If Ever we CAN import SIII Save data

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ShardStar

If Ever we CAN import SIII Save data

Post by ShardStar »

I've been thinking that possibly one of the reasons we haven't seen a "present" day Suikoden is that with the end of SIII you have three distinct choices on who is FC. Now with previous games like SI it didn't matter if you killed Kraze or not. However who get's the FC rune I think has a bit more importance then Kraze's fate.

I know they could just say it was Hugo since it's that way in the manga, however when I first played I chose Chris as FC. I would want to see that reflected in the next "present day" Suikoden game that they do. I then wondered how much an effect that chioce that would have on that game since none of them are Tenkai stars and I think any of them could show up. Though I suppose they would be tied to their respective homelands, taking care of them.

Bascialy if they DID show up then they would have to account for that, wouldn't they?
EmOpUnKbOi

Post by EmOpUnKbOi »

yeah, you have a good point. but i don't think we'll ever be able to load our suikoden 3 save data.
so give me all your poison and give me all your pills
and give me all your hopeless thoughts that make me ill
KoyuRedd

Re: If Ever we CAN import SIII Save data

Post by KoyuRedd »

ShardStar wrote:I've been thinking that possibly one of the reasons we haven't seen a "present" day Suikoden is that with the end of SIII you have three distinct choices on who is FC. Now with previous games like SI it didn't matter if you killed Kraze or not. However who get's the FC rune I think has a bit more importance then Kraze's fate.

I know they could just say it was Hugo since it's that way in the manga, however when I first played I chose Chris as FC. I would want to see that reflected in the next "present day" Suikoden game that they do. I then wondered how much an effect that chioce that would have on that game since none of them are Tenkai stars and I think any of them could show up. Though I suppose they would be tied to their respective homelands, taking care of them.

Bascialy if they DID show up then they would have to account for that, wouldn't they?
I think a game after III will have to come with the PS3. Those discs have enough space to make six Suikoden IIIs in them.
[evil laugh here]
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

That's what I was thinking and that perhaps they were waiting to do a Post S3 game with the next gen console came out. To keep everyone saited though they came out with SIV, Rhapsodia and SV in the meantime and fill in the blanks for history for us.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

What I wonder is that whenver there is a sequel after Suiko3, how will it transfer to the sequel? I mean since Suiko5 is going to be released in the last year of the PS2's life, then how would we transfer a PS2 game file into a PS3 memory card? Man I hope that made sense. :P
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

RageRune wrote:What I wonder is that whenver there is a sequel after Suiko3, how will it transfer to the sequel? I mean since Suiko5 is going to be released in the last year of the PS2's life, then how would we transfer a PS2 game file into a PS3 memory card? Man I hope that made sense. :P
Don't worry, it made perfect sense. I hope Sony will find a way to transfer PS2 data to the PS3 via memory card, maybe the PS3 will have a special adapter that the PS2 memory card could be put into? Who knows, but I'm sure Sony is prepared.
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I agree after all we were able to import s2 data from ps1 cards to ps2 cards. We don't know what the memory cards for ps3 look like, they may even be the same for all we know. *shrug* In fact since the ps3 is FULLY backwards capatible I think all the mem cards will work. :)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

if I was a betting man...id say that sony and microsoft will milk us for everything they've got,thank god for nintendo{even though I love playstation}

memory cards always change though, even nintendo does it
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

The Sony memory card changed because Ps2 games had bigger save files, the old memory cards still work. I don't see how that is a bad thing.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Wait... I had heard the PS3 will use memory STICKS.

Going by the memory stick theory we'll have to hope they are USB and compatible with the PS2.

=\
[evil laugh here]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I know the PSP uses memory sticks so maybe you thinking about that. Unless there's news that the PS3 is using sticks too. I'll check it out.
Tensyo

Post by Tensyo »

I'd say the simplest solution would be just to put data for the True Fire, Water and Lightning Runes in the disk, since all three main characters in Suikoden III do end up with a True Rune.

Let's say a future Suikoden game has Hugo in it. The game reads a Suikoden III save file where Hugo was the new FC and gives him the True Fire Rune. Later you replay the game loading a save file where you made Chris the FC, the game then gives Hugo the True Water Rune instead.

It wouldn't really be a big deal, just include the spell animations for the three different elemental True Runes on the disk. With the insane amount of space Blu-Ray and HD-DVD can hold it isn't a problem.
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

I'm pretty sure that there will be a Suikoden III file transfer some time in the (near) future, it would be a shame if Konami didn't make one. And I agree with KoyuRedd that a post-Suikoden III timeline game will come out, probably on the PS3.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Uh, I don't know. A save transfer three (or more) installments later? That's like the number one recipe to shoot the price tag off the roof.
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

You have a point but I think that if it brings back a cameo or two than the gamers will love it.