Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Joel

Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

Post by Joel »

If they make a VIth game then I'm pretty sure I know what his weapon might be. If my theory is correct his weapon will be a dual weapon. My evidence? Look at the pattern of the game's Heroes/Tenkai Stars

1. A Bo Staf
2. A *pair* of Tonfas
3. This depends on who you count as a hero, if you count the Flame Champion it's a Bo staff, if you count Thomas it's a dinky little sword he got out of a McDonalds Happy Meal, if you count whoever inherits the True Fire Rune its either a knife or a sword
4. a *pair* of daggers
5. a Triple Rod (I refuse to call that damned thing a nunchakuu whne it's clearly NOT)

Notice the pattern? All odd numbered games have single weapons, but the even numbered ones the hero had paired weapons.

I just thought I'd bring that up, not nessesarily important but it's pretty cool if you think about it.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

If that was true that would be kinda of cool.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
son_michael

Re: Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

Post by son_michael »

Joel wrote:5. a Triple Rod (I refuse to call that damned thing a nunchakuu whne it's clearly NOT)
its a STAFF not a rod...and it becomes like a nunchaku, it seperates into 3 pieces and each piece becomes lighter and is connected to a chain, you swing the pieces around just like a nunchaku....so clearley it is a type of nunchaku...its not a REAL nunchaku but it becomes LIKE a nunchaku....I fail to see why you cant accept this....
Joel

Re: Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

Post by Joel »

son_michael wrote:
its a STAFF not a rod...and it becomes like a nunchaku, it seperates into 3 pieces and each piece becomes lighter and is connected to a chain, you swing the pieces around just like a nunchaku....so clearley it is a type of nunchaku...its not a REAL nunchaku but it becomes LIKE a nunchaku....I fail to see why you cant accept this....
Dude, I've been in martial arts since i was a kid, I know a triple rod when I see one :) . The only way it can be a nunchakuu with three sections is if it's like this..

Code: Select all

l
--O--

The 'O' represents the chain in the middle, this was also a weapon used in Devil May Cry 3.

Nanami has a weapon just like it in SuikoII, and that's called a triple rod.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Double weapons or single weapons, except for Suiko5, they all hit twice.

McDohl hit twice, but it only listed the combined hit score.

Riou hit twice, and it popped up the damage for each hit.

Thats pretty much a thing in suikoden that they hit twice [ changing in suikoden 5 of course. ]
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I want the main character to have a ranged weapon for once. I'm tired of seeing the same action from a main character. A huge boomerang would be neat. Or throwing daggers. Or, actually, a Teddy bear would be nifty.
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

Falenan_descent wrote:Or, actually, a Teddy bear would be nifty.
Wasn't Lulu from FFX enough? ;)

As for a weapon, a double ball flail would be cool ;)
When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the people in the backseat.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Or a pair of actual nunchakuus.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Joel wrote:Or a pair of actual nunchakuus.
I'd like one of those sickle-and-chain weapons. They always animate so cool. BTW, are there actually huge boomerangs in the world or are they mostly one of those anime/game conventions like SV's tri-staff?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well so far in terms of singular weapons there have been the Bo-Staff, Swords, a Dagger and a 3 pieace staff that turns into nunchucks.

In terms of dual weapons there have been a pair of tonfas and duel swords.

I think that Konami won't want to overdo either swords or staffs since they've been given to the tenkai twice now, and one of Konami's greatest elements in Suikoden is the originality of the main character's clothing and weaponry.

Therefore I think something along the line of twin whips (female Tenkai?), twin daggers, twin throwing stars or knives, twin clubs (Nameless lands?) or even twin fist-based weapons.

Keeping in terms of duality I'm sure that the context of the character will be well represented by their weapon.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Sounds pretty valid. Like with Riou, he had two tonfas. He was torn between having the Dunan Army save Jowstone from Highland and the fact that the sworn enemy of the nation is in fact his best friend. While Tir only had one weapon and he had one path, to defeat the Scarlet Moon so they can't get their hands on the Soul Eater.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

Or, actually, a Teddy bear would be nifty.
If that happens I'll boycot the game. :P Seriously. An SoD can have it, someone we don't need to use, but the Tenkai star or someone you're often forced to bring? Forget it. :?

Konami have made good decisions so far, so I've no doubt VI would be any different. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Hero was a swordsman type of character who's adept at magic. Think along the lines of Flik, just...a very different personality. :P
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

How about a Gun? No I'm just kidding. What about a staff with a gun barrel in it a la Tallgrund? It would be cool to see a Howling Voice character with Talgrund and you could choose wether to attack ranged or melee but that wouldn't be goot for a Tenkai I suppose.

I'm thinking the next weapon might be another staff. Or at least something similar. However its save to say its going to be a martial weapon thought S4 did branch away in that sense.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well really the personality of the main character is defined by us, by how we act controlling that character. Sure the main jists of what they have to do is set out in the game, but we have the power to see if a character is forgiving or brutal, funny or boring, kind or coldhearted. Our actions effect the stories in different ways, but the main frame of the game always stays the same, but our actions is what defines our playthrough in a unique way.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Komataguri wrote:Double weapons or single weapons, except for Suiko5, they all hit twice.

McDohl hit twice, but it only listed the combined hit score.

If I recall correctly, McDohl hit once normally. If he hit twice, it was one of those times he'd switch enemies immediately and hit them, before jumping back to the party.