Suikoden VI's possible hero weapon *spoilers*

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

He spun that stick around and whacked the mob on the head *POW*
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I always thought he was just showing off with the twirling not causing any damage until the actual thwack.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

That's correct-o. He goes all *twirltwirl* and then proceeds to plant a proper thwack on the enemy. Poor little things, that's gotta hurt...
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Well, let's admit --- if he'd immediately hit without the twirling, it'd be kinda dull. No?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Does anybody have any ideas for potential weapons for the tenkai in Suikoden 6? This thread seems to have turned into to a Tir McDohl fandom.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

Just a thought, but maybe give the Hero in Suikoden 6 a shield as well as a weapon. None of the other Tenkai stars have used a shield.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That would be interesting since equiped items are always named but the outfit stays the same, perhaps visible things such as sheilds and other such equipable items actually altering the hero's appearance would be interesting, it would take a lot more programming but considering its going to be on the PS3 the capability to customize should be included.

Whilst on the subject of customizing, perhaps a customizable weapon would be interesting, it would make it different from the other tenkais who just had their own respective weapons, instead the weapon could be customized, it would make gameplay more interesting and less predictable e.g. different weapon combinations change how the tenkai fights, and the role of blacksmiths would increase.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Ushiku wrote:Does anybody have any ideas for potential weapons for the tenkai in Suikoden 6? This thread seems to have turned into to a Tir McDohl fandom.
Heheh.

Well, hmm. Dual axes.

Now, let me explain. Maybe, for once, the Tenkai could be a tougher individual. Think a mixture of a stubborn dwarf, and the bear-like attitude of Viktor. But then, that tough guy wouldn't be much tough if given the title of "Silent Protagonist"...

If not, well, I'd like to see Rokkaku have a Tenkai. So possibly dual katanas, or claws. Perhaps.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

If Rokkaku had a tenkai, it would be interesting for it to be a middle class tenkai considering that is the reason Mondo can never become the leader of Rokkaku, because their leaders cannot be middle class.

Therefore their leadership and gathering of the stars would break away from Rokkaku Tradition.
eStrangeD

Post by eStrangeD »

a light-saber would be nice though, of course not a light-saber with lazers but like two-swords meshed together at the handle a-la darthmaul. I'd like to see the hero with something deadly(ok suiko4 was deadly but the shorts kinda take it away.)
ComeBackKid

Post by ComeBackKid »

I like the idea of appearance changing based on what items are equipped. I would like to see an older hero, maybe mid-twenties. The younger hero is good and everything, but I am getting kind of tired of the fact that the hero's so far have been younger. I would like to see a hero more like Geddoe or Miklotov. The weapons in the games never bothered me too much but the weapon in SV screams Nanami so I don't like it too much, even though the prince uses better than Nanami.
Can’t hold on to the thrill
So I hope you find your will to follow through
What we’ve invented, I am now ending
Hold on to who you love
We are tryin’ to blow like dust since we were young
The mornings over, the day is in full swing.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Queens Knight wrote:Just a thought, but maybe give the Hero in Suikoden 6 a shield as well as a weapon. None of the other Tenkai stars have used a shield.
And lets call him goofy.

and lets give him a duckclan magitian...and a human boy with a giant sword shaped like a key.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Komataguri wrote:
Queens Knight wrote:Just a thought, but maybe give the Hero in Suikoden 6 a shield as well as a weapon. None of the other Tenkai stars have used a shield.
And lets call him goofy.

and lets give him a duckclan magitian...and a human boy with a giant sword shaped like a key.
LOL Kingdom Hearts Suikoden, 108 Gummi Blocs of Destiny.

On a more serious note, I love the twin-sword idea, it would be great for a martial arts knowing tenkai similar to Riou, I could imagine it just being span as if its a lightweight weapon but its really very heavy and its just because the hero is strong, they could even make a comic moment from that when you get some muscular tough character saying how martial artists only have light swords, so the hero invites him to weild his sword and he ends up dropping it to the floor and making a fool out of himself. So then he makes a vow to become strong enough to weild an even heavier weapon, and asks you to take him to a blacksmith SoD who is then recruited, with each level, the sword becomes heavier, and whilst this increases the strength stat, it decreases the evade, defence, counter and speed stats. So as well as putting money in mind when upgrading a weapon, the strength of the character and whether its weapon level can correspond with the character level will make the game a lot harder and acquire more thought and customization than simply going to the smithy and asking to put the characters weapon straight up to level 16 as soon as all the hammers are acquired.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

eStrangeD wrote:a light-saber would be nice though, of course not a light-saber with lazers but like two-swords meshed together at the handle a-la darthmaul. I'd like to see the hero with something deadly(ok suiko4 was deadly but the shorts kinda take it away.)
Isn't that Kyril's weapon pretty much?

And..

And about McDohl spinning the staff, it adds momentum to it so that he can give a much harder WHACK. It would be pointless if he twirled. stopped. hit. But he goes straight from the twirl to the hit.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

Isn't that Kyril's weapon pretty much?
That was more of a twin-bladed naginata than a two-bladed sword, though it's kinda the same, yeah. I think he means more like, say, Zweig's bo, but with straight blades at each end.

Naginata is also called "Swallow" for Chrono Cross veterans.