Fall TGS, Suikoden VI? (not news, just pure speculation)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
thcrock
Global Admin

Fall TGS, Suikoden VI? (not news, just pure speculation)

Post by thcrock »

I wonder, is this year's fall Tokyo Game Show too soon for them to talk about/announce Suikoden VI? I wouldn't be surprised if we got some snippets, given that the release times between Suikoden games seem to be getting shorter as time goes on. And given that the only mention of future Suikoden titles we've heard of is from Kawano, who wasn't heavily involved with V (so who knows how long they've been working on the next game).
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

so you think in a few months konami is gonna start talking about suikoden 6?

I would be really amazed if that were to happen, even if konami is half way done with S6..I dont expect them to announce it for at LEAST another year

probably will hear about it at next years E3
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

son_michael wrote:even if konami is half way done with S6..I dont expect them to announce it for at LEAST another year
Well...why? Where's the logic in that?

To Konami, it's a product that they'll get out on the shelves as quick as they are able.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
son_michael wrote:even if konami is half way done with S6..I dont expect them to announce it for at LEAST another year
Well...why? Where's the logic in that?

To Konami, it's a product that they'll get out on the shelves as quick as they are able.
It would take quite long for them to sell the copies, even though I'd buy it without having a PS3.

But seriously, why would someone buy such an expensive machine? I have to wait for prices to go down a bit. :?
[evil laugh here]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

But seriously, why would someone buy such an expensive machine? I have to wait for prices to go down a bit. Confused
IMO, Sony is done for. Its even possible that Suikoden might get released on a different console. Thats what Final Fantasy did when NIntendo announced they weren't going to go with CD's with the N64. Its possible that production cost for a game for the PS3 will be too high and they'll just bring it out for the Wii or Xbox 360.

Oh, off-topic >_<

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprsised if TGS had more about S6. It seems very likely. But I do think that the time between announcement and release will be higher than the S5.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Well...why? Where's the logic in that?
well I believe it would be smart to wait to see how the ps3 does

True... but quickly putting out a product isn't always the smartest thing to do, you dont want the gamer to feel like the product is being pushed on them, it gives the feeling of konami saying"please buy our game! we keep releasing so many! so why wont you buy it?" and people might just not be interested in a series that comes out so quickly
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

when did S4 come out?
januaryish 2k5?
so that would only be a year before 5 came out, unless im mistaken here.

i imagine unless it doesnt come out for a few years, theyll brinf it out on the ps2, the playstation systems dont die as quickly as the others, due to its BC
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

son_michael wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Well...why? Where's the logic in that?
well I believe it would be smart to wait to see how the ps3 does

The PlayStation 3 is practically guranteed to sell big. It wouldn't be risky to put something on Sony's console before its release.
True... but quickly putting out a product isn't always the smartest thing to do, you dont want the gamer to feel like the product is being pushed on them, it gives the feeling of konami saying"please buy our game! we keep releasing so many! so why wont you buy it?" and people might just not be interested in a series that comes out so quickly
The average "gamer" isn't even aware of the Suikoden series, so they wouldn't feel that way. And the fans are always glad for another Suikoden game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wasn't the first Suikoden among the earliest roleplaying title to appear on the Playstation back then? It wouldn't be strange for them to repeat such an event with VI.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Well I hope suikoden 6 comes out on the ps3 AFTER the ps3 drops in price, because the average gamer is not gonna want to spend 600 bucks on a console...myself included
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

son_michael wrote:Well I hope suikoden 6 comes out on the ps3 AFTER the ps3 drops in price, because the average gamer is not gonna want to spend 600 bucks on a console...myself included
Hardcore fans would buy the game without having the console. People have imported PSP ports of Suikoden I/II without even owning a PSP.

If they announce VI at the TGS, I bet it'll be minimal information, hence the product is still being worked out or has just begun development.

I doubt a split team will be able to make much progress in such a short time if it remains... well... split.
[evil laugh here]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KoyuRedd wrote: Hardcore fans would buy the game without having the console
yeah your absolutley right and I would deffinetley do that
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

KoyuRedd wrote:If they announce VI at the TGS, I bet it'll be minimal information, hence the product is still being worked out or has just begun development.
That depends, really. There wasn't that much time between the announcement of Suikoden V at last year's TGS and its release in February (both JP and NA releases), for instance.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

People said the same shoot about the PS1 and PS2's initial price, and people still bought it. Not that it matters, of course.

The TGS or the next E3 would be the logical time to announce a new Suikoden something rather, so that's probably when it's gonna do down.
modi

Post by modi »

whatever the price is for ps3 i will buy it specialy for suikoden but it would be better to buy it after a while of it's release .and showing a preview for a game is better than keeping it a secret ,fans needs to fill there need to know something (as for me i may explode if i didn't see anything of suikoden VI).so it is better for them to show something useful
and by the way when will tokyo show start ?sorry but i don't know