Returning Non-Heroes in a Hero Role

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kirkis

Returning Non-Heroes in a Hero Role

Post by Kirkis »

Okay, there are so many topics about Riou, Tir, etc. returning in the role of a Hero. My question is this, would any Non-Tenkais be able to return in the role of a Tenkai? (I'm not even sure if this would be possible though).

I'd definitely like to see someone like Luc, Jowy, Reinbach III, Jeane, Viki, Pesmerga, Yuber, etc.

Also... even though it's not really possible in accordance to the Suikoden Chinese Story (or is it?), I'd like to see a villainified Suikoden... kinda like Luc's Chapter in Suikoden 3.... only the whole Game... or... perhaps... a Suikoden (Insert #) Gaiden/Side Story, where you play on the side of the enemy (Granted, chances are you'd lose, but it'd still be cool to play).
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

It's also not really possible because you can't change your star and all those characters have stars. It would have to be someone who was not a SOD before.

Also, every Suikoden game creates a new land with a brand new protagonist who's never even been mentioned before. So I don't think Konami would do such a thing.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yeah, doesn't 'original character' mean anything anymore?
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

The existing SoDs can’t change their star, so someone who was not a tekai cannot became a tekai. This is a Suikoden dogma, I don´t know if it´s true, but this is what everybody says and, so far, has been respected by konami.

...still, you can have a Non-Tenkais play a Tekai role: in Suikoden 3, Hugo, Cris and Geddoe play the role of a tekai.

I don´t like this idea very much, it´s good to have some explanation about the characters, but an entire game to then would be too much. On the other hand a bonus chapter to explain certain stuff would be ok.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Don't get me wrong, I love original characters and new lands, and I was also unsure if you could switch stars... but like it was done in Suikoden 3, you can still have main characters that aren't Tenkais... but then again Suikoden 3 just had way too many True Runes that it made my head spin.

I think there are some characters deserving of a new chapter though focused on them and their adventures after certain games, or in certain points in the timeline where things are very fuzzy. I mean, everyone seems to be screaming their heads off for previous Suikoden heroes to make a return in a leading role, I think it'd be a lot better to have a side-character come back as a main character instead (I think that's a lot more original then making another game featuring the same main character as the hero).
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

You know though...the Stars of Destiny are able to change fate. So, what if one of them decided to break fate and attempt to change their star? :) How's that for a plotline!
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

You'd better be kidding, because that is not possible. Unless the Star Rune can change the stars' positions of the past, which I am not suggesting it can, there is no way to change your star.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
riou83

Post by riou83 »

The truth is you can't change your birth sign. While you can change destiny you cant change what has already occured. Its possible for Tenyu people to openly take the posistion of the Tenkai star they would never officially be the Tenkai star. they may led the group though like geddoe, Hugo, or Chris.

The only ones that could come back and take the Tenkai star would be Jowy, Pilika, and a few others as long as they never were a SOD.

they may find a plot twist to fit Vicky in as the Tenkai if they go the direction of young and old vicky having the two different stars.
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

the main character does not nedd to be the tenkai star! i could see Melvile from S3 as a future hero after S3 ( at least his own point of view)
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~
sidvicious15

Post by sidvicious15 »

yeah i only read the first one because im lazy but yes i have agree with kirkis. It would be nice to play as anyone of those characters, because i thought seed and culgan were cool but u dont get to play them. same as yuber i would love to have him in a party...... how about luc so u can learn the curoption that led him to the darkside
SOe

Post by SOe »

I would like to see first flame champion story more..
there's gotta be more about zepon, yuber, sana, geddoe, init.. and lucretia maybe..
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Lucretia was only a child then, so her role would be minimal at best.
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

I think I'd like to see it from the Flame Champion's view, but another possible scenerio I think would be fun to mess around with would be a main character playing the role of a bounty hunter or nomad/drifter type thing who happens to come across some kind of ruin containing a mysterious rune etc etc. It'd be fun to see someone with no form of responsibility suddenly take on the power of a true rune.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Hmmmm this is interesting. Ive always wanted to see Genkaku's point of view in Suikoden 2. It would be the same land, different timeline. Old characters seen in there youth. Historic events played out. Neclord destroying North Window for example, But you never know!
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Sorry but don't you think it would be boring if we play another suikoden game based on Jowston. I would like a game based on Hikkusak since I heard thet he was once a Tenkai star.
I look better in black armor and you know it!