suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

We are all glad that Suikoden is still truckin. I mean, this site is dedicated to people who adore suikoden. I know the series kinda boomed at three, leaving it difficult for people new to the series to explore I and II. (and we all know how grand those games are) I do hope 6 is not a prequel, but the odds of Konami making three prequels are slim.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

it sure won't be another prequel..
We had enough prequels.. Konami knows that for sure.
The only storyline for a prequel i could imagine was the creation, beginning of the suiko world or establishment of Harmonia..both are to important/to big for being "another" game.. if these two storylines will come into a suiko, then they will end the series.. i mean it would be stupid to give us a game where the beginning and the most secrets were answered and then say..okay here come's Suiko 7 ! hehehe
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Suikoden going on with sequels is different than FF sequels because of the continuing story of Suikoden. In fact having 27 True Runes and revealing some each game assures that they won't just drag it on pointlessly to make more money, sense it would pretty much have to end once you know all of them. As far as sequels versus prequels. I think I could take one more prequel, set very, very far back in the timeline, to show origins on certain things/people.
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

Seink wrote:I think asking the question of whether Suikoden 6 will be realeased is asking if FF will stop producing after 12.

The suikoden series is no different from FF series in which they provide excellent game plot, georges graphics/effects and attract a world-wide market.

As long as the suikoden series is making good money, it will never stop producing.So what if all the True Runes are covered? There could be aftermath, runes war or anything possible that is related.So what if the writer/artists decides to stop? There could new writers, artist as long as suikoden game production team is still operating.
if thats the case, no one will ever get to see yuber and pesmergas final duel, seeing how it can only be concluded in the final suikoden. i dunno how i feel about that, i wanna see the duel, but i dont want to see the series end, lol, its confusing

suikoden 6 should be awsome, seeing some of the screenies of 5, and how there starting to use elements from the original suikodens, like traveling the map and stuff, the graphics for it are awsome, i believe 5 and especially 6, are going to be a huge success, only thing im pissed at, are they keep releasing new games in japan first, why the hell cant they hold it, till other region suikoden games are ready to be released aswell!!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

bloggs24 wrote:
Seink wrote:I think asking the question of whether Suikoden 6 will be realeased is asking if FF will stop producing after 12.

The suikoden series is no different from FF series in which they provide excellent game plot, georges graphics/effects and attract a world-wide market.

As long as the suikoden series is making good money, it will never stop producing.So what if all the True Runes are covered? There could be aftermath, runes war or anything possible that is related.So what if the writer/artists decides to stop? There could new writers, artist as long as suikoden game production team is still operating.
if thats the case, no one will ever get to see yuber and pesmergas final duel, seeing how it can only be concluded in the final suikoden. i dunno how i feel about that, i wanna see the duel, but i dont want to see the series end, lol, its confusing

suikoden 6 should be awsome, seeing some of the screenies of 5, and how there starting to use elements from the original suikodens, like traveling the map and stuff, the graphics for it are awsome, i believe 5 and especially 6, are going to be a huge success, only thing im pissed at, are they keep releasing new games in japan first, why the hell cant they hold it, till other region suikoden games are ready to be released aswell!!
I can understand your frustration if your from the uk but canada and the united states get the game a month after it comes out in japan! I find that really amazing...considering anime and video games used to be in japan for 2 to 3 years before they would come out in america...
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

oh, im from australia, so i dont think we get em till after use get it aswell, konami are being really tight with australians imo
LeeMcDohl

Re: suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

Post by LeeMcDohl »

son_michael wrote:Sars administer posted the below information on suikox

Kawano was interviewed in a Konami School blog (Konami School is where potentil Konami employees are trained for hire).

The Blog:

http://www.konamischool.jp/gc/archives/category2/blog/

Within, Kawano is asked the question what she would do with the series after PS3 is released, and she blurts out that she would like to add subtler effects such as movements of the wind to accentuate scenes. She then says, "anything more is top secret!" She then says that the genso suikoden team is looking for talented people who want to make new things, etc.

Well, knowing that neither Rhapsodia or Suikoden 5 is for the PS3, this prety much guarantees that Suikoden 6 is already in development. What a shocker, eh?

end of sars admin quote

wow so this is amazing! suikoden 6! omg on the ps3 no less! what does everybody think? is this a good thing or do you think suikoden is being too rushed? I think kawano is keeping the series alive and is really putting her heart and soul into suikoden! we might really go to the very end with suikoden and see all the true runes! omg im so excited! I cant believe suikoden could make life so good!
I think she is rushing to much.
But I can't deny that I 'm excited to see suiko6

Do you think it's possible that she will make suiko6 an upgrade on the characters expression?
I mean that will be cool if the main character can talk a bit more while the game shows their facial expressions etc.
"... in the end, terms such as "victory" or "defeat" will be irrelevant"
~Bishop Sasarai
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Considering the PS3 is supposed to be contraversial console in the "gaming world" the odds of upgraded character expressions is a possibility. There will be a lot of advanced features on it that would allow that kind of stuff to happen. Look at the X-Box 360. If the rumors of the PS3 being bigger than that are true then... well, you think of it.

Downpoint of Suikoden VI being released on the PS3 is that the console is going to cost a bucket load of money, heh.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Don't forget the ineviteble shortage of consoles at the release date.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

suikoden 1 christened the ps2 (I'm sorry, but really it did) as one of the greatest rpg's to arrive and so early too that it's just right that the ps3 be christened (figuratively speaking) with the next Suikoden

omg i can't wait :!:

....speculation of what rune will now be featured is surely underway !
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Destiny's Warrior wrote:Considering the PS3 is supposed to be contraversial console in the "gaming world" the odds of upgraded character expressions is a possibility. There will be a lot of advanced features on it that would allow that kind of stuff to happen.

Downpoint of Suikoden VI being released on the PS3 is that the console is going to cost a bucket load of money, heh.
it's going to cost $$$ regardless because it's a home entertainment piece, not so much a gaming console anymore ^^ but it'll fit right into my home theatre so I won't mind.. as for the advanced features.. I jus got this to say

More Jeane polygons :lol: :arrow: :twisted:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

PLease don't double post and what the hell do you mean by S1 christening the PS2? Suikoden 1 came out like... 5 years before the PS2.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I'm sure Konami released all these games together to keep Suikoden's fan base strong! lol. Plus, more people are starting to play Suikoden because its getting advertised a bit more.

"What, what is this...Suikoden...V...Hmm. I've never heard of this" said person goes to play it. "Wow, this is sooooo awesome! Im gonna go on ebay and buy the other games!"

The above happened to a friend of mine. Lucky for him I have all the games. Lol
Atreides

Re: suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

Post by Atreides »

LeeMcDohl wrote:
son_michael wrote:Sars administer posted the below information on suikox

Kawano was interviewed in a Konami School blog (Konami School is where potentil Konami employees are trained for hire).

The Blog:

http://www.konamischool.jp/gc/archives/category2/blog/

Within, Kawano is asked the question what she would do with the series after PS3 is released, and she blurts out that she would like to add subtler effects such as movements of the wind to accentuate scenes. She then says, "anything more is top secret!" She then says that the genso suikoden team is looking for talented people who want to make new things, etc.

Well, knowing that neither Rhapsodia or Suikoden 5 is for the PS3, this prety much guarantees that Suikoden 6 is already in development. What a shocker, eh?

end of sars admin quote

wow so this is amazing! suikoden 6! omg on the ps3 no less! what does everybody think? is this a good thing or do you think suikoden is being too rushed? I think kawano is keeping the series alive and is really putting her heart and soul into suikoden! we might really go to the very end with suikoden and see all the true runes! omg im so excited! I cant believe suikoden could make life so good!
I think she is rushing to much.
But I can't deny that I 'm excited to see suiko6

Do you think it's possible that she will make suiko6 an upgrade on the characters expression?
I mean that will be cool if the main character can talk a bit more while the game shows their facial expressions etc.
actually, imo, they rush in suikoden also a good thing, since 9 true runes (erm... am i right?) havent reveal, it probably still hv lot series to go, and at final it gonna be in harmonia for all 27 runes. if there are 9 series to go for each rune, and it take 2 years per game, it gonna take 18 years... to completely understand the whole suikoden world. since they did well in suikoden V, i guess they hv no problems to develope the game, the strong foundations are there... gameplay/musics & etc, mainly hv think for some good plots and new things only. that's y suikoden V developed faster than IV, those foundations from suikoden 2.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

actually, imo, they rush in suikoden also a good thing, since 9 true runes (erm... am i right?) havent reveal, it probably still hv lot series to go, and at final it gonna be in harmonia for all 27 runes. if there are 9 series to go for each rune, and it take 2 years per game, it gonna take 18 years... to completely understand the whole suikoden world. since they did well in suikoden V, i guess they hv no problems to develope the game, the strong foundations are there... gameplay/musics & etc, mainly hv think for some good plots and new things only. that's y suikoden V developed faster than IV, those foundations from suikoden 2.
Stop using hv for have or y for why.... And I really don't think they'll put all 27 True Runes in the last Suikoden. It would be too messy. The last one is most likely going to be centered around the Circle Rune.