suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well the PS3 will have the capability for movie style graphics, a larger playing capacity for the disks and the console, and therefore the story will be a lot stronger since it will be able to run without lagging, it will be able to use a much larger proportion of the map, perhaps even intercontinental travel. All this of course is opinion, but I'm sure Suikoden being Suikoden it will take full advantage of the good things the PS3 has to offer.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

Man, I really hope PS3 gets at least $100 price drop by the time SVI rolls by. I unfortunately do not have $600 lying around waiting to be used.
Celedril

fd

Post by Celedril »

I really don't like the console price argument. We have to realize that we aren't playing in the kiddy land of 8, 16, 32, or even 64 bit game systems anymore. We as gamers keep expecting more and better, and companies are trying to give it to us/must give it to us to keep our interests. They must use the newest most capable technology if they want to keep selling and making games. And that means money. Sure, I don't want to pay 600 dollars, but hell, for the graphics and capabilities the PS3 is capable of, well, its worth it. Would you rather continue to pay 200 dollars for PS1/2 capablity machines, or would you rather see games and their systems advance. There is no other way to go about it. Also, as gaming becomes more popular, prices are probably going to increase as well. I know 600 is steep, but then again, the machine rocks.

Back on track. SVI would be incredible on PS3. I read an article about this game called Assassin's Creed, and it detailed the way the game will look and is played. The control scheme, not to mention the graphics, were plain insanity. If that type of interface could be brought to Suikoden, the game would be just incredible. Can you imagine perhaps fighting battles where you actually control movements of the characters simultaneously, or a game where the characters and the cutscenes never change what they look like? Ohhh, I can't wait...the very thought is titulating!
Ushiku

Re: fd

Post by Ushiku »

Celedril wrote:I really don't like the console price argument. We have to realize that we aren't playing in the kiddy land of 8, 16, 32, or even 64 bit game systems anymore. We as gamers keep expecting more and better, and companies are trying to give it to us/must give it to us to keep our interests. They must use the newest most capable technology if they want to keep selling and making games. And that means money. Sure, I don't want to pay 600 dollars, but hell, for the graphics and capabilities the PS3 is capable of, well, its worth it. Would you rather continue to pay 200 dollars for PS1/2 capablity machines, or would you rather see games and their systems advance. There is no other way to go about it. Also, as gaming becomes more popular, prices are probably going to increase as well. I know 600 is steep, but then again, the machine rocks.

Back on track. SVI would be incredible on PS3. I read an article about this game called Assassin's Creed, and it detailed the way the game will look and is played. The control scheme, not to mention the graphics, were plain insanity. If that type of interface could be brought to Suikoden, the game would be just incredible. Can you imagine perhaps fighting battles where you actually control movements of the characters simultaneously, or a game where the characters and the cutscenes never change what they look like? Ohhh, I can't wait...the very thought is titulating!
I agree, I've read that the PS3 will use cinematic graphics. I'm sure it will be incredible to play games with cool graphics, but as long as they stay true to the Suikoden series story, then graphics don't matter as much.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Tir_Mcdohl

Post by Tir_Mcdohl »

Man Suikoden would kill FF anyday. In my opinion they have a way better story line in each of the games and in FF its always a different story, in Suikoden they always relate somehow or there are always characters that are in the previous one.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Tir_Mcdohl wrote:Man Suikoden would kill FF anyday. In my opinion they have a way better story line in each of the games and in FF its always a different story, in Suikoden they always relate somehow or there are always characters that are in the previous one.
Please try to post something relevant to the thread you are posting in in future, thanks.
Oulan06

Suikoden6

Post by Oulan06 »

I know it is pretty much inevitable, which really sucks...but I would hate to see 6 come out on the PS3. Mostly because, regardless of the fact that I can afford it, I refuse to buy any system that is $500 dollars. I have been a fan since 1...so would hate to loose the ability to play it...
sighs...but still morals don't allow me to get a new system we don't even need as PS2 is still in its infancy and much can still be done with it.

Sniff, sniff...everyone let me know what I am missing.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Apparently though PlayStation 3'll be the last for awhile and that it'll be upgradable.

Hmm, echoes much?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, given the nature of video game hardware, it'll probably be $300 about a year after it comes out.

Sure, the system is probably worth every penny its selling for, but the market will demand that the price be taken down. It happens with all video game systems, and I don't think I've ever heard as much distaste with the starting price of a system as there is with the PS3.
ascoth

Post by ascoth »

KoRnholio wrote:Well, given the nature of video game hardware, it'll probably be $300 about a year after it comes out.

Sure, the system is probably worth every penny its selling for, but the market will demand that the price be taken down. It happens with all video game systems, and I don't think I've ever heard as much distaste with the starting price of a system as there is with the PS3.
I don't think the price will come down soon enough. Basing it from our experiences with buying our current PS2 unit, it took at least two years since its release to be able to afford it. And I don't think people with PS2 units will buy immediately, now that there are still many games for th console out there (unless they go by popular demand).

I don't think Konami will make SuikoVI available for both consoles either. So it is a sort of let down for fans who are not that rich.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

ascoth wrote:
I don't think the price will come down soon enough. Basing it from our experiences with buying our current PS2 unit, it took at least two years since its release to be able to afford it.
I don't remember as much griping about the PS2's price before it came out, either.
And I don't think people with PS2 units will buy immediately, now that there are still many games for th console out there (unless they go by popular demand).
That's true, but there's two ways to take that - if less people buy the console than expected, they might be forced to bring the price down sooner, to stay in the market.

Given that we haven't even heard anything official about Suikoden VI yet, and the PS3 release is just a couple months away, I think its safe to say that by the time Suiko VI comes out in the US, the price won't be quite so hard to swallow.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

As I said somewhere (I don't remember which thread), hardcore fans wouldn't want to wait for a PS3 to buy VI.

People may have to wait ten years to get a new console, but they'd buy the game regardless.

That's what I'll do anyway >_>
[evil laugh here]
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Haha, me too.

Suikoden VI then I'll get around to getting a PS3.

Which won't be 'til after March 07. WELL DONE SONY.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its nice to see my old thread is still alive

well im gonna wait for the ps3 to drop in price and for sony to fix the obvious glitches that will be in the system when it launches

even so...it pisses me off to have to pay over 300 bucks for a system. Ill do it ONLY if I have extra money in the bank or if I can build up money and put it in the bank until I have enough to buy it

in any case..Nintendo wi and PS3 for me...Microsoft sucks..I was put through hell with the X box and to top that off shenmue 2 wasn't ported over to the 360...the only way ill get an x box 360 is when its REALLY cheap and they have some quality games..unlike the crap they have now
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

Well, I have bought the 360 together with my friend, because he really wanted to have it. I wasn't pleased at first, because I'm not quite the shooter-fan. But now, that Enchanted Arms is released, I'm sitting in front of this console too.
Hopefully, there will be more great games for this shoot microsoft thing, so that I didn't waste my money ^^
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~