the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Konami's a business, which means that they'll do anything; as long as they can generate some profit, they'll consider it; from there, they might even execute the plan. Konami has to be shown (somehow) that Suikoden can sell in places other than Japan. Buying the limited amount of Suikoden merchandise in the English-speaking world always helps, for one (the Suikoden III manga and the figurines). I'm not sure where you got the idea that companies never change their minds, because they do. The decision to not release Suikoden III in the PAL regions (after announcing they would) is an example. Your statement of "the fans won't do anything" is my point exactly. The fans don't actually care, they just want something to cry about, it seems. Sure, I can be seen as crying too, but I wasn't exactly expecting the games to be re-released over here. I was using exclamation marks and all, but that's mostly to get other people excited, and not my own true feelings. I don't even see how the decision to re-release Suikoden I & II is even that big of a decision for Konami, seeing as they have many other commercially successful series to rely on besides Suikoden, and Suikoden seems to be the least popular out of all of them. To me, this is just their somewhat successful RPG series, and it isn't the primary focus of the company. Most companies have their one successful RPG series, such as the BoF series from Capcom.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The fans wont do anything about it and what could possibly make konami change there mind?
Well what do expect people to do? Pick up torches and march to KCET headquarters? At this point the only thing you can is contact Konami and ask them to reconsider the decision.

If they recieve enough requests to do so they just might. Even though Suikoden III was never released in PAL the onslaught of email that the Europe office recieved played a part in the decision to release/announce Suikoden IV and Rhapsoida & Suikoden V.

This time there is more of a heads up too, the game isn't out in Japan yet and it's doubtful that the decision is set in stone, even if Konami are stubborn like insects trying to fly through a window.
thomas_21

Post by thomas_21 »

Btw im new here hi everyone first off i have a comment and a question first my comment i think that suikoden 1 and 2 for psp will be released in the states and i think that the suikoden series will get more popular with all the new releases.Me personally i think its fine where its at to me the suikoden series is like a good underground punk band that hasnt gone mainstream yet and has that edge to it imo though i would like to see more suiko sites if popularity gains. And now my question why is it so hard to port a game in europe? this may be a dumb question lol
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

um why was my post erased? the post that responded to jowy atreids big post at the top of this page

I said I didnt know suikoden 3 was originally supposed to come out in pal version, and even though its true a company/business will do anything for a profit, it still isnt wise for konami to change there decisions on a whim

well it was something like that, apparently someone made a mistake or thought my post was worthless
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Check the bottom of page #2, son_michael.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Im aware of that post, thats not the post I made in response to the 1 on top of page 3
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the best bet for Suikoden 3 on PAL is perhaps including it as a bonus in a future suikoden game for PS3 (since the disc stores so much data). i think Konami doesn't know enough about the market for Suikoden in PAL territories (although wasn't there a petition going around? well petitions don't always go far..)--too much risk.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Its a pity Konami didn't keep this attitude after the release of V. I don't think poor sales figures is enough for them to reconsider their stance with Suikoden, but then, I'm not a buisiness man. Fans CAN help with the current situation with Suikoden, however, and should.

Whatever it is that you want to see - SVI, SII on PSN, Suikoden manga novels translated - send an email to as many of the relevant departments at Konami as you can. The more people that do this, the higher chance of success. I realise its very difficult for our mere emails to influence the buisiness decision like creating SVI, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't atleast try, right? Besides, your emails don't have to be specifically about Suikoden VI, ask them for whatever it is you want - SIII PAL release, okay this is a dead in the water now, perhaps a bit too late for that, but if thats what you want - go for it. As long as we are seen to be doing something, it is much better than getting down/angry/upset about it.
jin022

Re: the rebirth of suikoden{konami believes!}

Post by jin022 »

even if they re-release suikoden1 & 2 in psp. i think new players has very little chance to play it because the graphics & gameplay compared to modern games is outdated. still the story, mini games, runes , 108 SOD & unique multiple endings are still epic but new players wont know it if they wont play suikoden till the end.

maybe konami can remake suikoden 1 & 2.