Next New Race!?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Gen. Dirge

Re: Next New Race!?

Post by Gen. Dirge »

All your suggestions are getting a lot more interesting than ever. Carry on!!!! :D
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I wanna see Mukamuka's hometown...
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Mikain Clan King

EternalOnslaught wrote:Maybe it won't be a race based on animals, it could simply be an entirely made up race, or some kind of tribal or cult organization. I could see that happening in the Suikoden world.

Perhaps it could be a race of Manatees! Who's sole purpose is to protect the seas! :)
And something humans do inturupts the natural balance of the sea and we get blamed for it....
Also I'd love to see kobolds again, with a decendant of Ridley or Gengen or Gabocha...more of Jeane's race would spice things up...and yeah more Sindar, even though we already have one.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Mikain Clan King wrote:
EternalOnslaught wrote:Maybe it won't be a race based on animals, it could simply be an entirely made up race, or some kind of tribal or cult organization. I could see that happening in the Suikoden world.

Perhaps it could be a race of Manatees! Who's sole purpose is to protect the seas! :)
And something humans do inturupts the natural balance of the sea and we get blamed for it....
Also I'd love to see kobolds again, with a decendant of Ridley or Gengen or Gabocha...more of Jeane's race would spice things up...and yeah more Sindar, even though we already have one.

Sindar is the spice of [a Scholar's] life......

Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

This may be off topic, but I'd like to see them visite Viki's world, her peopel are not human right?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Chaco wrote:This may be off topic, but I'd like to see them visite Viki's world, her peopel are not human right?
I thought she was human, just had the blinking rune....maybe there is a blinking rune race?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Maybe this was stated already...

Frogs would make a perfect race for both noble and perhaps comedic purposes.

My knowledge of frog involvement goes back to the SNES with Glen from Chrono Trigger and from Breath of Fire's frog kingdom.

We were never really able to see the lake serpent of Ceres's home territory as well as the Turtle's.

I remember from the Suikoden 3 "perhaps to be draw outs and concepts" that perhaps there would be a Kobald nation in the Grasslands and there was supposed to be a character stated as being a "Giant". To back the giant race statement as well there was a statement in the Suikoden 3 manga by that kung fu mercenarie that there was something "like a Giant", perhaps making it possible as well.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I thought she was human, just had the blinking rune....maybe there is a blinking rune race?
I hope so imagine a hole RACE OF VIKIS!!! :shock:
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Oh and I'd like to a vampire village, pure vampires, not wingers...

( My 100th post! )
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Mikain Clan King wrote:Oh and I'd like to a vampire village, pure vampires, not wingers...

( My 100th post! )
Yeeey for more vampires, buddy. Then....that means....*gulp*.....more pretty boys.......and an ugly dude, I guess....

(And congrats on the 100th post)

Hey babycakes ;D
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I like the idea of centaurs, I prefer Greek/Roman mythology being intergrated rather than creating a new race with little purpose in doing so. Centaurs would be awesome. There could be different breeds of centaur, pro-human, anti-human and neutral centaurs etc.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Thats a good idea, I was actually surprised there were no centuars in the series especially since they took other races and creatures from Mythology like the Kobolds and other mystical creatures. Also in SIII since they had Lizard people aka Reptilians or Reptoids which ofcourse were humanoid is also part of Ancient Mythology such as the Annunaki.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

okey i know this sounds weird but i have a godson who loves a kidshow called franklin.. a turtle that walks and talks like humans wouldent that be fun to se in an suikoden war battle?
Suikoden is not just agame it is a way of life
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Good idea, a turtle wouldnt be a bad addition to the series as theres also lots of other simuliar creatures such as Ducks, Beavers and what not. And just like them they'd be suitable in the water instead of on land during major war battles and I doubt SV and SIV are the only ones in the series that would have ocean battles.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I like the idea of centaurs, I prefer Greek/Roman mythology being intergrated rather than creating a new race with little purpose in doing so. Centaurs would be awesome. There could be different breeds of centaur, pro-human, anti-human and neutral centaurs etc.
I agree 100%. I have always wished for Centuars in the series, they would work so well with the whole human vs non-human scenerio.
-Chaco