Suikoden I&II, Japan exclusive?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
kolipo

Suikoden I&II, Japan exclusive?

Post by kolipo »

Last edited by kolipo on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You should take the image out of your post; it isn't very easy on our dial-up friends.

Figures. It seems they'll never re-release Suikoden I & II again, at this rate. The first two games have had many re-releases over the years in Japan, so it doesn't really surprise me that they decided to only release the the PSP ports in Japan. Of course, the PSP ports probably won't be released for quite some time, so they just might change their minds. It's doubtful, though.

I wonder, since Sars is a member of both English-speaking and Japanese-speaking Suikoden communities, perhaps he could report on some fan-site that the English-speaking fans are very dissapointed that Suikoden I & II aren't going to be re-released over here, and that Konami could make some money by re-releasing the games over here, too. I've heard that Konami reads some of the Japanese fan-sites, so who knows? Still, it's pretty doubtful.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Oh well. It's better to find out now rather than later. I almost wasted money on a PSP. *shrug*
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

this ruins my entire theory of konami bringing suikoden to mainstream

I cant believe they would screw up like this
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I hope Konami US can do something about that.. if not, well that's just stupid. It would be a great idea for them to do that. I don't care as much at the moment because I own both those games. If I didn't, I would be pretty let down about it.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I was so happy and excited to know that Konami is planning to port Suikoden I and II on PSP but soon upon discovering that it was meant only to be in Japanese :x , utterly disappointed me :evil:

I fished Suikoden I three days ago :D and I was planning to buy a PSP just ot play Suikoden I and II :wink: but now there is no point of haveing PSP for me. Not releasing an English version of Suikoden I and II on PSP means that a PAL version of Suikoden III might not see the light ever :cry:
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Maybe Konami are waiting to see how other PSP RPG releases fair in the US before bringing this out - maybe if there's a lot of interest, and more importantly, purchases then they'll reconsider.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I have just sent a letter to Konami asking them to reconsider their decision. This is the least I can do and I hope you will do the same.
Konami contact us page:
https://www.konami.co.jp/inquiry/cgi-bi ... NAME=index

Please note that you cannot write a letter with more than 1000 characters.
Noke

Post by Noke »

Yeah, I already did the same thing as soon as I saw this thread lol

I didn't bitch, I just basically asked if that was 100% confirmed, of if there's still a chance the rest of the world will see this game
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Kindly worded letters don't do as mucha scash in the till - buy PSP RPGs - that's the only way you'll see more of them is if they are financially viable on the PSP.
omega_ultima_777

Post by omega_ultima_777 »

ohhh this can't be!!!! Damn konami making me get my hopes up.....
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I think it's ridculous for Konami to be considering porting Suiko1 and 2 in Japan instead of relasing it in the US and Europe. They should know that Japan has gotten alot of Suiko games (the Gaiden series) and that it's popular in Japan already.

IMO it's the right business decision to port it in the US and Europe where there are many people willing to buy a PSP for Suiko1 and 2, why can't they see it? I won't get my hopes up again, I mean it is'nt ocnfirmed they won't relase the ports here is it?
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

IMO it's the right business decision to port it in the US and Europe where there are many people willing to buy a PSP for Suiko1 and 2
Like who? You? The people here on a Suikoden fan site? All those Hotmail account sigs on a petition form? For games to be worth releasing similar genre games/prequels to existing games have to sell first. Suikoden has never been that massive seller in the US/UK for many reasons, including reviews at the time labelling it "old fashioned" and the miniscule print run. Why re release a game that didn't sell well in the first place?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Its called taking a risk, sometimes in order to expand the market companies take chances, In this case, I think it would pay off if they released suikoden 1 and 2 on psp in usa, it would get alot of gamers into suikoden and then they would be interested in tactics and suikoden 5 the result would be a profit instead of a loss{see my oppening post at the beggining of the thread "THE FUTURE OF SUIKODEN KONAMI BELIEVES!"}

of course I could be wrong about that
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

Why would PSP gamers flock to Suikoden? When there are more familiar and let's face it, "flashy" RPGs on the horizon?

Its called taking a risk, sometimes in order to expand the market companies take chances
Taking risks got Sega where they are today :?