How long do you think the suikoden series will span for

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Destiny's Warrior

How long do you think the suikoden series will span for

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Just writing to see how long you think it will last. I hope konami make a big series just like the final fantasy series i think they should because we have yet to see more of the true runes.
Last edited by Destiny's Warrior on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Just a little tip, it's "series" not serious.

I think that depends on how well the next one does. If it flops like Suikoden IV did I think they will stop making them. Otherwise, I can see it going on for a long time.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

oh yeah. that's why i didn't understand the thread.xD

i've read (way way back) that s5 will be the last and will end with yuber and pesmerga's resolution. but i don't think it will.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: How long do you think the suikoden serious will span for

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

destinys warrior wrote:Just writing to see how long you think it will last. I hope konami make a big serious just like the final fantasy serious i think they should because we have yet to see more of the true runes.
I should hope not. What Square is doing with FF is different than what Konami is doing with Suikoden. Due to the large plot of Suikoden I can imagine it going to 10+ but I do not want it to be a never ending story(and I use the term loosely in reference to -) Final Fantasy, which , in the past few years, has become nothing but a display of how best to utilize the PS2s Graphics and FFCC was just a cashcrop for both Nintendo and Square, so lets hope Suikoden doesn't drop that low.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Hey! Square-Enix makes great games and the FF series are very good.But its true that Suikoden games will probably go to about 7 but absolutely not 10(maybe if you count the suikogaidens and card storys but lets keep it on the Genso's).

10 true runes.A couple of True Rune pictures(sovereign, etc..).Yuber and Pesmerga(not neccesarily Pesmerga but deffinitly Yuber).Windy : dead or Alive, and so on....

We will see alot of Suikodens....
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Probably it will last until all the true runes are revealed. Then it returns to remake versions or something like that. My predictions are that the last Suikoden game are going to be the story of Hikusaak (I'm not going to bet, in case I'm wrong).
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Joveeno wrote:Probably it will last until all the true runes are revealed. Then it returns to remake versions or something like that. My predictions are that the last Suikoden game are going to be the story of Hikusaak (I'm not going to bet, in case I'm wrong).
First of al They might make the story of Hikusaak but it'l be a Gaiden like game but not a genso.However I am fairly sure that the last Genso ill be in the future(after S3) in hAmronia and the Tenkai might have the Circle Rune.

Also Remakes will probably never come cause face it, the Suikoden sales arn't good enough.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

I dunno if they can keep it up. Its going to be quite repetative when about 10 other countries found there freedom the same way...
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
Dark_Kain_24

Post by Dark_Kain_24 »

The only reason Suikoden dosn't sell well (which isn't the case in Japan) is because they don't do anything at all to make the series well known in North America and even if you do know of them they are extremly hard to find.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

The thing about final fantasy is that it never had a overall plot, it reused the GF's/Aeons and such but in a differnent world etc. The name 'Final Fantasy' literally shows their policy in making them in that they make each game as if it was the last.

To be honest I'm not sure on the suikoden series, IV was annoying with the over use of the sea map and the ricdiclous encounter enemy rate with loading times etc. Ultimately you can only go far with 'get a army, stop the bad guy and collect all 108 for the good ending' its more linear than final fantasy and that's suikoden's weak point. I don't want the series going forever as I would like an ending to the comming final conflict with order and choas that luc speant most of S3 dooming us about.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Assuming that Rhapsodia is not Suikoden 5 but a kind of spin-off title. Do you think that Suikoden 5 will be on the next generation console. How do you think this will impact graphics, sound, gameplay and such.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

When the next suikoden comes on PS3 then the only thing I expect is better graphics given that you expect better and rightly you should as the games and consoles do not come cheaply. At the sametime I don't think gameplay should be a problem espacilly for konami. The only challenge will be to meet expectations, detail in graphics and gameplay has become more demnding with each console that comes. Suikoden has fared better succses during PS1 however it has been the opposite during its time on PS2 where it has had a mixed result overall espacilly when 3 was shelved from comming to europe. So I would say expectations for it will be high when it goes on PS3 as its a chance for a new start and to be the next big thing and closen lead as an alternative to the final fantasy series.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

If they keep up with nonsense like Suikoden IV and Rhapsodia. Then it will not last very long.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Obviously nonsense can be a good sell. Look what happened with Square and the Final Fantasy series. The games becamse ridiculous but people just ate it up. It's all about how good of marketing tactics a company has.

My hopes are the games will continue to be good, and last until there is nothing left to be told about the Suikoden world.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

The Final Fantasy releases were actually good. (Up to about FFX. X-2 blew ass) I'm just not too sure about XI, XII and the rest that will soon be released. I did like FF Tactics Advance and the whole setting so maybe Final Fantasy XII will have something good about it. The insane looking judge on the cover art is interesting. Since the judges have pretty much absolute power in the world of Ivalice.