Transformation rune

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falenan_descent

Transformation rune

Post by Falenan_descent »

You know, I was playing Xenosaga today and I was using MOMO's transformation abilities and I thought, hey, what the hell! Suikoden should have a character like this. Have a rune that can change their appearance and give them different abilities based on their appearance. Maybe even encorporate that into a true rune. Though, I don't think that would make for a great story.

Example: Even though it's been done before...

Lvl 1 - Non-elemental figure (Attacks are non-elemental, special attacks are simple)

Lvl 2 - Dark elemental figure (Attacks are dark based, special attacks are dark based possibly consume hp while fighting)

Lvl 3 - Light elemental figure (Attacks are light based, special attacks can heal allies and are light attributed. Can revive fallen allies?)

Lvl 4 - Omega figure (Select this and choose a form. You assume that form and that form has stronger abilities.)

Or

Lvl 4 - Gaia figure (All forms combined into one to make one super form?)

I dunno, what do you think?
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

What about Bob an Ernst?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think you're not Konami and aren't in charge of making runes.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Transformation rune

Post by patapi »

Falenan_descent wrote:Example: Even though it's been done before...

Lvl 1 - Non-elemental figure (Attacks are non-elemental, special attacks are simple)

Lvl 2 - Dark elemental figure (Attacks are dark based, special attacks are dark based possibly consume hp while fighting)

Lvl 3 - Light elemental figure (Attacks are light based, special attacks can heal allies and are light attributed. Can revive fallen allies?)

Lvl 4 - Omega figure (Select this and choose a form. You assume that form and that form has stronger abilities.)

Or

Lvl 4 - Gaia figure (All forms combined into one to make one super form?)

I dunno, what do you think?
In this series, equipped Runes determine special attacks.

Wouldn't this mean that the character would have to change Runes on the fly to allow different abilities in each form?
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I think you're not Konami and aren't in charge of making runes.
Uhh...Ok? Last time I checked this was a discussion bored not a "Lets open fire and insult people when they attempt to start discussion!" Ahem. Anyway.
Wouldn't this mean that the character would have to change Runes on the fly to allow different abilities in each form?
Well how do we know all the runes properties and their full potential? What if a rune could change its ability depending on the actions of the user. If a rune can unite with another rune to form a special attack why couldn't a rune change its attacks depending on how the user uses it?

Look at the Falcon and Shrike runes. They're essentially the same attack but the characters use them differently.
What about Bob an Ernst?
Yes they did transform. Bob because that's what his people do and Ernst because of a curse. Bob isn't quite what I was trying to associate with transformation...because his is a natural thing. I wanted it to be more along the lines of Ernst due to a rune. But Ernst was different. He was always in his transformed state but reverted only half back... I dunno.

*** Edit ***

Also, I was thinking that maybe it could be a permanent thing like Ernst. When you change with the rune its permanent until used again. Although, that could be complicated.
Vexen

Post by Vexen »

Uhh...Ok? Last time I checked this was a discussion bored not a "Lets open fire and insult people when they attempt to start discussion!" Ahem. Anyway.
I agree. That was uncalled for.

It sounds like a nice idea. Perhaps even implemented into the mysterious Change Rune if Konami decides to make that a playable rune.
The memory's wiles are cruel. In its silence, we forget. And in its perversion, it binds our hearts firmly.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

thats not a bad idea. they could have something like when the character transforms the runes power changes. if anyone has played shadow hearts the main character yuri fuses into different monsters who each have different abilities and as the game goes on the monsters have evolved forms with stronger powers. its pretty cool and i wouldnt mind seeing it in suikoden. say the character in suikoden transforms to a mage version of the character the runes abilities can change to healing types. if the character transforms into a warrior version they can have strong attacking abilities. anyways there are a lot of ways you can play this into suikoden. but yeah thats not a bad idea......... this also gave me an idea. characters fusing together. 2 characters can turn into 1 strong character or somtthing. personally i think konami should add more things like this. this will give the battle system more depth, runes more depth, and make the game longer and have players want to try out a lot of things with characters
SOe

Post by SOe »

How about Gadget Z..
As i remember it transform into a big robot thing, but it's not permanent though.
[/quote]
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

how about, the level of the rune depend on the form?
L1: fire beast
L2: water beast
L3: earth beast
L4: wind beat

something like that.