the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
son_michael

the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

Post by son_michael »

yes people its true... from what ive seen in the past week or so konami looks to be ressurecting suikoden from the dead

I believe konami is actually trying to make suikoden popular in america maybe even more so than the final fantasy series. How else can you explain the recent information weve been hearing? First we get news that konami is gonna make suikoden 4, the game comes out and its not as impressive as the other games but does it stop there? no! in a record breaking amount of time, Rhapsodia is anounced and it will be before 4, during 4 and after 4! but wait! theres more! within weeks of hearing this amazing news, we learn of the next genso suikoden in develepmont! and konami is certainly trying everything in there power to make this game a success. Now we have just found out suikoden 1 and 2 will be re released for the psp as 1 game!

so this is what ive come up with,Konami has decided to run with the entire suikoden series! they seem to be going full steam ahead into suikoden and have probably decided that will be its rpg franchise

by re releasing suikoden 1 and 2, im sure konami hopes that more people will easily discover suikoden via the handhelds this will make them love suikoden 1 and 2 and get them interested in past installments, konami will then re release suikoden 3 and see how that does..before long suikoden will be popular!! I believe konami wants suikoden to be big..REALLY BIG!! and there putting all there hopes into kawano, fresh ideas and tallent and us the suikoden fans to embrace what there doing.

as sars as said, the future looks bright! I believe this is only the beginning of konami bringing suikoden to the mainstream and making it popular all over the world!

does anybody agree with my oppinion and observations? they have released 2 games in 1 year and have announced what fans always wanted! the re release of 2 and 1 AND the promise of suikoden 4 WITH a confirmed title for ps3!. This cant be coincidence, konami believes in suikoden,at least this is what I believe
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I think Konami can start by releasing Suikoden III in PAL territories.
afi

Post by afi »

You're right sonny, i myself wondered why konami is rushing with the suikoden series. The head dude in konami finally woke up and realised that the suikoden series have HUGE potential. I bet he and the other people in konami have high hopes for suikoden.

Did konami just announced the re-release of suikoden 1-2? It was not mentioned at ign or gamespot.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

ign and gamespot usually get info from Suikosource.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

hey sars, what do you think? do you think this recent string of news is a clue of konami wanting to bring suikoden mainstream?
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I really like the widescreen capabilities. I am definately buying these.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

i was thinking the same whilst at college today son! i think its great news and im excited about it.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

:shock: Wide-Screen format with no borders? Yay they aren't lazy. The graphics do look crisper, just look at the skeleton dragon boss. I remember him to be more jagged and less smooth.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Im not from EU but I agree Konami should release Suiko 3 in PAL too, so it would be 2 continents that thier reviving Suikoden from.

And you know what its about time Suikoden got it shares of Konami's resources and its about time we fans of this great RPG get recognize!
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Yes I definitly think Konami has realized that they are sitting on a classic RPG franchise. With all this new info being released so fast in a short amount of time, they should have no problem with advertising Suikoden titles on the market now.

And they should also release Suiko3 on the European conteninet as well, to boost sales for Suiko3 in the EU and get more RPG players there interested in Suikoden (and from what I heard there's not much RPGs in Europe).
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Mmm...
Yes, I agree.Konami want Suikoden to be real big. Somehow they have noticed the potential it has and how devoted fans are to it which in their language is translated in ...we can make more money.

The konami masterplan looks good to me and great chance to resurrect the suikoden to the populatity level it had with the first ones but... I think suiko V must be worth of it. Dont forget this re release of I & II an the spin off Rhapsody are comercial strategy to make suikoden future brighter and that future is now Suikoden V.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

I think if they are really going to grab the popularity they will have to make sure one of the first RPGs on the PS3 is a suikoden game.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

As long as they deliver a solid product. Which, might make a big time name on the PS3 console.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Konami will make the biggest hit when they make a PAL Suikoden III release.
[evil laugh here]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KoyuRedd wrote:Konami will make the biggest hit when they make a PAL Suikoden III release.
yea deffinitely

hey star of destiny, I think you finally found your ideal avatar! it looks great! and it fits perfectly with your name :)