mythological creatures in suikoden

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

mythological creatures in suikoden

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

in the upcoming games of suikodens where do you see konami when it comes to mythological creatures. They've already shown elves, dwarves, vampires, werewolves (to an extent werewolves) mermaids even the sirens. I think that the centaurs would be a good step. Maybe show there aggressive nature as them siding with the enemy and then a sentiamental breakdown and have them join your side. something of that nature I think would work well. what other mythological creatures do you think konami should bring into the series because I don't see them stopping with it. In Suikoden Tactics lets see you had uuummmm yohn I guess you could call her a satyr even though she didn't tute on any flutes I guess you could call her one. And for those of you not big in mythology the Satrys were the ones who were half goat and half human who loved to play music with flutes and recorders.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Wraith

Re: mythological creatures in suikoden

Post by Wraith »

Wicked_Rune_Bearer wrote:in the upcoming games of suikodens where do you see konami when it comes to mythological creatures. They've already shown elves, dwarves, vampires, werewolves (to an extent werewolves) mermaids even the sirens. I think that the centaurs would be a good step. Maybe show there aggressive nature as them siding with the enemy and then a sentiamental breakdown and have them join your side. something of that nature I think would work well. what other mythological creatures do you think konami should bring into the series because I don't see them stopping with it. In Suikoden Tactics lets see you had uuummmm yohn I guess you could call her a satyr even though she didn't tute on any flutes I guess you could call her one. And for those of you not big in mythology the Satrys were the ones who were half goat and half human who loved to play music with flutes and recorders.
They also have Chimera's, Minotaurs,little gnomes and many more. Almost every RPG has some mythological influences.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

dragons, griffins
and centaurs would be interesting
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

well griffins were in 2 and dragons are in the first 3 I mean the ones that join your side.

1st one you had kirkis, sylvina, stallion, and rubi (rubi is also an excellent selection for your party with high magic and attack stats) and they were elves.

2nd one you had bob who held a rune that kept him in human form but if needed be he could show himself has a werewolf then you had stallion again. A unicorn Sigfried, a griffin feather and some other odd water creatures which are non-sod's. Not too mention that both of them have dog's with intelligence but that I don't think it is in mythology nor a group of squirrells.

3rd one you had bright a dragon also had dupa, shiba, bazba, and peggi but I can't recall lizard people in mythology either nor flying locust like rubi. you also have roland another elf. then it has duck people I don't think that's in mythology either.

4th one you have mermaids and that's really about it in 4 besides selma and paula who were also elves.

ST you had yohn who like I said was a satyr (really don't know if that's spelled right) again paula and selma not to mention the new nay-kobolds added to S4 and ST but again no relation to mythology.

See in each one that add something new except in 3 they just got creative so what I was thinking is what is coming up in 5 or others in the works. Like I said centaurs would be a nice step I think it could fit well in the enviroment of suikoden and not look out of place. plus I think it would work well into the story line as well seeing it has centaurs have an agressive nature against humans so starting off the centaurs could be sided with the rival's side and in some way some how they in up your side with 2 or 3 as SoD's. or whatever I mean really I'm pretty sure that whatever they decide to go with will be cool but i don't think I'm too excited with the beaver people in S5 or whatever they are kinda leaning to S3.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

What about fairies and I'd love to see people with wings again like chaco and Sid
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

it would be hard to see a 6 inch fairy as a SoD but maybe a 6 foot one would be cool but chaco and sid wasn't at the least bit fairys in fact I would bet that they eat fairys
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Wicked_Rune_Bearer wrote:it would be hard to see a 6 inch fairy as a SoD but maybe a 6 foot one would be cool but chaco and sid wasn't at the least bit fairys in fact I would bet that they eat fairys
i didnt say they were fairies, i just said I'd love to see people with wings. The fairies they can make them like 1 foot or something and they could have powers that let the grow to regualr size and go back to tiny sizes in which they can accomplish tasks requiring to get through small areas
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Well I wouldn't want it to seem like it was thought of before like that sounds a whole lot like link and the weird cap where he shrinks and stuff and i haven't played it so that would seem used probably.
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

What is Fu Su Lu? from suikoden 1.
Is he a human with a mask?

Edit: Never mind I just found out he's a human with a mask.
Long live Suikoden!
True Sun Rune

Post by True Sun Rune »

If Fu Su Lu is a human with a mask how come he shows up under the "Kobold" attack team in the strat battles of suikoden I with kumonriri (cant think of spelling off the top of my head) and Gon?
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed men by the thousands. Look at me. I am sublime! I am the true face of evil!" - Luca Blight
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Fu Su Lu (Tensatsu Star)
Origin: Unknown
Position: Fighter
Events: Gate Rune Wars
He wears a tiger's mask and wields two axes. He is a very powerful fighter, and he eats a lot as well!

it is a mask, im guessing he is a human who grew up with the kobolds and made a mask to fit in or something.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

pesmerga786 wrote:Fu Su Lu (Tensatsu Star)
Origin: Unknown
Position: Fighter
Events: Gate Rune Wars
He wears a tiger's mask and wields two axes. He is a very powerful fighter, and he eats a lot as well!

it is a mask, im guessing he is a human who grew up with the kobolds and made a mask to fit in or something.
He is very similar to Hallec... dead animal skin hat, massive frame, twin axes, barbaric demenour... It is just that the GS1 graphics couldn't really show that so well. He lives with the Kobolds which is why he was in their attack. I imagine Bob would be part of a Kobold attack too, even though he is quite different.

There are more mythological creatures in Suikoden, you mentioned fairies - well there are pixies and holly fairies... DoReMi elves are another one you could possibly link to external influence though one couldn't really call them mythical creatures.

Minotaurs/Centaurs may be an interesting development for the series, giants and trolls are another direction that could be taken though they all may be enemies at least for a start. Giants have all sorts of issues though, I mean how would they work in battle and such, I guess the Bronzems and such are the closest we got. Also there the monstrous types like Ogres and Cyclops. Gargoyles... Orcs are a big one.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

If a giant were usable in battle, they'd probably take up two spaces like the beast did in Suikoden II due to their size.
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:If a giant were usable in battle, they'd probably take up two spaces like the beast did in Suikoden II due to their size.
ya that would be interesting. Also how In suikoden 3 Hugo and feather would unite and hugo would ride him. They could bring something like that again
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

pesmerga786 wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:If a giant were usable in battle, they'd probably take up two spaces like the beast did in Suikoden II due to their size.
yes that would be interesting. Also how In suikoden 3 Hugo and feather would unite and hugo would ride him. They could bring something like that again
That is actually what I would like to see in S5. Mountable characters such as Feather. The Landdragons(or whatever their name is) could be like that since at least one of them is an SoD.