Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Airgil

Post by Airgil »

I hope they'll start using again some serious and original special effects; Suikoden 2 'special effects were a way better than Suikoden 4 and 5 's.

Casting a simple The Shredding in SIII was a real satisfaction; casting the most powerful spells in SV was boring, I can't even remember most of them.

Everything else will be fine, I'm sure Konami will do a great work as did till now. I do not care about the protegonist's weapon, the true runes involved and so on, I just know I will love it.

I forgot about the music; I love all the OSTs, but I think that the music from Suikoden I was the most original.
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

I'd like to see them have a Silverburg in it, yet have somebody else who's the main strategist. Like Suikoden III should've been, since Caeser obviously wasn't cut out to be the army's main strategist.

I'd also like to see Viki's abilities be used as part of the story, rather than just as convenience for the player. Granted, there's the risk of her botching, but the strategic value of her power is still obvious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I somewhat disagree with the comment about Caesar. I see no one else fit for the bill as the Fire Bringer's main strategist. He might not be a bitter retired strategists waiting for their doom in some backwater place doing unrelated stuffs, but I see no one else in S3 capable of being in the same position as he did.

Salome was a better strategist, I suppose, given his experience, but he certainly isn't fit for the Tenki seat. But his loyalty still belonged to Chris, not the Fire Bringer.
mercifulevans

Post by mercifulevans »

I'd like to see them have a Silverburg in it, yet have somebody else who's the main strategist.
I'm reluctant to make any guesses about what a development team is thinking, but I really have to agree with the Nagarea idea for a setting. Given that, I think there might even be some potential for a return from V's strategist, or at least hope, since she's my personal favorite (I haven't beaten the game quite yet, so excuse me if that makes no sense to those who have.) I wouldn't mind a Silverburg, but I wonder how many characters from Northern countries could really be expected to show up in a region as strange and possibly xenophobic as Nagarea, if the game were there? More likely the strong new characters from V will make returns.

Nagarea's theocracy brings in some interesting new concepts for villains, too, depending on how the theocracy is cast. Throwing religion into the mix could heat things up a little.

Someone a while back made a comment that they didn't understand complaints with the graphics of V. Having played most of it, I beg to differ. The fixed isometric view might be nice in a sentimental, nostalgic way, but I find it terribly dull after one or two cities. The castle in V was very cool in design, but a pain to explore. In future headquarters and dungeons, I'd love (just dreaming here) to see environments as cinematic and beautiful as in games like Shadow of the Colossus, so that I can see all the way from the bottom of the castle to the top if I rotate the camera. THAT would be nice, but that's not serious speculation, just wishful thinking.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

Kanakan seems like a good posibility for the setting of the next game, i know a lot of people say its to small but we don't really know the exact size of it and Konami is always expanding the Suiko world.

Its been mentioned since S2 and the man who trained everyone with the Falcon Rune (except Kika...probally) resides there.
Also quite a few of the endings of people say that there headed for Kanakan and theres a good chance there are some Sinder ruins there as Killey goes searching for them.
Riou343

Post by Riou343 »

Something good to get rid of would be the sea of endless black outside of the buildings in Suikoden V, the first two at least had visible ground. The Shodow of Collosus view sounds great with graphicas as seemless as the FFXIII trailer. More romance can only ad to a story. And i thought the idea of a truly customizible HQ sounded great. And i believe the games will occur on the Southern continent, because if you jumped to a new place again we would all want to know what happened to the Suikoden V characters. But thats just me.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I doubt Konami will put all that into a Suikoden game, the game just doesn't sell well enough to justify those kind of graphics, albiet if they did that would be awsome.
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

patapi wrote:I somewhat disagree with the comment about Caesar. I see no one else fit for the bill as the Fire Bringer's main strategist. He might not be a bitter retired strategists waiting for their doom in some backwater place doing unrelated stuffs, but I see no one else in S3 capable of being in the same position as he did.

Salome was a better strategist, I suppose, given his experience, but he certainly isn't fit for the Tenki seat. But his loyalty still belonged to Chris, not the Fire Bringer.
I can understand why Salome, being a Zexen Knight rather than a neutral outsider, wouldn't work as the main strategist for the entire Grassland/Zexen coallition. But as for other strategists...for one thing, Apple should be a much better strategist at 32 than she was at 17.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Falenan_descent wrote:For the next suikoden, Im hoping for a better musical score. I loved the music in Suikoden II. It really made your heart race at times and at other times help you shed a tear =P

Suikoden III wasn't that bad.
Suikoden IV's music sucked.
Suikoden V was almost there =p
I agree with you 100% Suikoden II music was wonderful. And V's music was almost there, they had a few remixes there from Suikoden II But better music would be nice.

It would also nice to see some returning characters, This is one of the greatest reasons why I loved Suikoden, seeing fimilar faces. Seeing Killey and Lorelai that made me happy to see fimilar faces. I mean don't get me wrong new characters are great and all. But a few fimilar faces there and there are always great to see and look at them all PS2/PS3 graphic like =P. And see what they are like and etc.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden III wasn't that bad.
Suikoden IV's music sucked.
III had scores? I could've sworn that most of the scenes had no background music whatsoever. IV's scores are definitely NOT worse than complete silence.
Red XIV wrote:I can understand why Salome, being a Zexen Knight rather than a neutral outsider, wouldn't work as the main strategist for the entire Grassland/Zexen coallition. But as for other strategists...for one thing, Apple should be a much better strategist at 32 than she was at 17.
Exactly. That's why she was acting in the capacity as his mentor.
Georg P.

Post by Georg P. »

Hi, i am new here :) big fan of the series (played each one) 8)

Some obvious things i would love to see in 6:

- Hero speaking: i just don't get this, why can't he speak? if its because the player chooses the name, so what? it shouldn't effect that he speaks because other charectors call him in the game, and they have manage to find a solution for that (by calling him "the prince" or "him", as we have seen in Suiko 5)

- Loved the training feature in Suiko 4, would have been nice if it stayed in 5.

- Game length: i enjoyed the 70 odd hours of 5, but i would have preferred some more plot related aspects/scenes/side stories then some of the very long areas in the game, especially with the enemy appearance rate and long loading time :evil:
deakka

Post by deakka »

A couple things i'd like to see

- A Tenkai star that is not a 13-17 year old male

- Better enemy AI, so you still face a challenge even if you pimp out your characters with the best melee/mage runes possible

- A mix between II and V's war system, both have good points, much more enjoyable than III's, at least to me.

- More information on (Roundier) Haia, his school, and where he keeps the chest full of falcon runes that he hands out to all his (mostly) female students. Since the falcon rune is pretty rare...not too rare though, it would be nice to see an explanation on where the hell this old fart is getting all those runes

- Having the rune system expand to include possibly legs/chest/back runes, although i'm not holding my breath

- More player/AI interaction. I was thinking of the Valeria/Kasumi choice on a much deeper level. Possibly expand the character pool higher than usual (still keeping 108 max recruits though), and different characters chosen will give you a slightly different story arc, and lead to different possible recruits. Thus, leading to more total endings for the players to see. Would increase replay value ten fold methinks, if they throw enough storyline behind the Tenkai's choices.
Georg P.

Post by Georg P. »

deakka wrote:A couple things i'd like to see

- A Tenkai star that is not a 13-17 year old male

- Better enemy AI, so you still face a challenge even if you pimp out your characters with the best melee/mage runes possible

- A mix between II and V's war system, both have good points, much more enjoyable than III's, at least to me.

Agree on all 3! especially the third. The war systems can really be something that makes the game special, and i liked the ones in 2 and 5 the most (the one in 4 was the worst IMO).

Perhaps Konami don't want to make them more involving not to become a) more complicated/harder, b) distract from the game? (it seems they want things on the easy side anyway)
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

You know theres one thing in a game i wish they would do but i think its practically impossible to do in any game let alone suikoden VI. If any one has Speech on thier computer where you can make it talk or even read stuff for you. Thats what i want in a future suikoden actually saying the heros name no matter what you name him. Wonder how hard it would be to do that though.....
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

It would be rather problematic, particularly in English. The way we pronounce certain letters differ in useage. It's one of the reasons why voice software has had limited success.

In Japanese this would be only slightly less annoying since there is usually only one way of saying a word. On a programming side it would be annoying to designate the on and kun readings for each character. Even more annoying would be any names that use kanji as they don't always use the expected name. Of course since most video game characters have names in katakana as well as any exotic locations or imported words, it is a little less troublesome than to do it in English.

Of course I would just like the hero to speak when you choose what is said. Everyone else speaks, why not the main character? Heck they had to tire an actor just to do the battle voices in the past 2 games... why not give them some dialogue to boot.