Images of new features in Suikoden I+II port on the PSP

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Basel

Images of new features in Suikoden I+II port on the PSP

Post by Basel »

I am sorry if this is not the right forum to post this topic in but I do not know where to post it.
The images below show some features of the Suikoden I+II port on the PSP. The images are 55KB in size with 720x480 resolution.

Suikoden I+II port features: 01 - 02 - 03 - 04 - 05 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 09
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

A Gallery feature? How predictable.

Nonetheless, I moved the topic to the Future Suikoden section. Seems to better fit this section, compared to V's.
Buff

Post by Buff »

cool,looks like you get some media for it.hope this will come to the us,they would if they like to make a lot of money.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

This game would be the reason i would buy a psp.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Too bad it isn't slated for a NA or PAL release.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

A Gallery feature? How predictable.
Yeah well, that was announced a while ago you know.

Movie Gallery, Event Gallery and art. Movie Gallery supposed to include the Saturn Opening at least.
they would if they like to make a lot of money.
I guess we can't argue with your expert opinion. :roll:
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow. they look pretty cool. I hope it comes out for psp in america. Suikoden on the go 8) . They should have some extra add-ons for the psp
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

From the Wikipedia entry for this particular compilation:
It has been recently rumoured that the two games will likely not be released on PSP in North America. Most likely to blame would be SCEA, who require at least a 30% addition of new content to all PSP software, as to combat critics who believed the PSP would become simply a portable PlayStation.
So, unless Konami adds 30% more content, it simply won't come over here. Consider it stupid, consider it whatever you want, that's just how it works.
Night

Post by Night »

Jowy Atreides wrote:From the Wikipedia entry for this particular compilation:
It has been recently rumoured that the two games will likely not be released on PSP in North America. Most likely to blame would be SCEA, who require at least a 30% addition of new content to all PSP software, as to combat critics who believed the PSP would become simply a portable PlayStation.
So, unless Konami adds 30% more content, it simply won't come over here. Consider it stupid, consider it whatever you want, that's just how it works.
I thought I'd heard somewhere that this was an urban myth, but a quick Google hasn't been able to find me anything either way. Probably the 30% aspect is wrong (because, what IS 30% of a game?), but it's likely that Sony does require there to be some differentiation between the original game and the port. Saying that, THUG2 Remix got away with having like one extra level, and I'm not sure how much has been changed for Tales of Eternia (having not played the original).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The 30 % thing is pure bullshit. Anyone can change an entry in wikipedia.

Sony has put restrictions on games, older generation games needing to be bundled, some games have gotten the axe cause they didn't meet SCEA "graphics standards" (a Mystical Ninja game by Konami was axed for that reason) but it has never had a "30% new content" policy.

Mainly cause it would be even more retarded than their current policies as there's no way to measure that. 30% more text? Let's just add an extra "." to all dialouges and you'd be done. 30% larger map? How about if we just take out "II" from the title and call it Suikoden, that should mean there's 200% new content since there's a whole extra game there! >_>

The person that came up with the 30% thing is even dumber than the guys that translated Suikoden II and that's saying a lot. If you're going to lie at least make it plausible.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

gosh, the whole "gallery" thing has always been lame. why not a new dungeon or two? that would be cool. or some non-star recruitable characters.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

nah..it would be cool to have the saturn differences of suikoden 1 in it.. the thing with toran lake pirates kidnapping someone and Eikei's Battle Arena..
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Leon Silverberg wrote:nah..it would be cool to have the saturn differences of suikoden 1 in it.. the thing with toran lake pirates kidnapping someone and Eikei's Battle Arena..
okay, that does sound cool. i thought the only difference in the saturn version was the opening. i'd settle for that.
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

If any of this is even vagluey true? :? Sony Europe dont seem to work by this as we just launched Breathe of fire 3 which is a complete relaunch!!
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

there is still no planned us/pal release of suiko 1 & 2 for psp