Suikoden Warriors ala Dynasty Warriors?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
angel199x

Suikoden Warriors ala Dynasty Warriors?

Post by angel199x »

Hi guys , I'm new to the forums and a long time fan to the suikoden games.

I was playing my ps2 recently and wondering wouldnt it be cool if they made a Suikoden spin off game based on the gameplay style of Dynasty Warriors?

The can call it Suikoden Warriors or something lol.. hell they can easily fit the heroes and the big battles from the games into such a spin-off project!

what do you guys think of this idea? Do you think it could work?
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

Welcome to suikosource!

I suppose it could be done in the style of Dynasty warriors, it just wouldnt feel like a suikoden game to me though :)
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

I don't know about a complete spinoff, but that might be a good way to fight the large army battles in a future iteration of Suikoden. Variations on rock-paper-scissors can only last you so long.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I've had that idea myself in the past, Kirke, but I always ended up thinking "I could just play Dynasty Warriors if I want a Dynasty Warriors type battle".

I don't think the idea would be a good one to make an entirley seperate spin-off of, but if Konami could tweak the idea for a future major battle style enough so that it's not just a Dynasty Warriors clone, then it could have potential.