Bring back original cast~formerly:hope and another question

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

my belief is that redeyesblind has a wonderful point. Many people immediately throw away the notion of former leaders/allies from prior games. But their lives do not stop there, it would be interesting to see them in a new light with more experiences. I personally would love to see lazlo, not just for the reason of his rune, but for the massive time period he has been alive. It makes you wonder if he has been in the background this whole time, or behind unexplained events in the suikoden timeline. Bringing back the old characters would not just be the fan boys wet dream, but rather critical to the timeline. Not every suikoden can be about bringing up a new nation with its own cultures. I would love to see older nations "interact".
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

This topic has actually been done before. Instead of discussing who we'd LIKE to see back, how about discussing who would actually be able to come back in a plausible way?
Purr.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow. that would be cool if they did make an appearance in another game. Hopefully they will even talk and they will look even cooler with the graphics, even though they already look cool in suikoden 1 and 2
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

Plausible characters returning, hmmm.
Tir Mcdohl is i think doubtful, at the end of SII he seemed to have settled down with Gremio and friends in Gregminster, although there always is the possiblity that he could get restless and travel and be caught up in events, plus.....Windy is still M.I.A.

Riou is a distinct possibilty, we never did see the True rune of beginning, only its two halfs plus we know that he is traveling abroad with Nanami and Jowy.

Hugo and Chris seem more then doubtful, unless maybe the game has something to do with the Nameless lands or Camaro, they just have to many responsiblities to get up and run around for the hell of it.
Geddoe could be in a future one, he has lived for a long time and might get tired of being a mercenary for Harmonia.
Personally i'd like to see him return in a future game, not as a main character but an important character and later in the game he dies and someone else gets his true rune (not main character in game, but someone else).

Lazlo i would like to see return in one, he must have changed quite a bit in a 150 years, all his friends are gone he could be a fairly bitter person after all this time especially knowing that if he ever got rid of that rune of his or died then it would go back to its atonement phase all over again, killing who knows how many people in the process before someone mastered it again.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I'm sure that we'll see many old characters again especially the True Rune bearers, but its also important to create new characters and develop their stories, that's one of the best parts of a new Suikoden game seeing who's returning and who's new.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

I'd like to see Luc again, weirdly enough, if we ever do another Suikoden that takes place prior to III.

As for Lazlo, I dunno. . .Didn't. . .he. . .?

Hero!V in an older form could be amusing.

But who I really want to see return? Pesmerga! I mean, whatever happened to that guy? And bring back Yuber too, while you're at it, right? But I am particularly curious about Pes.
"And you shall wake, from country sleep, this dawn and each first dawn,
Your faith as deathless as the outcry of the ruled sun.
"
Dylan Thomas
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Psi Yamaneko wrote:As for Lazlo, I dunno. . .Didn't. . .he. . .?
If your next word was gonna be "die" then no. He's still alive and well by the end of Tactics.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Psi Yamaneko wrote: But who I really want to see return? Pesmerga! I mean, whatever happened to that guy? And bring back Yuber too, while you're at it, right? But I am particularly curious about Pes.
Ah, they'll be back. They have to be for the series to end.

I'm kind of itching to learn more about Pesmerga myself, but mostly I just want to shut the fanboys up and eliminate the 69387698368935 theories about Pes and Yuber.
Purr.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Pollensalta wrote:
Psi Yamaneko wrote: But who I really want to see return? Pesmerga! I mean, whatever happened to that guy? And bring back Yuber too, while you're at it, right? But I am particularly curious about Pes.
Ah, they'll be back. They have to be for the series to end.

I'm kind of itching to learn more about Pesmerga myself, but mostly I just want to shut the fanboys up and eliminate the 69387698368935 theories about Pes and Yuber.
Oooh after reading the thread in the other forum I have a new theory:
Yuber stole Pesmerga's chicken, and so he wants to kill him.

Jokes aside, there should be more revealed but gradually, Suikoden 4 is an example of how if something is rushed, the effect isn't as good as fixing the pieces of the jigsaw together bit by bit, Suikoden 4 played more like a narrative, there wasn't much room for discovery and interpretation aside from the is Lazlo an En Kuldes? thing.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Psi Yamaneko wrote:As for Lazlo, I dunno. . .Didn't. . .he. . .?
If your next word was gonna be "die" then no. He's still alive and well by the end of Tactics.
Haven't quite finished Tactics yet. I rather SUCK at it. D: I was wondering about his death, though, since I understood that he backed you with 108 Stars in your IV datafile. Chronologically that didn't add up to me.
"
Dylan Thomas
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

He never died in either game.
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

I thought he was cast out to sea?

Was I drunk or not paying attention or am I thinking of some other game entirely? :(

(Admittedly I didn't pay much attention to the end of IV. . .I wasn't a big fan of IV. It wasn't a bad game, it just didn't grab me plotwise like the other ones have)
"
Dylan Thomas
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If you got less than 108 stars he was on the boat but didn't wake up. If you got all 108 stars he woke up and waved at a ship as it sailed by. Theoretically they rescued him.
Psi Yamaneko

Post by Psi Yamaneko »

Ahaha! That would be it, then.
"
Dylan Thomas
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

I'd love to see Lazlo (if S6 will be after the S3) and how he dresses himself...

And probably I'd love to see what happens to the Prince of Falena and Lyon so they got separated from Georg...

And probably Tir...not as a SoD but as an extra character like in S2...

And I really want to see Pesmerga and Yuber again...I'm fed up with those theories they had on them...
Karena wanita ingin dimengerti
Lewat tutur lembut dan laku agung
Karena wanita ingin dimengerti
Manjakan dia dengan kasih sayang

ADA Band - Karena Wanita (Ingin Dimengerti)
Didedikasikan untuk seluruh wanita di dunia...