Romance arc

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think that a Teen Romance would be interesting for a Suikoden game, for example the Toran Liberation War lasted 3 years, now imagine how a relationship between young teens would grow and change within them 3 years from a couple which generally haven't matured, to a couple who have been through a lot together but end up happy together at the end with the lessons they've learned.

Times change, people change, relationships change. There's no way that relationships and characters stagnate, we're constantly evolving every single day, even if its just here and there. A good example in Suikoden would be Flik, he used to be hot-headed, but grew to be mature, calm and collected.

If this kind of change could be implemented into a romantic relationship in Suikoden, I think it would work well. Because Konami are great at making wonderful Suikoden characters, so this would work well.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Ushiku the way you put it would make me now want to play a romance suikoden game if konami really didnt make it too korny or irrelevant to the plot.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Koredju

Post by Koredju »

We had a romance between Barbarossa and windy, even if that's not the main story. We had the thing between Flik and Odessa, we had the Jowy/jillia thnig and the Flik/nina story too, we had Kirkis and his girlfriend (forgot the names) Luc/sera in suikoden 3 and more stories like this in suiko5 (i won't say anything about it.) The hero in suikoden can't fall or explore his romance in the game because he don't have time or spirit for this. There are battles where people dies and a leader must be in the war completely to guide his people, the romance thing is for other stars i'll say ^^
Lurker1

Post by Lurker1 »

The first fire bringer war would make an interesting romance it could have a huge impact on why he lost control of the true fire rune.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Oh yeah lurker that is a great idea. The flame champion who would rather be with this true love and die than live forever without her. That is perfect because that is the pure defintion of true love.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

umm
thre this topic...
[TRUE RUNE]possibility
it under suikoden V plot setting section...
then go to page 6 of it and ther a story written by me..i tot it culd be good for suiko 6
ShE GavE mE HopE AnD LovE,
EverythinG WaS ForeveR....
ShE IntenD FoR A BreaK-uP,
i WaS HeartBrokeN,DevastateD.
mY LovE Is No LongeR,OnlY HatreD...
DarKnesS iS My OnlY FriendS,
LighT iS MakinG mE MiserablE
Again,AlL iS ForeveR....
Mystina

Post by Mystina »

yes i want some romance but not over romance
it will be nice i guss
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Most of the games have had romance, it's just that it's taken a backseat to the game's plot and the war storyline, and not BECOME the game's plot. This, I think, is good... like others have said, we don't need FFX over again.

There is something I wish I could talk about, but alas, it includes spoilers. :(
Purr.