Suikoden 5 (Wars of Time)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
miggypig

Suikoden 5 (Wars of Time)

Post by miggypig »

I got a new idea. How about S5 is set in the future, maybe 10 years after S4 and a guy doesn't like the ways the wars have turned out. He is a mighty warrior and also a good magician (of the runes, silly) and he discovers a certain secret shrine where a person of pure nobility can possess the power to control Time and Space. The guy uses this to make countries like Highland win instead and it's up to you, his cousin or brother or whatever, to stop him and make history right again. You are his relation so you can also possess this power. On the way you collect 108 Stars of Destiny again, but this time you get them mixed up from all eras!!! Futch and Bright in S3 could be fighting alongside Humphrey in S2!!! Of course, the evil guy will try to make friends with Barbarosa or whoever he is and Luca Blight, bla bla so you have to fight them. I think this would be a rad game and please share your opinions with me. Thanks for reading. :)
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Sounds like just another way to get all the "old favourites" back again to me.

I'd rather have a new story and characters rather than the same stuff recycled over and over.
Purr.
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

actually i think it sound okay but it should be further down when there r more heroes with him.and what if the main char is someone with mediocre skills n instead depend on wits and loyalty to gain SoDs.......lol....after all by then lots of powerful heroes will be with him and it will be nice to have someone who is not very strong for a change.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Pollensalta wrote:Sounds like just another way to get all the "old favourites" back again to me.

I'd rather have a new story and characters rather than the same stuff recycled over and over.
Agreed, but this appears to be what the majority of fans want... but then again, since when has the majority known what's good.

Novel idea, but no. I don't fancy the entire time traveling idea but thats just my personal preference. Besides, what incentive would Barbarosa and Luca have to work with someone else during their own respective campaigns the same goes for past SoDs.

I just hope that when Suikoden 5 comes out that it takes place after the death of the majority of S1 and S2 characters. Then perhaps everyone will get over this idea of having them come back. That or beg for a game to be created within the frame that exist between S1 and S2 or S2 and S3.

Edit: Umm , shouldn't this be in the Suikoden 5 - What do you want to see? thread. Afterall, this is what you want to see in Suikoden 5. Not to mention we don't need another 100 OMG T3h Viktor! I want him bak! filled threads similar to this one.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Isn't this a fanfic?And isn't that against the rules here?(why am I obbsessed about the forum rules these last few days?)

Akay lets see.
First point: I do not like the idea(not that its bad) because we need to move on.We know time travel is possible in both future and past(Its one thing to go into the future but another to go back in the past.And viki has shown that its possible during S4) but we need to move on with this 'get the old gus who are to old now to play in S5 (if after S3) back' gig.Bringin them back would be FAR too confusing for some things.We would not know whether or not Barbarossa survived the fall or not(If they don't tell it) and so on.Also there would be time travel paradoxes beyond your imagination.It would not do good as an RPG if its revolved around time travel.Okay there are games that have timet ravel in theyre plots but its more of a gamplay element and HOW it is possible is almost never completely explained but in an RPG like Suikoden they would have too explain it.

Second point: S5 will not be about Time Travel! How many times have I heard this already!?Its really getting on my nerves that people want the old guys back!(no offense though.I just like to empathise my sentences :D ) If time travel would be in the next Suikoden then it will have but a small role in the plot(a Viki sidequest maybe?) but it will stay plotwise and not be a gameplay element.

In other words: Stop thinking about time travel in S5.Its not going to happen.
Maybe in S Tactics.Then it might be possible.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Too bad man. I thought the idea about 2 days ago and thought that it should be good as a game. Hopefully a S6 with virtual reality (if it will exist) should have this cool thing. My future dream is to work with a company like Konami or Square Enix. Maybe when I join (hopefully) I should recommend this idea to liven it up a bit.
Night

Post by Night »

There's also a problem with this bit:
I got a new idea. How about S5 is set in the future, maybe 10 years after S4 and a guy doesn't like the ways the wars have turned out.
But S4 is in the past. So 10 years after S4 is still 'in the past' from our viewpoint. Yet it's in the future (fro mthe view of S4). Therefore this magician guy would have to be from the future, yet would decide to stage this huge event in the past, rather than in his own time? So he's going back (from the future, or possibly back to the future :wink: ) to change the future (from then, which is the past to him) by using characters from the past by taking them to a time which is in the past to them, but the future of S4?

OUCH :shock:
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Don't confuse me dude!!! What i'm saying is that 10 years after S4 journey ends, this will occur. Evil guy want's to change history by changing the past. He will stay in the past, going from S1 scenario till S4 scenario. Then you win the game in the S4 scenario.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Just as long as Crowley, Yuber, and Neclord are back, I'm fine...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

you know what.. it sounds like kingdom hearts! hahaha

me too, i don't like the idea of time travel.. chances are they will be more plotholes than the 108 stars of destiny! xD

but ya know.. s3 went to the extremes.. world destruction..
amelia108

hrrm...

Post by amelia108 »

chrono trigger was the only time travel rpg i can think of that was actually good. you know why? because there wasn't any continuity tied to it. it was one of a kind and it was great without being cheesy.

this being said, i dont wanna go around and screw with old events that have been set in stone in the suikoden universe. it just sounds too annoying and confusing.

edit: now if they did something like ocarina of time... you know, not messing with past events but just simply going through two different time periods, that would be alright, but it'd be much more of just a cute little gameplay idea other than the whole premise of the game.
Last edited by amelia108 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

yes. imagine, you get this character in s2 timeline then bring them in s5's timeline to participate in a war. what will happen to this character in his original timeline?

we're already confused with viki and adding more characters doing time travel will make the players crazy!
Akito_Tenkawa
Elite Member

Hm.

Post by Akito_Tenkawa »

That has some good points in it, but having that much power would be.. iffy? Plus, tieing those characters together through the story would be cool, but I think it'd be best following the time directly after IV, with a new conflict in a new remote/exotic region.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Well, I like the idea of time travelling but, as we can see, in any movies of else we know, time travelling and bringing back or forth people from their time to ours will ruin the balance of universe (I wonder since when I started talking stuff like this). In other words, if you bring a Tenkoku star from S3 to S5, what will happen to the person who is supposed to be the Tenkoku star in that time? Vanish into thin air? I'm confused already with two Vikis in S3, and I'm not going to make my head spin again to discuss time-travelling.

It's good to have the oldies back, but I prefer have them back as stories or text , not characters.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

What I'm saying is that the evil guy (let's call him AJ) participates in the Scarlet Moon War, Dunan Unification War blah blah to make the enemy win. First you travel on your own to Suikoden 1 where you set history back to how it is. You gain the Stars of Destiny and time in S1 freezes so that the Stars of Destiny can return back to their own period once they're done. With them you move on to S2. You stay going on like that until you reach S4. That's when you kill AJ. You send back all the SoD to their timeline and erase their memories so that it will be like nothing ever happened. GET IT NOW?!? :twisted: