Suikoden 5 - Graphics or story

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

Only Paris Hilton takes style over substance. :D

And the first two games had wonderful graphics. The game is made up of all things story, music, visuals. If story was all that mattered, we'd be playing text games. Suikoden has been known for it's music and so we can't forget the mood stuff.

But if I had to choose, an engrossing story is what makes you play the game from beginning to end. Substance over Style please.
What you think I was born this way?
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

Definitely Story. I dont mind the graphics. and with the looks of suikoden V's graphics, that's okay with me.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden 5 - Graphics or story

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hmmm it's interesting to go back to an old thread about a game that was released. I personally think they worked more on story then graphics in the end. But, the graphics were quite good, they were just more artisitic then technically proficient.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I would deffinatley like a better story and have bad graphics, although i have liked all of the stories in all suikodens (even 4!) and i have liked the graphics in each of the games ( although if i had to choose i would say that 2 and 3 had the worse graphics, although 2 was great i found that alot of places were rather dull and not colorful like suikoden 1)
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Story. well-built events and twists and grerat side stories.

The cutscene graphics was good but the graphics of ther spells are....(sorry for the word) corny.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Author

Post by Author »

As long as the character drawing isn't as bad as S1 or the graphics isn't like the 90's, because seriously, how can you take that seriously...

But story away! The story of S5 was really good and I commend the graphics. I liked the battle graphics and war in S3 best though.

I also agree the animation of the spells was horrible. I think I commend S3 for doing a good job. Even S2 did a better job.

Look at Pokemon. It's all 2D, the graphics gets better and better -- and sure there's no real plot, but you get what I mean.

Suikoden didn't have to go to 3D, but I don't mind that much. I didn't like the 3D of S3 and Tactics though. It's so...square.
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

Suikoden 1 has good graphics? Maybe in its time, but not today!

A little from column A, a little from column B

That's my choice!

Also the battle system graphics of Suikoden 5 weren't that great. I mean many Rune attacks looked the same (Final Flame & Empty World, Breath of Ice & Pale Palace) Even when a special Rune like Belcoot's Falcon Rune is used (Along with many other Command Runes) you'd see him, raising his hand, moving close to a target, and slash! No special effects, no nothing!

It simply turned me off.
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I'm a great fan of this series but I just couldn't play Suikoden IV or V. For me, IV just took too long with the sailing around... and the camera view of Suikoden V just bugged the hell out of me. It was enough for me to not finish the game.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I thought the story of 5 was excellent and the graphics were great as well, just wish they would have put more into the rune animations in battle. Nothing tops Suikoden 3's awesome rune animations.