Return of Neclord?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Queens Knight

Return of Neclord?

Post by Queens Knight »

If a future Suikoden takes place in the past again, do you think that Neclord should be in it, or do you think that his story has been told in full?

I wouldn't mind seeing Neclord in a future game, while he was in 1 and 2, you really didn't get to see him as more then a one dimensional charatcer.
I mean he was around for 300 years before the events in Suikoden 1, that would give him a lot of time to stir up trouble all over the place, could even have one of Kahn Marley's ancestor's chasing him heh.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Seriously doubt anything more than a minor mentioning of Neclord in future series.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Hm, Konami might be nice and add some plot with him in it, (IF there were to be a Suikoden VI, VII etc...) It would be interesting to find some more info on his background. But, Komataguri is probably right.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I like neclord and everything but his story has been told, make room for things we dont know yet like more viki and jeane information you know
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

They should let him return in a game set after II, and nullify the battle against him back then (again!).
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

patapi wrote:They should let him return in a game set after II, and nullify the battle against him back then (again!).
He was killed using the Marley Clan technique, the Star Dragon Sword and Sierra taking the Moon Rune back from him.
Besides they already used the doppleganger secret once, I don't think it should be repeated. He's dead, however if he was to be in a game, it would have to be set in the past.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
eStrangeD

Post by eStrangeD »

I would love to see a return of Neclord even if they nullify that battle from two. It would give me reason and drive to pound him even more!!! I doubt it though unless it's set in the past. If it was set in Suiko 4it would be like this.... since viki is theoretically (by the people in this forum) able to time-walk.......

Neclord:"Muahahaha"

Viki: "What are you doing here?"

Neclord: "Fear me!"

Viki:(Teleports Viktor, Kahn and Sierra from suiko 2)

Viktor: Hey!! I'm in 3d!!!

Kahn and Sierra: ME TOO!!!

Neclord:(Shows no fear as he doesnt know that viktor has the star dragon sword, nor does he know about the marley's technique)
Viktor: I thought i killed you

Neclord: uhhhh....no you didnt!! I'm immortal!!

Viki: I teleported you through time Viktor, apparently HeroIV is having a hard time beating this guy and the star dragon sword finds everyone in this game incompetent.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

LOL that would be hillarious.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

eStrangeD wrote:I would love to see a return of Neclord even if they nullify that battle from two. It would give me reason and drive to pound him even more!!! I doubt it though unless it's set in the past. If it was set in Suiko 4it would be like this.... since viki is theoretically (by the people in this forum) able to time-walk.......

Neclord:"Muahahaha"

Viki: "What are you doing here?"

Neclord: "Fear me!"

Viki:(Teleports Viktor, Kahn and Sierra from suiko 2)

Viktor: Hey!! I'm in 3d!!!

Kahn and Sierra: ME TOO!!!

Neclord:(Shows no fear as he doesnt know that viktor has the star dragon sword, nor does he know about the marley's technique)
Viktor: I thought i killed you

Neclord: uhhhh....no you didnt!! I'm immortal!!

Viki: I teleported you through time Viktor, apparently HeroIV is having a hard time beating this guy and the star dragon sword finds everyone in this game incompetent.
But if Viktor was teleported back 150 years and killed Neclord then

He wouldn't have been traumatized by Neclord in the future.

Which means he wouldn't have hated him

Which means he wouldn't have found the star dragon sword

Which means he couldn't be teleported back in time to beat Neclord.

this is what we call a time paradox.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Also sometimes if time is fundamentally changed, the time traveller is unable to return to their original time period because of a critical event. Such an example would be the effects of a character from the future partacipating in a war in the past and killing somebody. It is said that Georg Prime is unmatched in sword combat apart from to Ferid, so imagine if for example Viki teleported Georg or Ferid back in time and killed Hikusaak straight after he overthrew Aronia, thus stopping Harmonia's creation and altering history forever.

If this happened:

Would Windy and Leknaat's Gate Rune Clan have been destroyed?

Would the land Harmonia is situated in have become oppressive, expansionist and totalitarian in its nature?

What would happen to those either oppressed by Harmonia or those who have become oppressors due to Harmonia e.g. Windy, the Rugners, Luc.
Yes all of these had reasons, rooting back to Harmonian actions, but they too became what they hate, the very evil they fought to eradicate had encompassed them.

Therefore it is impossible to fundamentally change history without severe consequences on the future.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I thought we were done with Neclord in 1, then was positively surprised when he returned in 2, but if he re-appears again it'll be overkill. At least as an important villain. All IMO of course. :)
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Shikton wrote:I thought we were done with Neclord in 1, then was positively surprised when he returned in 2, but if he re-appears again it'll be overkill. At least as an important villain. All IMO of course. :)
I gave a pained groan when I saw Neclords return in 2. I thought it was already overkill.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

Neclord is my hero. He needs to get his Moon Rune back!

Seeing Windy and the gang in a prequel would be cool though, although dissapointing since you technically wouldn't be able to defeat them (just drive them out at most). In that sense, I'd rather see the threesome working together (like the Destroyers in S3) than as separate 'generals' like in S1.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Masamune wrote:Neclord is my hero. He needs to get his Moon Rune back!

First off, he's dead - Good riddance.

Secondly, it was never his moon rune to begin with. He stole it from the rightful bearer, Sierra.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

That's just Sierra's cover story. We all know she just resents that he dumped her for not being a redhead.

That is, I knew that already.