How long do you think the suikoden series will span for

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
killey

Post by killey »

We may know of 20 true runes but for runes like the rune of change and yuber's rune next to nothing is known about them - there's probably 10 runes at the very least that need information about them and then you've got the past and future of other runes such as the rune of the beginning (it cant remain seperated forever) There could be 10 suikodens easily.
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

Hxc Flavor wrote:I'm not positive but I think he's basing his opinions on what he's seen so far. Obviously to Anamanaguchi the previews proved to be northing worthwhile for him to play or important to the Suikoden series. I'm probably wrong but whatever, I tried.
Or, and I leave myself pretty open to like criticism here, he's a troll.

People who say this is cool or this sucks without even having "this" in their hand or having experienced "This" in any way save 5 pictures on a web site aren't really trying to further conversation. They are throwing out a few words and proudly calling it an "opinion".

Of course, that's only my opinion. :twisted:
What you think I was born this way?
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

I understand the limitations of the RPG genre. There's only so much you can do. And Suikoden's "gimick" of the 108 stars of destiny, the evolving fortress, the combo attacks, all pale in comparison to what I think is one of the coolest things in RPG history, the world that is the background. I admitted elsewhere that I was a mark. I have no trouble with that; the first two games had me hooked. The third game I adored and while I found the fourth disappointing in many regards, I added one more piece to the puzzle that is the living world that makes up Suikoden.
I have enjoyed the visual similarities and differences with the first 4 games and the 5th promises much in this regard; the Queendom of Fallyah (spelling?) is (in the limited views I have had) stunning and the character design is top notch, I have been impressed that so many characters over the course of eight games (soon to be nine) that they've managed the amount of personality they have.

but I digress, as for the future: I could see maybe three or four more games without back tracking over where we've been before. I would love to see more games. But there is precious little left by way of game play tweaks without abandoning much that makes Suikoden what it is. I'll miss it when it's over, but I will have enjoyed the tale.

Perhaps the last game will allow us to finally travel the entire world? That'd be pretty nifty.
What you think I was born this way?
wilkamania

Post by wilkamania »

The Suikoden World is almost (if not on par) with the whole Lord of the Rings type thing.

It seems small characters become major characters in sequels (well with the exception of IV...Ugly ugly game...)

Apple and Leon Silverburg were minor (meaning you can complete the game without them) in part I, major (crucial to the story) in part II

Lucia, Luc, Sasarai briefly brushed upon in part II, Major roles in part III

Part IV was sort of a stand alone though (and I really really didn't like part IV because of everything)

And now Georg Prime, a minor character of II is major in part V. Who knows who else.

It'll have as much as final fantasy I hope, except there will be a small thread connecting everything.

Point of the story...Suikoden's going to be around for a while.

On a side note, (i know this should go into a plot thread) But does anyone else think Hugo is Jowy's child. They even look alike, but lucia gets pregnant RIGHT AFTER part II. anyways, I heart Suikoden
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Hugo is not Jowy's child. Hugo's father has black hair.

As for how Suikoden will expand, I think we will gain far more information on how all the worlds are interrelated and and gain more revelation on the path that the Suikoden World is on.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

they definitely need to introduce the 'other side of the world'. i hope it's not just Viki's seriously-screwly-land/dimension. but we're pretty much working on half a globe, assuming it is a sphere.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Agreed. Not only is there a whole 'nother continent (according to some folks), but there's also other dimensions to visit too!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea, I have a feeling the suikoden series will continue for at least 4 to 5 more years, it will continue even after all the true runes are revealed because its getting popular
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

4-5 years? That's crazy talk! At the most they'd only be able to get out 2 more games. I'd venture to say that we're in it for the long haul. At least another 4 games, unless they just include a whole bunch of runes in 1 installment like they did in Suikoden III.... even though we already kind of suspected those true runes.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well when I say 4 or 5 years I was thinking like a game a year

so bassically like 4 or 5 games left
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Unless they've already began work on Suikoden 6-10, then I severely doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have.
Neclord'sAdvocate

Post by Neclord'sAdvocate »

no way. i'm a really big fan of Suikoden, but that might be. . . too painful. anyway, i highly doubt Suikoden will have 4-5 more games. of course, i can't speak of anything definite, all i'm saying is what goes around in my puny brain. if Suikoden manages to get back the great qualities of S1 and S2, then i'd be much willing to accept any ideas of future Suikoden speculations. S4 was just too great a disappointment to get my mind off, well, disappointing results again.
---------------------
Neclord: "Even in the forest, not just at night, during your work, praise the King." -excerpt from Suikoden 1

Cela va sans dire.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

As long as Suikoden gives money to konami, we should see Suikodens.

I mean what Company would turn down something profitable?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well, some companies, unlike Capcom, know when to end a series and begin work on something new and exciting.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="Angelis_Taleria"]Well, some companies, unlike Capcom, know when to end a series and begin work on something new and exciting.[/quote]

I understand your words but I dont get you. We are talking about konami´s rpg franchise (sp) not about a little game. Can you think of Square turning down FF? Nintendo doing so with Mario Bros or Zelda?
It is clear for me it wont last forever, but as long as Konami see Suikoden profitable...