Return of Neclord?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Well, there seems to be lots of Vampires in the Suikoden world. So maybe there will be another very strong vampire character.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I think a return of Neclord would be ace but unless somethings going to happen like someone calling him back from the place were all the dead peeps go then i think he should be in a suikoden game set before 1.
:roll:
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Tsubaki wrote:I think a return of Neclord would be ace but unless somethings going to happen like someone calling him back from the place were all the dead peeps go then i think he should be in a suikoden game set before 1.
:roll:
I don't think he should be recalled from the world of emptiness, his story is over now as far as the present and the future is concerned, and I doubt that the past travels of Windy, Yuber and Neclord are the top priority at this moment in time since Windy is MIA, Neclord is dead and Yuber is being saved for some kind of Suikoden climax.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

If they made a game set years ago when he steals the rune i think that would be exellent and to see him turn from good to evil would be really good character development.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I don’t think it’s possible to have a suikoden so far in the past, but there would be no problem in showing flashbacks of when he turned evil.

I would like to see what he did to the Kahn Marley´s clan in the past. This would be a good opportunity to bring new vampires characters to the series, something like his first bride. We could also see how the rune of night became a sword. This would mean a game between Suikoden IV and Suikoden V.

Neclord appearing in the future would be a bad idea.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Rezard wrote:I don’t think it’s possible to have a suikoden so far in the past, but there would be no problem in showing flashbacks of when he turned evil.

I would like to see what he did to the Kahn Marley´s clan in the past. This would be a good opportunity to bring new vampires characters to the series, something like his first bride. We could also see how the rune of night became a sword. This would mean a game between Suikoden IV and Suikoden V.

Neclord appearing in the future would be a bad idea.
i agree with you but think it would make a good game and if they only showed what happend in flash backs it wouldnt be as good because you wouldnt get to see everything.
Fu Su Lu

Re: Return of Neclord?

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Queens Knight wrote:If a future Suikoden takes place in the past again, do you think that Neclord should be in it, or do you think that his story has been told in full?

I wouldn't mind seeing Neclord in a future game, while he was in 1 and 2, you really didn't get to see him as more then a one dimensional charatcer.
I mean he was around for 300 years before the events in Suikoden 1, that would give him a lot of time to stir up trouble all over the place, could even have one of Kahn Marley's ancestor's chasing him heh.
Maybe you have your chances in a game happening before SI, II and V and why not before IV. Consider that him, Yuber and Windy were looking for Ted-and surely doing evil, interesting things-, so why not. I would not mind. Hell, I´d love it lol :lol:
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I'm more concerned with the story between Viktor & Edge and the Vampire that Edge was after, more than any storylines about Neclord.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The vampires attacking Edge's village were most likely just used as a cheesy plot device to give Edge the SDS. I doubt it's as deep as you'd like to think.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Regardless, I think it's important to know who/why Edge got the SDS and why Viktor himself didn't pwn some vampires instead.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He wanted to be rid of the SDS.
Suikosource wrote:Their journey brought them to a village being attacked by vampires. They met a young man named Edge, whose sister had been taken away by the vampires. They began to fight the vampires, when Edge told Viktor he wanted to be a great swordsman. In response, Viktor lent him the Star Dragon Sword to use, which he did to lay the final blow on the head vampire, rescuing his sister. However, Viktor didn't ask for the sword back, and he left with Flik to go help fight Harmonia in the Higheast Rebellion.
Nalleo

Post by Nalleo »

Yup,I think there will be another stronger vampire rather than Neclord and Sierra.I don't mind if Sierra pop up again but please no Neclord.He disgust me.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Ushiku wrote:He was killed using the Marley Clan technique, the Star Dragon Sword and Sierra taking the Moon Rune back from him.
Besides they already used the doppleganger secret once, I don't think it should be repeated. He's dead, however if he was to be in a game, it would have to be set in the past.
not dead. his souls trapped
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

Know this is somewhat off topic, but do Vampires even have a soul?
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

hmmm, confusing question, but id assume so.