Should Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics take Suikogaidens place?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Komataguri

Should Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics take Suikogaidens place?

Post by Komataguri »

First of, I didn't know where else to post this.... if any mod finds it not fitting, then sorry :\

NOW.

Suikoden Tactics was a pretty good game [ I'm not getting into discussion of that game, or spoilers ], and it got me thinking.

Since Suikogaidens will never come to America, whats the likely hood that more Suikoden Tactics games will be made, to explore the different sides to teh story of the main game?

Obviously it would be hard to work them into existing games, Maybe.. But for future games, am I the only one whom thinks it would be nice to see a release of a tactics game for every main title game, to give a second side to the story and events, and to explore a bit more in areas that the main game cannot?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You also have to consider Suikoden Card Stories for the GBA, which is unlike both of the other Suikoden gaidens. Likely, they do not feel as if the gaidens are "replacing" one another, they are merely branching out into new genres with the Suikoden series.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Jowy Atreides wrote:You also have to consider Suikoden Card Stories for the GBA, which is unlike both of the other Suikoden gaidens. Likely, they do not feel as if the gaidens are "replacing" one another, they are merely branching out into new genres with the Suikoden series.
I didn't mean replace in the literal since, I mean replace...since there are no more gaidens being made [ to my knowledge ], that a new tactics series of games would be a good replacement for the missing gaidens, as a way to tell another side of the story or show backstory events.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Ah, ok. They seem to always choose a new genre for each side-game, so it's not likely to happen. I've always imagined that they'd make a giant compilation game to show certain events in the past from Suikoden V, the Higheast Rebellion, Succession Wars, etc.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Ah, ok. They seem to always choose a new genre for each side-game, so it's not likely to happen. I've always imagined that they'd make a giant compilation game to show certain events in the past from Suikoden V, the Higheast Rebellion, Succession Wars, etc.
Well, those are things that seem almost to deserve their own games :D

But I mean, you know, like the story of Suiko Tactics, its a good compliment to Suiko4 and answers some questions that were left unanswered, and gave us a more in depth look at the Kooluk Empire.

Not necessarily SOD games, but games that just...detail a side story, Like...I wanna say Georges side dealings in Suiko5, but since he actually sporadically reappears in Suik5 from time to time, it'd be hard to integrade that into a side story game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

As long as they translate the game and bring it outside Japan, any genre is good.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

Continuing the Tactics games wouldn't be a bad idea. That and it would be easy fodder to cover certain historic events (Higheast Rebellion, Succession War, Armes-Falenan War) that wouldn't translate as well to a full 108 SoD game.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Out of those three suggestions, I would probably enjoy the Armes-Falenan war, if well choreographed - and if the plot starts before Arshtat is married, since we got so little time with Arshtat and Ferid. I honestly felt a little deprived, although, any of those suggestions could possibly make good games.
I hope everything is going delicious.
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

I would like to se a tactics based on the first fire-bringer war.. where you play as the original FC, and steals the true fire from harmonia, and then Geddoe and Jimba joins you.. that would be sweeeeet :)
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~