The over all loop of Suikoden History

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Zadiel

The over all loop of Suikoden History

Post by Zadiel »

This is how I remember hearing about the over all story of Suikoden, If I am remembering this wrong then I can find the sources.

If I recall, the last battle will more than likely take place in Harmonia. We know that everything is already leading up to this.

I remember reading some where that Crowley and Mazus end up having some monumental battle of runes and magic and end up tearing the entire univers apart, which then some how resets everything. Thus out of this battle the 27 true runes are formed and history begins.

I recall Some thing that stated that Crowley is the greatest wizard to ever live and his ultimate goal is to fuse multiple runes to his body.

This is from what I remember from things that were pieced together and I read in a forum a long time ago.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Man you're way off.

Crowley and Mazus just created the badlands between Toran and Dunan with their duel (but you are sort of partly right, this duel apparently happened before they were born, suggesting a rebirth). The universe was created by Sword and Shield's duel, or so the Story of Creation states.

It's widely speculated that Harmonia will be the location of the series' final installment, as there are a ton of mysteries that all lead back to there, and it most likely will do, but it's still only speculation.

Your other info about Crowley is right, though.
Zadiel

Post by Zadiel »

Ok also that the leader of Harmonia, who bears the Circle rune has been missing for centuries. The people are not even sure if hes still alive within his castle.

I know the circle rune allows the bearer great power at first, but as time goes on it starts to lead to corruption and decay. Thus a full circle from nothing to everything and back once again to nothing.

This could then imply a large synapsis of what is going on in the suikoden world. Which the last game being nothing more than the final collapse of the Harmonian Empire.

I have often thought it would be fairly interesting if the last game took place and you were the leader of Harmonian empire, only a child and you didnt even know who you were. As the game goes on you come to realized who you were and what you did, and try to destroy it.

Thus a very interesting plot line.
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

How'd you end up knowing that part of the Circle Rune? So far, much of it is unknown.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I don't understand why the leader of Harmonia would only be a child, True Runes stop the aging process but usually after around mid/late teens or if you're older than that, whatever age you were when you acquired it would be how you would look.

Also that would imply that Hikusaak was a young child when he defeated the Kingdom of Aronia, which really isn't likely. However flashbacks of Hikusaak as a young child would be interesting to show what happened to make him grow up to be the person who overthrew Aronia and created Harmonia.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.