Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Kyril's weapon is actually a swallow, too, though they don't exist in real life (well, not in the same way they are in Rhapsodia and CC).

A naginata's blade isn't as curved and outlandish as that of a swallow.
eStrangeD

Post by eStrangeD »

what about a blade of a scythe attached to a band on his wrist? sounds pretty kool.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Hm...A staff weilding magic user for the Tenkai would put a different twist on things. Plausible and something we have yet to see...
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

That, or something kinda new, like, let's say, an Rune Archer.

Name?

Race
Human or Elf, perhaps --- why not let an elf take the spotlight?

Runes
-=HEAD=-
{Future True Rune Slot}

-=LEFT HAND=-
----------------

-=RIGHT HAND=-
Runic Hawk Rune
DMG x0.8; All Enemies; MAG Oriented

etc. etc.

<_<
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

It would be very interesting to see a non-human tenkai star, since they have distinct weaponry based on race. I'd love it if there was a nation which was comprised of only non-human races, and they united against a human militaristic nation.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Futch02 wrote:Hm...A staff weilding magic user for the Tenkai would put a different twist on things. Plausible and something we have yet to see...
Let's say the main hero starts the game off with 5/2/1/0 ;p and a "Lightening Rune" attached. Can't hit for crap and can only sit in the back row. I don't think that would sit too well with some suikovets. I like the idea but think about it. You will always have the slow beginning of the game and the only strong character that can make wins happen is the main character for the next couple of game hours lol. Rune burning can only go so far~~~ til you need an Inn.

Or do you mean someone like Kyril - using a staff like weapon but can deal good damage while at the same time having good prowess in magic? A hybrid. Or "Red Mage" if you will.
Rune of Punishment.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Mystil wrote:
Futch02 wrote:Hm...A staff weilding magic user for the Tenkai would put a different twist on things. Plausible and something we have yet to see...
Let's say the main hero starts the game off with 5/2/1/0 ;p and a "Lightening Rune" attached. Can't hit for crap and can only sit in the back row. I don't think that would sit too well with some suikovets. I like the idea but think about it. You will always have the slow beginning of the game and the only strong character that can make wins happen is the main character for the next couple of game hours lol. Rune burning can only go so far~~~ til you need an Inn.

Or do you mean someone like Kyril - using a staff like weapon but can deal good damage while at the same time having good prowess in magic? A hybrid. Or "Red Mage" if you will.
Just because you mainly use magic doesn't mean you can't punch somebody in the face for decent damage. Hell, my friend had Luc as her hardest hitter in Suiko2 and we all know his magic is pretty wicked. ^^; Mmm...Blue gate....
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

how about a cool looking spear?

or like someone else stated a flail would be cool or even nunchucks too.
Fiale

Post by Fiale »

Hmm, I think a Howling Voice Guild member (or perhaps ex-HVG) would be interesting, with them having a gun of some sorts obviously.

Unlikely, but I'd like to see it. Though mostly from the perspective of learning more about the HVG :D
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Non-humans are unlikely to play any role larger than a general.

Why?

Because humans are the most widely spread species in the game.

and humans won't ban together under an elf since the vast majority of elves have a superiority complex.

and I doubt anyone would gather under a kobold.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Komataguri wrote:
Not true! I would totally join Gobacha! He's so adorably fluffy, he'd have a hoard of girls age 5-12 all over that war :D
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Futch02 wrote:
Komataguri wrote:
Not true! I would totally join Gobacha! He's so adorably fluffy, he'd have a hoard of girls age 5-12 all over that war :D
I'm sure that enemy generals who are trained, heavily armed and powerful will melt like ice when they see the adorable Tenkai Star kobold puppy and probably suggest a peace treaty, charmed by the fluffiness, too.

I'm sure Luca Blight would fit in the above, too. :roll:
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

A non-human tenkai would be wonderful, since they often have different weapon styles than humans e.g. Spears for Lizards and Wingers and Bows for Elves.

The ex-Howling Voice Guild tenkai suggestion was very interesting, I'm sure a Howling Voice Guild fugitive would be a great insight into the Howling Voice Guild and its culture, and Howling Voice Guild members could have a huge role in the game. I think that Clive would be remarkable in this scenario since he's a just character who also isn't a pushover, so he'd do what he thinks is right instead of being a puppet of the elders, I would even theorize that he and Master Sauro would even help the fugitive and defeat the corrupt elders.
The reprocussions on Harmonia would be a great focal point for the Suikoden series, who would be their assassins, who would work undercover using espionage?
I'm really liking this idea.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Alex Delferia wrote:
I'm sure that enemy generals who are trained, heavily armed and powerful will melt like ice when they see the adorable Tenkai Star kobold puppy and probably suggest a peace treaty, charmed by the fluffiness, too.

I'm sure Luca Blight would fit in the above, too. :roll:
Sarcasm noted. Rebutle following; Hense the statement "he'd have a hoard of girls age 5-12 all over that war".
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

I simply couldn't resist.