suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I really doubt Microsoft would use so much money to just have shitty games released on it. But, that can be argued until the apocalypse.

I also doubt the relevance to the "new" interview with Kawano, which, ironically, isn't so new anymore.
Night

Post by Night »

son_michael wrote:even so...it pisses me off to have to pay over 300 bucks for a system. Ill do it ONLY if I have extra money in the bank or if I can build up money and put it in the bank until I have enough to buy it
How about around $800 dollars (given the current exchange rate)? Not to mention having to wait until March on top of that. Curse you Sony!
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

KFCrispy wrote:there could be a gaiden, doesn't mean suikoden 6
On that note, in one of the early King Blog entries, he said that in the early planning stages. Suikoden V was originally going to be another gaiden game. Then one of the higher ups said "why not just try Suikoden V?" And thus, their work ended up being Suikoden V.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

So would that mean there won't be anymore Gaidens since it'd be easier to label it the Nth game and have multiple teams working?

Or that there's a want for a gaiden game?
Basel

Post by Basel »

dragonmasterx wrote:Suikoden V was originally going to be another gaiden game. Then one of the higher ups said "why not just try Suikoden V?" And thus, their work ended up being Suikoden V.
The first statement is a bit misleading. I don't remember the translation saying that Suikoden V was supposed to be a gaiden. As you said, they were planning for a gaiden but this does not mean that Suikoden V was the gaiden they had in mind. Who knows, it could have been a gaiden for Suikoden IV, Tactics or even III.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Basel wrote:
dragonmasterx wrote:Suikoden V was originally going to be another gaiden game. Then one of the higher ups said "why not just try Suikoden V?" And thus, their work ended up being Suikoden V.
The first statement is a bit misleading. I don't remember the translation saying that Suikoden V was supposed to be a gaiden. As you said, they were planning for a gaiden but this does not mean that Suikoden V was the gaiden they had in mind. Who knows, it could have been a gaiden for Suikoden IV, Tactics or even III.
But in the 'early planning stages', those two ideas essentially describe the same thing.
Basel

Post by Basel »

But the scope of the idea is different. Do you think Konami would introduce a new True Rune in a gaiden? I doubt it.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'm leaning towards Basel's intepretation of that statement.

They probably wanted to work on a gaiden somewhere (a side story to which exact game in the series, who knows), but they were given to opportunity to instead work on a brand new installment proper. Somehow I cannot see the plot, setting and overall richness of Suikoden V being reduced to simply a gaiden title.
anotherbiffname

Post by anotherbiffname »

Night wrote:
son_michael wrote:even so...it pisses me off to have to pay over 300 bucks for a system. Ill do it ONLY if I have extra money in the bank or if I can build up money and put it in the bank until I have enough to buy it
How about around $800 dollars (given the current exchange rate)? Not to mention having to wait until March on top of that. Curse you Sony!
U do know that the PS3 is region free you can always import it if you are extremely lucky on getting one
Night

Post by Night »

Ah true, but the import tax will no doubt be extortionate (if it gets caught, of course).

However, I'm not sure that the console itself will be region-free, just that the Bluray discs will be (because they're so big, they can have all versions on the same disc). So the PS3 won't be able to play European PS2 and PS1 games, or European DVDs. I don't know if there might be issues with playing US games online as well. Like with the PSP, you can play US games but you can't access European servers with them.

*Edit* Plus I work for Game, so I get staff discount! :)
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Thalion

Post by Thalion »

The makers of Suikoden have always been kind of sneaky about when they come out. There's no big ads for them, and they're sadly overshadowed by the hype of a Final Fantasy when they're released. It's kind of a game, you gotta get it as soon as you can in stores. It's not as 'popular' as Final Fantasy but people buy them up the moment they hit the shelves. I got my copy of V the day it came out, came back a week later and there wasn't a single copy in the mall.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

patapi wrote:I'm leaning towards Basel's intepretation of that statement.

They probably wanted to work on a gaiden somewhere (a side story to which exact game in the series, who knows), but they were given to opportunity to instead work on a brand new installment proper. Somehow I cannot see the plot, setting and overall richness of Suikoden V being reduced to simply a gaiden title.
Sakiyama was supposed to direct a Gaiden for Suikoden, but he was basically seconded to the Suikoden 5 project by another senior director. At that point, the gaiden plan was scrapped.
Sagiri

Re: suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

Post by Sagiri »

Though I am crazy for a new Suikoden game, it can't be on the PS3. Family money issues are never a good thing so I can't afford one.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
avenger

Post by avenger »

well i think we'll see a suikoden game soon enough because i think konami has introduced its' line up for 2010 at the 2009 game thingi.. that's what i read anyway kay?
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I do NOT WANT a suikoden for the ps3. I'm happy with what i have.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.