Nether gate making another prominent role in the next suiko

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Felenan Prince

Nether gate making another prominent role in the next suiko

Post by Felenan Prince »

hmm well i just read the book about nether gate and I was wondering will they still play a major role in the next installment? The book said there were still 2 other nether gate leader not accounted for
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Maybe they already have. SV takes place before the others (except 4) so it may be that these missing leaders started a new group like the Kage or one of the other Ninja groups we've seen.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Windspun_Monkey wrote:Maybe they already have. SV takes place before the others (except 4) so it may be that these missing leaders started a new group like the Kage or one of the other Ninja groups we've seen.
I doubt Hamlet was created by Nether Gate unless the founder suddenly became benevolent but the possibility exists. If Nether Gate would begin to work for anyone then id't be Harmonia.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Two of their prominent leaders fled to Nagarea. I wouldn't be surprised if they now serve that hostile theocracy. Shinatsu's endings mentioned how he headed there after the war to finish some unfinished business.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I still wonder as I said in an earlier Nether Gate thread if Mike is somehow affiliated with them from Suikoden III.

I mean, Nether Gate isn't like many assassin groups, where they have ninjas outright. Dolph looks nothing like an assassin for example. For that matter nor does Mike. Nether Gate seems to be effective at having their assassins look like normal people.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Desides

Post by Desides »

Rivera wrote:I mean, Nether Gate isn't like many assassin groups, where they have ninjas outright. Dolph looks nothing like an assassin for example. For that matter nor does Mike. Nether Gate seems to be effective at having their assassins look like normal people.
Er... what? Since when were assassins required to look like ninjas, or even be ninjas? Dolph not looking like or being a ninja is the entire point.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Desides wrote:
Rivera wrote:I mean, Nether Gate isn't like many assassin groups, where they have ninjas outright. Dolph looks nothing like an assassin for example. For that matter nor does Mike. Nether Gate seems to be effective at having their assassins look like normal people.
Er... what? Since when were assassins required to look like ninjas, or even be ninjas? Dolph not looking like or being a ninja is the entire point.
I think thats her point...
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Actually Dolph is what I consider the best kind of Assassin, he's a "Grey Man" totally unremarkable if you bumped into him on a market street, you'd forget you ever saw him. Could we say the same for the flamboyant Childreich who would soon become remarked in Taverns all over?

Dolph is is dressed to HIDE the fact that he is an Assassin, unlike those drones that are constantly thrown at you. No an Assassin doesn't need to look like a Ninja, in fact the better ones usualy don't. The better ones usualy look like your average joe and blend in far better then some dude dressed from head to toe in black or some ludicrously bright color such as Red, I mean talk about cliche.

Edit: Also we don't know that Mike is an Assassin, we in fact know very little about him. Only that he's mysterious and good at lying.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It really depends on where the game takes place whether or not the two primary assassin guilds would show up (the HVG and Nether Gate). It it takes place somewhere on the northern continent or nearby, the HVG would probably be the ones to show up, if either one of them show up of course. Armes seems likely to receive a sequel, and if it actually did, Nether Gate folks may show up. If it's after V though, there may not be a whole big group of Nether Gate members left though.
Night

Post by Night »

ShardStar wrote:Dolph is is dressed to HIDE the fact that he is an Assassin, unlike those drones that are constantly thrown at you. No an Assassin doesn't need to look like a Ninja, in fact the better ones usualy don't. The better ones usualy look like your average joe and blend in far better then some dude dressed from head to toe in black or some ludicrously bright color such as Red, I mean talk about cliche.
I think the important thing is that an assassin doesn't even need to be a ninja. They can be completely unrelated professions.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Crowley_The_Great

Post by Crowley_The_Great »

I really like the idea of Mike possibly being in Nether Gate it never really crossed my mind until reading it here. Plus to add to the comment about the location of the next game, it really shouldn't matter, I mean V was in Falena yet the HVG was still there i.e. Cathari. It is highly possible that we've ran into a few members of Nether Gate and not even known it whether they are ninjas or not.
By the 100 runes within me....