Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

Post by Wraith »

I think its time for a speculation thread. However I don't want to see any fanfiction or unjustified theorys or this thread will get locked.

What I would like to see disscussed here are things such as the usual stuff but also don't forget about the techinical stuff sucha s the developpers team and so on. Talk about returning characters is just silly since there are seperate threads for that and it depends on timeline and region(exept for Jeane and Viki).

(I'l contribute on this post in a minute or two)
killbot1000

Post by killbot1000 »

They definately got a lot of things right in suikoden V, if they can take that as an example and tighten it up a bit, make it more polished, then VI would be absolutely phenomonal, they should definately get the same writing team because V had it all right in story. I just hope konami will make a suikoden VI, thats why i hope V does well? What are all of your guys's thoughts?
EDIT by Red Killy: Please read the rules regarding Avatar. Removed due to breaching the rules.
life_isnt_true

Post by life_isnt_true »

i agree, however i have noticed some minor glitchs in my suikoden V game. like if you run by the save point in raftfleet it will go a little slower, like a weird slow motion thing, and also if you watch as the boat takes you from place to place the white wave lines will show up inside the ship, and also i was going from stormfist to hoomebase and the whole front became covered in water for a second.....and with the birds that fly away when your walking look like they have their wings out to fly away before you even get to them, and i didnt like how you couldnt control the camra, and it is kinda tricky to try and get the 108 stars, however if you have noticed in 3 you could get them whenever(i liked that) and in 4 their were some points you were you couldnt go back and get them and in 5 when you get the idea if you have played it. ilove what they did to the water too.

i might be going of subject with all that>.<

but ifeel that they should add a few things to the game in playing wise....(exaples-WHERE ARE THE BATHROOMS!!!!, were do you keep you so called army"not the 108", and why doesnt it ever rain???)

ack i think i did it again >.<

i just hope 6 will have as a great story line as 5. their were a few parts i didnt like but overall it was great.....

although i didnt really understand the skills in 5, i thought 3 made more sence,

also lets hope they dont go overboard with moster battles and cut sence like they did in 4, and not have enough cut sences in 5, and then have no vocie cut sence like in 3

i hope that they have as good as vocie actors as they did in 4 that was kinda cool. because some of the vocies in5 sound like tother people in the game which is no fun

so lets hope they get 6 SUPER PERFECT....that is if there will be a 6.....

peaple say i talk to much >.<

oh and one more thing WHATS WITH THE WEIRD LOOKING DOGS IN SUIKO 5????????? (example: the one out side the inn at the home base)
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

For Suikoden 6 they should set it in a place that hasnt been talked about in the previous games. It will make it more fresh and innovative not knowing where the game will take place.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

Pah everyone here is thinking in storyline terms. Don't forget the next iteration will be on the ps3. That leaves LOTS of room for improvement.

1. The HQ. Have day and night occur as according to your systems internal clock. Also utilize the power of the ps3 to have the stars in the castle actually move around to different rooms on their own. This means you actually have to look for them in your HQ they arent set in one spot. Much like a real person.

2. Cross continent travelling. I would like to see the scope of the game be absolutly huge. This could be accomplished through a more open ended world map like DQVIII's. I no longer want to see someone getting on a boat and magically appearing on Nirva Island a second later Give us the power to experience these long voyages. (Viki will still be around for insta-port)

3. Have your party members working on a HQ/ have a customizable HQ for each person playing the game. Perhaps you could utilize the stars to create the buildings. No more insta-shops at least allow for a construction period.

4. Small things. You know, the type of thing that will really make you say wow they paid attention to detail.

Basically I advocate an HQ thats more of a city/ actual military lodging.... something more lifelike. Let's face it folks in the coming era storyline alone won't drive a game. It may for some, but if a game looks like crap some people will be turned off at the game. Suikoden will have to come to terms with the next-generation or it may fall by the way-side. Theres a reason why people are throwing down for HDTV's for the next gen... and it's not for the storyline.

If Suikoden can integrate story and graphical prowess I believe that this series will be something special. They have 108 SOD's to work with! Imagine the implications of this people, it can truly be something beautiful. 108 lifelike personalities who act like people.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

TACTICAL BATTLES:
I would like it if they made the Tactical battles similar to Suikoden Tactics but instead of HP you had Soldiers. The "General" could have a couple of abilities like in Suikoden 5's tactical battles and certain units could be land based while others would be water based. I also think some generic units would be a good idea like they had in Suikoden 3. I don't think every unit needs a general commanding it. I thought the battle system in Tactics was pretty sweet.

NORMAL BATTLES:
Suikoden 5 was a return to the right battle system. I loved the added formations. I think this should continue and they can just add a few more formations The enterouge was also a sweet addition.

SKILLS:
I beleive Suikoden 5 finally got the skill system down. The "Epics" we sweet and I don't really have any suggestions to improve the system off the top of my head.

RUNES:
I was pumped to see the return of a lot of the old runes. I would like to see the darkness rune again but that was one of the only major ones missing in my opinion. I like the new Rune unite system, although some of the combos were a little weak. I was dissapointed with the Cyclone rune in this installment though.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

- loading time for normal battle will short enough
- more minigames! better if u must play it in mission progressing, like the V, how nice if baska mine ride is minigame, lyon said it's fun, but we couldn't taste it....
- 3 slots for equip skills... instead of 2
- better camera, or else just make those building transparent when u walk behind.
- more themes, mean not only concern on war, erm... more love story for main character? since suikoden now mainly using family and friends as themes.
- better developement for headquarters, like, u can build garden or fountains?
- more nice scenery... since most towns design in suikoden v... not so impressive...
- another splendid storyline of course
just my 2 cents = )
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

For ideas on headquarters stuff they should cheack out Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast and Gamecube. This game really reminded me of alot of the things I liked about that one, which really got me into it. Now I want to play the older Suikos. I wish SoA had a sequel!

Er, back on Topic. Definatly keep coming out with great stories.

A few more voiced cutscenes would be cool but not MGS amounts.

I loved the dialogue choices, there were more in this than in Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls series is supposed to be famous for open endedness,(YAY I can go anywhere I want and kill anyone I want! Well I could in Morrowind. Now I can't even do that, and I didn't even like that aspect of the freedom)and they actually mattered. I can't believe this console style CRPG allows more roleplaying than an elderscrolls game!

Um, sorry again. Oh! I know! Rune Sets!!! Like the Dawn/Twilight/Sun Runes! That would be awesome!

I agree about the camera thing, especially with the PS3

Pirates! Pirates are like chocolate, but more violent and foul smelling. Other than that they make everything better! Along with pirates of course we need the sea, I hear S4 did a really bad job with it but the ocean just kicks um, something I'm allowed to say on this forum! So I'm sure they can get it right.

Less loading is always nice though I got used to it in 5.

Extra terrestrials, if done right could be cool too, but it would be really hard to do it right without ruining the atmosphere so this is just a pipe dream.

Full 3d real time tactical battle that don't move your camera every time you get into a skirmish(if it's on PS3).

More choices! I love the directed non linear aproach S5 has. Did I already say that?

And last but not least more Lu! :P "Dink dink dink!"
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
Zadiel

Post by Zadiel »

Ya they got it right this time :D

Fix the loading time, maybe clean up the graphics just a bit, but keep the look of the game as it is. Characters dont have to be huge or extremely detailed while on a world map or walking around, just make them clean looking.

The battle system is hardcore, perfect in every way.

Fix up the war system a little, like make it turn based like in a strategy rpg.

Other than that they had it almost nailed this time. This is the first rpg Ive played in like four years that I actually enjoy playing. Each moment is pure candy in my mouth, sweet and delicisious.
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

I agree as far as the graphics polishing, maybe more detailed characters while on the map. (Maybe they are detailed and I'm just being picky.)
Plus any camera control at all...
This might be going off topic as well but seriously wrap up some of the bigger plots that are left unfinished. Ex: Pesmerga. I know that there are so many plots that are still not completed but some of the bigger and fan favorites need to be shed on a bit.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I agree, I want to see Pesmerga in Suikoden 5... so all the fanboys will be quiet! Why he is so well-loved is beyond me, he's barely been shown so far... I just want him (and Yuber) in the game to satisfy the rabid fans. (So they'll shuddap about him.)
Purr.
nausicaa1982

Post by nausicaa1982 »

I've seen a lot of comments beefing the graphics in SV. I think they looked great, obviously better than the first 2, and infinitely better than SIII. What's the problem with the graphics?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't think the graphics are too bad, but Suikoden has always been terrible at showing fluid motion correctly; there's always a pause or some awkward space between the person and what he/she's supposed to be touching. It's distracting.

Suikoden VI, who knows? I've been writing many things in my "Suikoden journal" (like, a real journal, not my LJ or anything like that) lately, and something I've been thinking about a lot is how to correctly implement sorcery. Sarah, being the first person that you could control that was a sorceress, had so much potential, and they just let it go to waste. Whatever runes are in your inventory, she should've been able to use with ease. That'd be nice, and wouldn't exactly make the game any less challenging (Fury, Double-edged, etc. do that for us).
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

True, but most people don't play suikoden for the graphics [ I don't, altho there is a minimum level required not to totally ruin the gameplay...but as Suiko1 and 2 show, that minimum level, if done right, can be amazingly basic ]

we play it for the amazing story and indepth character development.

I do, atleast.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I wasn't really complaning about the graphics themselves, but how awkward the characters' motions are. Two-dimensional graphics were much better in this regard.