Female Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
executorofbalance

Re:

Post by executorofbalance »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:I agree. It's about time we had a female tenkai. I would love to have one! It doesn't seem like there are many female main characters anymore.

I agree, but Chris is sort of like a main character. I don't want another female main character, I want a female Tenkai, how pwn would that be?
"Even if I close my eyes, the world will not dissapear."
Pollensalta

Re: Female Tenkai

Post by Pollensalta »

mhatter106 wrote:
anyways, male, female, dammit all i want is a romance arc
Lord no, this isn't Final Fantasy X-2.
I LIKE that Suikoden hasn't thrown in the cheesy, forced love stories. The romances that do happen are subtle and I like it that way.
Purr.
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

Pollensalta wrote: Lord no, this isn't Final Fantasy X-2.
I LIKE that Suikoden hasn't thrown in the cheesy, forced love stories. The romances that do happen are subtle and I like it that way.
Hey I never said forced or cheesy. :)
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

True. It's just that I've RARELY seen an RPG that was able to do romance without it seeming that way, with the exception of Suikoden. That's what makes our series so damn amazing... the depth of the characters. It's not "17 yr old boy meets 17 yr old girl & they fall in luv, yay!"
The game would show it happening, if it did. So I guess if any series could do it right, it would be Suikoden. but I'm just personally not thrilled about the whole damn *theme* of the game being romance. that's just a little too much.
Purr.
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

I think the cheesy love in it is bad enough. A romance arc would just be overbearing. It would obviously have to focus around the Tenkai and would get in the way of the real story. Like 5 if Roy and Lyon spent time getting romantic it would have slowed the urgency of the war.
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

Tenko5 wrote:I think the cheesy love in it is bad enough.
there's barely any at all right now. thats' bad enough? the only real romance arc i can recall from the suikodens is hix-tengaar and hix having to prove himself.

anyways with regards to cheesy, IMO cheesy usually stems from a romace arc that is done very superficially and lightly. Any meaningful noncheesy one would require more complex and detailed views into the characters.

but seriously i woudl settle for any sort of indication that the tenkai is attracted. flirting would be enuff.
skyfirefly

Post by skyfirefly »

female tenkai thats what i wish...
for something new..
Anel21

Post by Anel21 »

skyfirefly wrote:female tenkai thats what i wish...
for something new..
I couldnt say it better myself. :D :D :D
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

that'll be nice.
I love female leads.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

On this female tenkai subject, i am currently replaying Suikoden III and there was something that caught my attention this time. When you recruit Alanis, Elliot says something to the extent of "Alanis for some reason people flock to you. you can make friends wherever you are." Got me thinking if they make a game after III could they somehow throw her in to the Tenkai Star postion making her the first because she can attract people?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

buddyboy wrote:On this female tenkai subject, i am currently replaying Suikoden III and there was something that caught my attention this time. When you recruit Alanis, Elliot says something to the extent of "Alanis for some reason people flock to you. you can make friends wherever you are." Got me thinking if they make a game after III could they somehow throw her in to the Tenkai Star postion making her the first because she can attract people?
NO, because characters can't change stars. Sorry.
Purr.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

No need to be sorry. It is just true. They cannot change stars
Nick Bruiser
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Nemesis wrote:No need to be sorry. It is just true. They cannot change stars
lol, threw the sorry in there because we've had quite a debate lately from people who can't accept things that are true.
Purr.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Plus I want to see a NEW hero, not someone who was already a character. Since making Alanis the Main lead would mean she wouldn't be a silent protagonist, which I think works better in Suikoden then the non-silent type.

Also on the note of the whole romance thing, Konami please do not do that!! I'll strangle myself if I see that. I like how they leave it up to the imagination of the player up until now. I mean Tir, Riou, Lazlo and The Prince all had many characters they could pair up with but the game let us try to decide after the game was over who they might of ended up with.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Anel21

Post by Anel21 »

Chaco wrote:Plus I want to see a NEW hero, not someone who was already a character. Since making Alanis the Main lead would mean she wouldn't be a silent protagonist, which I think works better in Suikoden then the non-silent type.

Also on the note of the whole romance thing, Konami please do not do that!! I'll strangle myself if I see that. I like how they leave it up to the imagination of the player up until now. I mean Tir, Riou, Lazlo and The Prince all had many characters they could pair up with but the game let us try to decide after the game was over who they might of ended up with.
I agree 100%. Thats all folks