Suikoden VI, True Rune(s) involved...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sundown78

Re: Sound Rune

Post by sundown78 »

CJack14dt wrote:Originally I thought this would be corny but as I think about it, it could be done. I'm sure there's got to be a True Sound Rune aka Rune of Harmony and Dissonance. We could have a main character who is mute (for real, not just because there's no dialogue for him) and the rune could have destructive and supportive qualities. Like it could have sonic attack spells and supportive spells like a Bard in Final Fantasy. However, the game would have to focus on having spectacular top-notch music. It would have to be all or nothing because just a regular Suikoden with the hero using DoReMi elves sounds for a rune would fail miserably imo.
Actually not a bad idea at all, in my opinion. It will be interesting to see what they do for Suikoden VI.
bripod91385

Post by bripod91385 »

son_michael wrote:
SirYuber wrote:Eightfold rune would be nice, wouldnt it?. :)
yea deffinetley, and then they wouldn't have an excuse not to put yuber and pesmerga in that game
I think those two are two of the biggest mysteries in the series (maybe even more so than the sindar?) they seem to have been around the longest yet we know so very little about them where they come from (the sindar?) how old are they really? What is there connection to one an other? Etc..
TOAMN

Post by TOAMN »

I think it would be cool to have the sindar, cause then, you involve the Rune Of Change, which I personally would like to know more about.
Kiante

Post by Kiante »

So, I don't guess anyone really knows what the Circle Rune's powers or characteristics are huh? Maybe for whatever game it's in, they'll also have the Square, Triangle, And X Runes! (The four PS buttons for those of you who didn't cathch that).

I'd also kinda like to know more about the Dragon Rune and what it's real powers are. Seems to me like Dragon Rune is probably a name given to it by people from the Suiko world because of what little they knew about it (Dragons need it to stay in their world) so it could have plenty of other abilities, and remember it helped Leknaat get rid of the monster army Wendy had summoned.

Oh, and Vicky Does travel through time, we know because of a suikogaiden where she takes her and some other characters to the...furute I think, I never actually played it though. And I think even so, her rune is like the "True Blinking Rune" even though you can get others, which would be why she has so much trouble controlling it sometimes, and also, a little off-topic, I think she's a Sindar. Her clothes definetly match the color schemes of all their ruins (white and blue). And it's possible Jeane and Eresh are too, although they do dress much differently. Seems kinda to me that those two are of some other ancient long-forgotten race. Oy, sorry, guess I'm getting WAY off topic.

So, runes I seriously think they might have; Some kind of Rune dealing with Emotion, or possibly more than one for different emotions, mayube a Gravity Rune, Or Sky Rune, or some kind of "True Magic Rune" as it is hinted that some peoples use magic other than rune magic, a nature rune maybe, more to do with the plants and trees and such than the earth itself, maybe even some kind of Universe Rune that woud kind of be the leader of all other runes, or maybe something of a parent of all true runes and that would have immense power.

Okay, I'mm al out of theorys for now.
Chiepoo

Post by Chiepoo »

Ummm....I think when it comes to Harmonia or Sindar as the main setting on Suikoden VI....Suikoden series will come to an end.... Am I right?
Miaow
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

In another topic, we discussed a the possibility of the existence of a True Time/Space rune, if that rune does make an appearance in any future suikoden game, that might explain where the blinking rune came from and maybe a detail story on the history of Viki and where she comes from.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I'd like to kind of see a True Rune version of the ressurection Rune, kind of the opposite to the Soul Eater, the Rune of Life so to speak. Yes, I know we have the Rune of Beginning, but that's more the Beginning of everything, all of existance, not merely life. Yeah, I know, some of you are rolling your eyes now thinking "not another healing rune!" but keep in mind the resurrection rune also has a couple of offensive spells, one that do extra damage to undead, and that could be something to tie into the story.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

The Soul Eater is in fact the Rune of Judgement a.k.a. Rune of Life and Death. So, it already encompasses the Life part, but we do not know if it has anyting to do with resurrection.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I think the rune of punishiment is the rune of Judgement, not the soul eater.
After all, it deals with atonement and forgiveness , aspects of the Judgement.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Actually, the Rune of Punishment is known as the Rune of Atonement and Forgiveness and the Soul Eater is known as the Rune of Judgement as well as the Rune of Life and Death. Judgement is an aspect of Life and Death, as well. The Soul Eater represents the aspect of Judging those who shall live nad those that shall die.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Well, maybe the rune is called that by people or by konami, but I don´t you think if it is more fitting for the RoP, after all it deals directly with judgement(while the Soul Eater deals indirectly): Lazlo must be forgived or punished for using the RoP, Snowe must be forgived or punished for his betrayal.

Suikoden IV deals a lot with judgements.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

I hope Suikoden will never come to an end.... and I wish that Konami will first give us the nameless lands, Kanakan, Arnes, Nagarea Kamaro Zelant and Harmonia. Then they should switch over to the western continent. New Countries, new heroes, new (ald good old) SoD, new Stories and a lot of new possibilities in the game... Well I had so many ideas but too bad I don't work for Konami ^^

Well Suikoden 6 should pe placed in Kanakan... A Kanakanian civil war would be nice.
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Actually, Suikoden IV deals mainly with Atonement and Forgiveness. The Hero, Lazlo, had to atone for all the sins of the past bearers, the sins of the Kooluk empire, and the sins of Graham Cray in order to bring on a period of Forgiveness and prosperity. There was no Judgement at all. He was not judging the rights or ills of anything, Lazlo simply atoned for the actions of the past. Snowe would be a prime example of the theme of atonement and forgiveness.

And no, I think Rune of Atonement and Forgiveness is perfect for the Rune of Punishment. Punishment entails atonement and forgiveness, not judgement.

As for the Soul Eater, it most certainly directly deals with Judgement. There is no more direct way to Judge than by determining who shall live and who shall die.
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

Yeah I think the Circle Rune needs to be in the lime light! Check my first post about The New True Runes Love and Hate! Hikusaak needs to come out of hiding.......
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

WaterMoon wrote:I'd like to kind of see a True Rune version of the ressurection Rune, kind of the opposite to the Soul Eater, the Rune of Life so to speak. Yes, I know we have the Rune of Beginning, but that's more the Beginning of everything, all of existance, not merely life. Yeah, I know, some of you are rolling your eyes now thinking "not another healing rune!" but keep in mind the resurrection rune also has a couple of offensive spells, one that do extra damage to undead, and that could be something to tie into the story.
I am pretty sure the opposite of the SoulEater is the Rune of Darkness, also the traits and abilities of the ressurection rune seem to be derived from the night rune, with its ability to deal damage to the undead, but I don't know if it has been exactly proven/finalized by Konami.

As for what new true rune might make it next is anyones guess. We might see a true rune that has already made the list of the discovered ones, but its information is vague or ultimately unknown. I would personally like to see the Rune of Change, since the last installment focused a lot on the Sindarians and their ruins a bit more than the previous installments.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden