THE RETURN OF MCDOHL!!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Nemesis

THE RETURN OF MCDOHL!!

Post by Nemesis »

Hey! What do you guys think they will do with Mcdohl? I hope they bring him back into another Series of Genso Suikoden! I think it would be pretty cool! Think about it, if they put Riou in it too! 2 main characters would be cool
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Riou is not ageless so dont expect him back but if I see mcdohl,Lazlo,hugo,chris and Geddoe back..ill be happy :D

but I seriously doubt konami would make another game centered around mcdohl IF we see him again..itll be as a side role or just a character that the tenkai meets
Lyon

Post by Lyon »

son_michael wrote:Riou is not ageless so dont expect him back
Ah, that's too bad. He's my favorite Suikoden hero :wink:

But yes, if any of the heroes were to make a return, I don't think they'd be a main character.
Lord_Skylar

Post by Lord_Skylar »

I don't know about that.... Lekkat and Windy only had half runes....
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's a known fact that Riou and Jowy aren't ageless. It's not disputable.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Hlaf a rune is half a rune. Riou and Jowy have components of a true rune. Together they form a true rune that would grant agelessness. Seperate they are simply unique runes.

As far as McDohl returning, I don't see it. Tenkais typically have a story and it is over. We see McDohl in Suikoden 2 basically hiding from people. No interest in running Toran and seeing people get harmed.

Besides, Tenkai's are more often than not ridiculously overpowered. Thomas is the exception. Using Tir and Riou in Suikoden 2 was far too easy.

A cameo could work, but it would need to make sense why someone would be there. Suikoden likes to go from nation to nation and has left the main continent. Unless there was a reason, why would that character be halfway across the world in an some mystery land? It should add to the story, not detract from it.

Ted was a decent example in that he was in suikoden 4. It was established why he was there. It actually is a good lead in to the first game. It wasn't just "We get to recruit Ted cuz he's cool and has souleater"
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I wouldnt mind if konami dropped little treats of orignial suikoden characters like FF does. Like in FF9 in one of the weapon shops they have Clouds sword hung up on the wall. Maybe Konami could do that with . that would be nice though hehe
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Well they already do a lot by having certain staples, returning characters etc etc. It makes tons of cross references.
kuksoolwon

side quest

Post by kuksoolwon »

tey can definatley use him as a side quest.and maybe see victor and flik return?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Lord_Skylar wrote:I don't know about that.... Lekkat and Windy only had half runes....

Both of them are different. There's an sample explanation for this, the "water and coffee beans" explanation, find it.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Both of them are different. There's an sample explanation for this, the "water and coffee beans" explanation, find it.
Are they? If I remember correctly, the gate rune is divided into two different pieces, the front and the back and not the first and second halve.

Someone clear me on this one: This coffee and water explanation was done by fans, it is not official, konami can give other explanation, right?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The water and coffee beans explanation was not given by Konami, it was made by a certain fan, SARS, who couldn't find any other way to dumb it down to the point where even the most incoherent yokel could understand it, but, I guess that wasn't enough.

Konami has explained the difference between The Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. Riou and Jowy are officially ageless, end of story. There is no debating this FACT.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Yes there´s another explanation, that´s what I actually thought after I finished Suikoden I. I find it much better and answers lots of questions like:

- Why Windy and Lekkat don´t age?
- Why Windy seeks the soul eater and not the other half of her rune?
- Why Lekkat doesn´t participate in any of the wars?
- What is the gate rune´s curse?
- How can the runes have different names, if they are the same?

This is completely off-topic, maybe I´ll open a new post later to explain my theory, but before that I have to replay Suikoden I to be sure not to say anything stupid.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Why Windy and Lekkat don´t age?
Answered already. See the Water/Coffie stuff.

Or must I say it again? The Gate Rune was a true rune wich was broken in two using a technique of some sort. Because it was broken in two by force wich made it a Half True Rune. While the Dark Blade and Bright Shield rune were NORMAL runes that only when combined forms a True Rune. It is even possible that the Beginning Rune was never formed before Riou and Jowy got it. And its also not sure if the Gate Rune pieces can be reassembled.
- Why Windy seeks the soul eater and not the other half of her rune?
She probably wanted both but needed the Soul Eater first so that she can overpower Leknaat. Thats just my guess.
- Why Lekkat doesn´t participate in any of the wars?
Why would she need to? In Suikoden 1 you actually fight her sister so its quite obvious that she helps you. The other ones are none of her concern(exept for helping the tenkai with the Runes).
- What is the gate rune´s curse?
Unknown. Maybe its agelessnes. But that depends on the bearer. Or maybe the curse is to make the bearer really cocky and go around saying he's the Executor of Balance and stuff.*Joke*
- How can the runes have different names, if they are the same?
One has the power to summon monsters(front gate rune) and the other to send them back to the Emtpy World (back gate rune).
Last edited by Wraith on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night

Post by Night »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Konami has explained the difference between The Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. Riou and Jowy are officially ageless, end of story. There is no debating this FACT.
Damn, sorry to be a pain, but I guess someone should probably point out that you meant NOT ageless (I hope).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away