Suikoden I&II, Japan exclusive?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Untitled wrote:See, now, i'd be perfectly content with this not being released in the US had all of my games(Including suikoden I-IV(The only one that's been returned by the insurance company is IV)), Hadn't all been Stolen, And by my best friend for that matter, but that's beside the point. Now i /HAVE/ To get an emulator(Which my computer is way too slow for), or chances are good i'll never see a copy of suikoden I or II ever again, unless i want to pay $200 for a copy of each(Ebay prices). Finding out that they were only to be released in japan was a big letdown, concidering now chances are good i'll never play my favorite two games again. Meh, who knows, maybe i can email this to konami and they'll send me some free copies.
Don't count on it.

I hate saying this repetitively, so this is the last time I'll post it:
Konami may not release I and II in the native english-speaking regions this year, the next, or the one even after that. I believe that with the coming of the PS3 and SV, we *might* have all six current releases (excluding the gaidens) on one disc, and maybe there'll be extra space for upgrades.

Just wait for it.
[evil laugh here]
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

I´m late in this but I think something has been missed.
Re releasing SI & SII on PSP should be important for konami.I mean, suikoden is the rpg most important franchise of konami, that means that most people c-a-n get to know the game, the best for them. As all companies konami will act for money, for some reason they think there would be no profit in this re release thing. In my opinion they make a mistake.

I´ve always had the thought konami does not kwow -want?- how to make the Suikoden series popular out of Japan. Talking about europe, and in my country I can say that when a Suiko game comes out, there are no publicity at all, the magazines don´t talk very well about it-some even did not say that you can recruit 108 characters, which is one of the most important things of it-, but when is about other Rpgs -square- there are spots, announces everywhere, and of course are praised in magazines regardless the real quality of the game
Viki

Post by Viki »

Fu Su Lu wrote: for some reason they think there would be no profit in this re release thing. In my opinion they make a mistake.
What makes u think that they think there would be no profit, U can't be sure i mean they might have another reason. I'm also dissappointed about it but we can't say anything about it unless they tell us wat d problem is!
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Is it true that Sony does not allow remakes of old games if there is not 33% new content?

I got this information from Suikoden I+II discussion under Gamespot.
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/suikode ... d=23825835
You guys need to know something Sony doesn't want you to know. See, us SNK fans figured this out over on their boards due to King of Fighters 94 Re-Bout only coming here on X-Box...plus I know a guy who works with Capcom on World of Warcraft who sort of confirms this...

Sony Computer Entertainment America does not allow remakes and/or ports of older games to be brought to America unless there is 33% new content or more.

I'm sorry, but Konami is not the ones to blame. Due to Suikoden's new popularity, Konami probably does want to bring it here but SCEA will not allow it. Seeing that the game isn't even out in Japan yet...there is hope Konami will pull a FF Chronicles/Anthology and add in lots of extra crap like pictures and a monster dictionary no one will really care about or new dungeons and items which will allow it to be brought here. Otherwise...don't count on it.

I also believe RPGamer.com has an article saying Konami has refused to bring it here. This is probably due to the idiocy of SCEA.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="Viki"][quote="Fu Su Lu"] for some reason they think there would be no profit in this re release thing. In my opinion they make a mistake.[/quote]

What makes you think that they think there would be no profit, you can't be sure i mean they might have another reason. I'm also dissappointed about it but we can't say anything about it unless they tell us wat d problem is![/quote]

Wrong.
As you say, I think they think there would be no profit. Now, tell me where I write im sure about anything. Never wrote so. Is just my opinion, it could turn right, or it could turn wrong, but I never said to be sure about anything.I rather use words like: I think, in my opinion,i have the thought,... but never said to be sure. OK?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Amazon.co.jp has started accepting pre-order for Suikoden I+II. It is going to be released on 2006-02-23. Suikoden I+II for PSP at Amazon.co.jp
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Nighteyes

Post by Nighteyes »

Play-Asia too. But it's funny, they're not shipping it to European Union or some other countries in Europe, can anyone tell me why this?
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

ok i know this post is old but i have a stupid question. Even if suikoden 1 and 2 isnt released doesnt the psp play japanese games just like the nintendo hanhelds?
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, there's no region-locking on the handheld consoles; meaning you can play a Japanese video game on an English PSP with no problems, except for the language.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

awesome i can read japanese so i wont have a problem then :D
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Kimimi wrote:Why would PSP gamers flock to Suikoden? When there are more familiar and let's face it, "flashy" RPGs on the horizon?
Like what? Kingdom of Paradise is a brand new RPG game and Popolocrois isn't exactly making people leap off of the couches and run to the store.

My only hope is that since Valkyrie Profile is getting a PSP release, Konami will change their minds and release these in North America.
LoJunGin

Post by LoJunGin »

Why haven't they ever considered porting it to the Nintendo DS? Although I'm not sure if those little square cartridges can fit all the data in them.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

From the looks of it, suikoden has never left Playstation/Sony systems.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

but here's some hope, in an interview about Rhapsodia, kawano and the other guy said they are very interested in nintendo's revolution.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikoden has left Sony many times. Suikoden was released on the PC and Saturn, and the Card Stories are on the GBA.