Next New Race!?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ninjalizer

Re: Next New Race!?

Post by Ninjalizer »

Yeah Centaurs or Minotaurs would be nice. Something from the ol mythology era. I'm kinda tired of seeing weak non-human races in the series. Beavers, Dogs, Cats, Ducks, etc. (the Lizards were an exception). Something strong would be nice for a change.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Not to mention Centuars can use MAGIC and Bows really well, as well as close range weapons. The designers would have a lto to work with.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Centaurs are awesome, and I can see them fitting in with the human vs non-human cenario but for some reason I don't feel like they should go into a Suikoden game...but yeah Minotaurs are pretty cool and great with magic (I've heard they're good with bows, but always thought of them as more of an axe person), so they could fit in with a Suikoden game...
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Well we had some new races with Tierkreis come out. Porpos-kin, Austere Folk, Beastmen. Some of us were pretty close, heh.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Lol Centaurs. :mrgreen:

I think Suikoden's pretty known for incorporating outrageously unique individuals and races that distinguish it from other RPGs. It's good for them to stick some wingers and beavers in there. Lizards....I definitely want to see a comeback of the Lizards. Their strength must be demonstrated at full force....maybe on the enemy side this time.

I want monkeys or raccoons, too! And maybe throw in some lycanthropes!
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I think we need a race of Sea Cucumbers.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Vextor wrote:I think we need a race of Sea Cucumbers.
Lmao, now that you mentioned it. Those sea cucumbers could be like, the next Mukumukus of the Suiko world.

Kinda cute when you imagine one wearing board shorts and snorkels...with a crazyass trident.

Hey babycakes ;D
*Liu*

Post by *Liu* »

I like the ideia of a race of monkeys with good speed atributes. A village of monkeys governed by the King Kong.. haha
Sorry for my bad english people....
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

hahahhahhaha sea cucumbers! i love it, centaurs and minotaurs would be amazing, i do love how suikoden brings us the most unique races, but instead of creating a whole new race, why not bring back some of them, i want to use some mermaids!!! and i love the wingers and lizards! i loved how they made gau a bad ass kobold in III, they need to make more of them like that, instead of making them dorky or wimpy looking, like the ducks, beavers, and nay kobolds :/
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

We could also have a troop of those Nariqua girls, enemies that appear on SIII and SV. I think they're cool.

I loved the centaur idea, tritons could be great too.

I forgot to mention that Harpies would be awesome too.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

*Liu* wrote:I like the ideia of a race of monkeys with good speed atributes. A village of monkeys governed by the King Kong.. haha
Haha, we could have something like, Monkeys armed with beating sticks.

Hey babycakes ;D
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

One of the royal guards could basically have an extending staff, or all of them could. A race-specific class of weapons!
Formerly known as: Gothann
Caoking

Post by Caoking »

I believe they should make a race loosely based on a Rhino or maybe a goblin type race :twisted:

Rhino Race Name: Dactyla

Agressive and Powerfull but slow race.

Goblin Race Name: Goblin or some other name :?:
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

wow rhino and goblin race are awesome ideas, i could actually see those fitting into the suikoden world, very different! :)
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Doesn't matter much to me. All the non-humans have been weak compared to humans, they're all just gimmicks. If they wanna make them worthwhile...sure. But yeah you also forgot wingers.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus