the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

^_^ thanks!

I agree that releasing S3 on pal would be a smart move, and i have a feeling that they will do it once S1 and S2 are released on the psp.
Last edited by Star of destiny on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

There isn't any reason for them not to do so...With all the $$ Konami is going to make with Rhapsodia, Suikoden V and Suikoden I & II, surely they can do this small project.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I think if they are really going to grab the popularity they will have to make sure one of the first RPGs on the PS3 is a suikoden game.
If they keep doing a good job like they are with V, maybe they will.

I just don't know what the graphics would look like since thye have always been.. well anime like which is cool with me, but on such a high powered console like the PS3... I wonder.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

What i imagine with a the ps3 is great graphics, think advent children.

Id love to see graphics of that calibur used for suiko 6.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Advent Children isn't 256 Graphics.. That's more of the 512 or even 1024 range.

But I do get what you are saying, that would be cool. I still want Final Fantasy VII to be remade.. that trailer just blew my mind, imagine the possibilities, new music, battle system, the weapon, buildings and enemy designs! It would also be cool to get the Advent Children part as an epilogue sorta thing after you beat the game!

I can't play the original anymore.. it's just too old for me now. I still love it but I just can't play through it again.

I almost said the same with Suikoden until the PSP ports came along, I will definately go through those!
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Suikoden is timeless, just like some movies from the 50's and 60's.

Final Fantasy 7 was in primitive 3d and some parts of it really looks bad, mostly details, but the game as a whole with the music, the special athmosphere and the severely melancholic semi-futuristic style is still a masterpiece like few.

Damn, I got all nostalgic now when you mentioned FF7. The story had it's flaws but the dark and apocalyptic mood of that game is just the best you can ever get in an RPG. It's a true masterpiece, unfortunately I feel the same way as you, I have a hard time playing it just because of the extremely rough 3d graphics.

I love dark and gloomy games. I even think Suikoden should have more melancholy.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I've always felt that Final Fantasy VII's rough, blocky graphics added to it's own personal charm, and I think I'd still prefer them over "improved" graphics should Square-Enix ever remake the game.

Anyway, getting back on topic, how realistic do you think a PAL release of Suikoden III is going to be? What with this current rejuvination of the series.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I think europeans will have to wait for Suikoden 3 for at least 5 years or more until Konami (hopefully) decides to release a Suikoden collection with psx and ps2 games on ps3 or some other console.

The chances of that happening are small, I know, but considering Suikodens popularity and Konami's reborn interest for the series they might make some kind of a re-release of Suikoden 3 sometime.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Sasarai is cute wrote:I think europeans will have to wait for Suikoden 3 for at least 5 years or more until Konami (hopefully) decides to release a Suikoden collection with psx and ps2 games on ps3 or some other console.

The chances of that happening are small, I know, but considering Suikodens popularity and Konami's reborn interest for the series they might make some kind of a re-release of Suikoden 3 sometime.
Suikoden I and II are being re-released, so why not go with the flow and make Suikoden III PAL? All you need is some minor porting from the US version.
[evil laugh here]
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I think we heard the other 390423 requests for a PAL release. If I were that damn desperate I would just say, it's import time.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Sasarai is cute wrote:I think europeans will have to wait for Suikoden 3 for at least 5 years or more until Konami (hopefully) decides to release a Suikoden collection with psx and ps2 games on ps3 or some other console.

I think suikoden 3 will almost deffinetley be re released in the pal version, its essential if they want to make suikoden popular all over the world, it SHOULD happen before 5 but most likely it will be slightly before 6 or slightly after it
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Forget this entire thread! konami is just as stupid as ever in there marketing strategies, suikoden 1 and 2 remake on the psp will be released in japan only... konami will never go mainstream now...but suikoden 5 will still be awsome and im sure so will there other games

but they will never make it big in america or europe, not with there current stupid ass thinking, suikoden will never be as popular as the ff series if they will continue doing retarted things like this...whats next?!! re releasing suikoden 3 in america and japan but not pal version??!!!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Just because Konami announces that Suikoden I & II on the PSP will only be released in Japan doesn't necessarily make it true. There's this really obscure idea called "changing your mind" that Konami could use, or the fans could actually try to do something about it.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Besides, I doubt Suikoden I&II were going to make or break the Suikoden series. I think that task is for Suikoden V.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Just because Konami announces that Suikoden I & II on the PSP will only be released in Japan doesn't necessarily make it true. There's this really obscure idea called "changing your mind" that Konami could use, or the fans could actually try to do something about it.
why are you so damm sarcastic? The fans wont do anything about it and what could possibly make konami change there mind? indecision? of course not, you cant second guess yourself when making important decisions for a company. Even if it sells out in japan it still wont reflect a possible outcome in the states, therefore it wont be coming out anywhere else in the world, unless what we read was a typo

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Besides, I doubt Suikoden I&II were going to make or break the Suikoden series. I think that task is for Suikoden V.

I disagree, EVERYONE loves suikoden 2{its 1 of the greatest rpgs ever! next to chrono trigger} and if the current rpg players could get there hands on it, they would almost deffinetley love it and be obsessed with it, this would spark the curiousity in them about 3 and 4 and they would either go import/buy it online or buy the re released versions, more people would find out about it and it would become popular, suikoden 5 can then lead the way uphill for suikoden

suikoden 5 by itself will not be enough to make suikoden popular in the states or anywhere in the world, besides japan{since japan gets the psp suikoden 1 and 2 re release}

granted suikoden 5 will be popular by hardcore fans but judging by the way everyone feels about 4, people will probably avoid 5 because of 4

suikoden wont be popular