Female Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Do you think Pilika could be a worthy candidate? I think her age at that time would be like 20 or something like that.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

She's definately a candidate to be in a future suikoden. Jowy probobly left Pilika and Jilia with a lot of money. I'm also sure Jilia would have adopted Pilika as her daughter, sent her off to school, and Pilika would be involved in politics or something to that effect...
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Yeah despite apparently everyone elses beliefs, I don't want to play a video game as a chick. Something about being a guy and not having this whole, not wanting to grow up to be Rahal thing. Joel's idea would work, choosing a gender, but I don't want to play a Suikoden soley from a girls perspective. Say what you want, it's just my preference.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
thecontrivance

Just throwing this out there

Post by thecontrivance »

I am just throwing this out there, but if the next Tenkai was Laknaat and they tell her story. She could have been a Tenkai way back when and had another true rune "the True Phero" which made people around her atracted to her physical and mental beauty. Of course she was younger and more like a good lookin' teenager.

NO nevermind scratch that.

She has the Gate Rune but must oppose Windy and some country. It would also have the mystiries of other characters revieled like:

1) Pesmerga-Yuber.......
2)The Gate Clan and its destruction......
3) Hikasuuk.......
4)THat original vampire lady(who supposidely is married to Nash), and her background.......
5)Crowley(BIG PART OF THE GAME)........
6)Viki.......
7)Jeane.....

yeah, but Leknaat(in her younger years) is the only girl in Suikoden that I would see as a ligitimate tenkai.

Hey! Maybe she could be the original Tenkai........... :wink:
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Sun of a Studio wrote:Yeah despite apparently everyone elses beliefs, I don't want to play a video game as a chick. Something about being a guy and not having this whole, not wanting to grow up to be Rahal thing. Joel's idea would work, choosing a gender, but I don't want to play a Suikoden soley from a girls perspective. Say what you want, it's just my preference.
Well alot of great rpgs have females as the lead role. So it wont be long before konami makes a female lead for suikoden. Its not like it will kill you if you play as a girl? Will it make you sissy no.... will everyone laugh at you no.... will you miss out on one heck of a game yes... weather its female or male just play it dont give up on it :P.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Do you think that a male lead = female lead? If that´s true, then this topic doesn´t make sense, whatever will do just fine.

I don´t know if I would like to see a female lead acting like a male.
Last edited by Rezard on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night

Post by Night »

Rezard wrote:Do you think that a male lead = female lead? If that´s true, then this topic doesn´t make sense, whatever will do just fine.

I don´t know if I would like to see a female lead acting like a male, like swinging a gigantic hammer around. Cris would be fine female lead, she is phsycally strong, but doesn´t act like a male. Hanna, on the other hand, is female just in gender.
Why does a female lead have to act like a male? None of the male leads we've had so far have been "swinging a gigantic hammer around." I don't understand what you mean when you ask if male lead female lead. It's just a lead role, full stop, and doesn't need to be ascribed to any gender.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I couldn’t express myself clearly, I was just trying to understand what the difference between male and female leads, because just seems to doesn’t matter at all. Do you want a female lead just to be fair to female players?
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

[qoute]Do you think that a male lead = female lead? If that´s true, then this topic doesn´t make sense, whatever will do just fine.

I don´t know if I would like to see a female lead acting like a male.[/quote]

Never said anything about a male lead = a female lead....I just said if it is a female why ridicule something like that. Its not like a female would kill or destroy the gameplay, it would play the same. And the topic of this post is "Female tenkai"? So why doesnt it make sence? Im just explaining that a female character would not bother me and that sun of a studio shouldnt mind if its a girl or not :P.

And no i dont want it to be a girl to be fair to girl players, im just saying that a female lead will not effect my love for suikoden.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Falenan_descent

And no i dont want it to be a girl to be fair to girl players, im just saying that a female lead will not effect my love for suikoden.
Why not? Its not like the main character says much anyway. But why everyone wants to see a girl is mostly...

1) The weapon
2) Her great looks
3) The way everyone would treat a woman differently from a political POV
4) What her true rune would be.

Personally, I'd love to see how a woman would handle her issues.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Falenan_descent wrote:1) The weapon
Women and men can use all weapons with equal efficiency.
2) Her great looks
Who cares?
That depends on the country.
4) What her true rune would be.
Gender doesn't matter here.
Personally, I'd love to see how a woman would handle her issues.
She wouldn't "handle her issues" any differently because we'd be in control.

We've already had a female lead, and the game wasn't substantially different.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I guess I wouldn't mind a female protagonist (not Tenkai, to avoid people saying "but Chris wasn't a Tenkai!!"), but there's already been a female lead, and it wasn't that different from playing as a dude, since she wasn't very "girly".
There was a slight difference in that her knights were often hitting on her and trying to get her to settle down, if memory serves. But generally speaking she wasn't that different from her male counterparts.
Night

Post by Night »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
I would imagine that a politician would treat a woman equally, from a political standpoint. I don't understand this one.
Not necessarily. Like it or not, there are differences in the way people react to different genders. It can also change the path a game storyline takes. If, for example, they had reversed the roles of HeroV and Lym (so Lym was older and was the Tenkai) then everyone would have reacted differently to her, because being a female heir was so much more important in Falena.

However, by and large the Suiko universe doesn't seem to have an awful lot of sexism in it (bar the dragon knights). So there is potential for a different perspective from a different gender, but they seem to be moving away from such a possibility so far.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden V is the only one where gender plays a large role.

Casting Lymsleia as the hero wouldn't be a good idea, because she was one of the priority targets.

Playing as Chris wasn't much different than playing as a man.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falenan_descent

Jowy Atreides
I don't understand you.

What I'm getting at is what Konami chooses to portray as their first female Tenkai, assuming they'll put one in.

Will they make her a soft, reflective character like Eileen and give her a staff/bo?

Would they make her into a wild, axe-wielding barbarian like Gretchen? A weapon someone chooses to wield says a lot about their character. A huge Tinto warrior would seem out of place carrying around books as a weapon like Nina.

Again, the looks, the same as the weapon. If the next game were to take place in New Armes she'd be supporting a really nifty far eastern outfit. Or, if she was harmonion, possibly a tunic.

As for the way a woman would be treated from a political POV. You said she'd be treated equally? I highly doubt it. Unless you're in Falena or Muse you don't see too many women running around as leaders of countries or armies. Anabelle and Arshtat were two examples where women had the hot seat. And not only that! Look what happened to them! But, in places like Tinto it seems more masculine dominated. It is more common for women to be seen in general positions on the battlefield like Sonya, Chris, or even Cecile.

As we know there are 27 true runes. There are still many to be displayed and I think if they applied a good rune for their first female Tenkai it would make the game seem more interesting. Try making the Beast Rune inflict the same insanity that Luca Blight had on his evil twin-sister alter-ego Madonna *rolls eyes*
We'll be making the choices for her
Yes, that's true. But, what I was getting at there is what two-three options that we'd get to choose from. So, we would get to see the different ways she could handle certain situations. In Suikoden II, Riou was either loud and in charge or quiet and reserved.