and such). Yes, mainly it's the japanese who dish out quality homebrew games but if enough dedicated people got together, they could make some freebie game passed around on the internet doing this I'm sure.

As for copyrights and crap , I'm not sure. Seeing how people infringe all the time making their favorite characters from other games into models for quake and unreal games, and there's a lot of fan-made online sites for turn-based-strategy games such as Advance Wars (AWBW/CustomWars) which basically is copying the original game but adding new features and online playability.

So yeah, it'd have to be a low profile, fanmade program that is kept for its community really. I would like to mess around with a decent quality suikoden fighter, whether it's Konami official or a group of fans making a nice one of their own.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Super Smash Bros is one of the most original and brilliant fighting games ever in my opinion and if you have'nt played it you should. Its just so fun I dont see how you CANT love it.