A Sindar Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Dinn wrote:Suikoden 6 set in the future. The distant future with flying ships and whatnot. Plus is set throughout the world, so you can go to Harmonia, or the grasslands, or the Island Nations, etc. Of course everything would be all futuristic.
but that would ruin suikoden, it sound just like a final fantasy but with a kool world yet it wouldnt even be that kool because futuristic rpg's suck.
enos

Post by enos »

LunasMeow wrote:Or what if the Sindar turned out to be the final enemy in the series and not Kikkusak like everyone thinks. Perhaps he's just collecting runes to prepare for them? You know the ends justify the means and all that?
hey, I like your idea!!!

maybe, Hikusaak really is preparing for some sort of "final" invasion... something prophesied.. and he needs as many powerful runes as he can get to repel whatever is coming..

cliche, but just a thought... :)
a

Post by a »

I think that either the next Suikoden or the last one will take place in Harmonia.
soonket

Post by soonket »

sindar suikoden.. i hope (jus wan to c actually) it will hav the final fantasy 8 setting.. like those steam age era with gunblades and etc.. but a few thousands year before the current timeline... of coz the protoganist will be a sindarian n d ending will be something like they'll reveal the true reasons y they wander n dissapear sudddenly...
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

soonket wrote:sindar suikoden.. i hope (jus wan to c actually) it will hav the final fantasy 8 setting.. like those steam age era with gunblades and etc.. but a few thousands year before the current timeline... of coz the protoganist will be a sindarian n d ending will be something like they'll reveal the true reasons y they wander n dissapear sudddenly...
No, no, no. If Suikoden goes Sindar, I doubt there'll be any Final Fantasy things in it.

Then again, I doubt the whole of Suikoden will have any real Final Fantasy ideas in it.

Put simply: Suikoden is not Final Fantasy.

Would fans really want to see Suikoden in its Sindarin ages? IV and V's timelines weren't exactly welcomed by fans, so would going further into the past make it better?
[evil laugh here]
soonket

Post by soonket »

That's not a final fantasy thing i suppose, jus tat age that setting tat kind of building.. in short jus a lil' more advance.. bout the gunblade thing im jus kiddin haha.. And of coz i doubt there'll be any FF things in Suikoden too, I agree with u in dis one..

As dis thread's topic is Sindar Suikoden isn't it? i doubt we can see them in the present timeline so of course its in the past.. And.. it does not need to be in the suikoden 6.. it can be in either 9 or 10 right?

Btw all of these is just what I think will be interesting to see in one of the future suikoden.. not for the fans.. its jus a future suikoden speculation afterall
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Well, it doesn't have to be in the past to involve the Sindar... creativity-wise. You could always have a scientist (or inventor) try to reawaken them and manage it one way or the other.

Also, I doubt that (if Suikoden goes that far back) the timeline will be altered that much. I mean, it's even before anything we know for sure happened, so as long as they die out in the end it won't matter. They could always have an explanation for it after telling the stars' future.

I think the reason people want to see the Sindar is because they want to see their culture more than anything else. We've seen the ruins all over the world, but how had they used them? Were they just the churches of our time, or did the whole village live inside them? How did they live, and how far was technology back then? Did they believe in Gods or not?

Those are the questions I'd ask anyway.

So really, I'd rather see a Sindar Suikoden as a Gaiden rather than it having another number.
[evil laugh here]
soonket

Post by soonket »

If its like u said an inventor or scientist is tryin to awaken them den it'll probably be in the gaidens... inventor or scientist things just dun suit into the official series.. so, yeah ur right and ur probability is higher..

But then again from other prespective if Sindar is involved then tat means True Rune too right ? since their leader is a true rune bearer... i din noe the gaidens will involve the true runes.. or does it ?? correct me if im wrong cause i never played a gaiden before
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Well, one Gaiden (Tactics) let you use a True Rune. It wasn't part of the main story, but it was there.

Just because it's a True Rune we're talking about doesn't mean Konami won't make it a Gaiden's objective in the future. Keep in mind that you could get the Rune of Punishment in Tactics, although it wasn't part of the plot.

Inventors aren't strange in Suikoden. They're shady people who build elevators for your headquarters, and everytime they do it, it's a "new and revolutionary!" invention.

But yes, I'm starting to like the idea of a Sindar Gaiden...
[evil laugh here]
soonket

Post by soonket »

haha i bet a sindar gaiden is going to beat the original series if the storyline and battle systems are good enough..

Since suikoden has such a long history and every series need to have 108 characters.. Its getting harder n harder for Konami to make the next suikoden... Plus almost every previous suikoden is connected to the next one..

They probably is out of idea by now lol..
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!