Suikoden movie

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

This wasn't Deomon Century; it wasn't animated. Actually, I believe it was a Hong Kong film. It seems that it was a series of movies that showed different chapters of "The Water Margin." This particular movie I /think/ showed chapters 67-69 of the novel or something. Saw it over a year ago at AWA so I don't remember it all that well.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

cool im going to check it out some time
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

us suiko people must learn how to beat the final fantasy people!! They are in the lead!! stop them stop them!! You have to admit.. Final Fantasy is pretty good though
Nick Bruiser
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think you're a bit off topic there Nemesis, this isn't a thread about Final Fantasy.
Servonut

Post by Servonut »

Fu Su Lu wrote:A ...film?

I still shiver and tremble with horror when I remember some video games that became films. Anybody remember Street Fighter? brrrr...
I do. :roll: It's a shame that movie had to be the last one the late, great Raul Julia starred in. He was a fantastic actor.

As far as a Suikoden movie, I wouldn't want to see Hollywood shred any of the stories we've come to love in the games, though I wouldn't mind seeing an original story based in the Suikoverse.
Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax".
"Tact is just not saying true stuff, I'll pass." - Cordelia Chase
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I will leave all the Suikoden movies to the ones that were already made (water margin, demon century) I wouldn't want, as most of you, an American made, film of Suikoden to be made. I think it would not only destroy my internal organs but I would have to gauge out my eyes. The stories of the games are better off being stories for the games, unless they could make an anime work, which I truely think that after making a manga of III, that they are most likely going to make an anime out of III, kind of like Star Ocean the Second Story, they made a manga out of it, then made Star Ocean EX, sadly it only covers the first disc and they only had audio for the second.