I want old dudes back

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

white_ninja wrote:
I very much agree , i would like to see (more) connections with the previous suikoden games .
Thanks White Ninja, I dont know about you but when I played Suikoden 2 for the first time I was excited to see characters from the previous suikodens. For example Viktor and Flik in Suikoden 2. Genius I thought. And also while Im here itwouldnt be to bad if previous characters played a bigger role.

For Example, Humphrey was an important character in Suikoden 1 however after recruiting him you never see him at all in suikoden 2 it would have been awesome if they had a qiuck cutscene between him, viktor and flik because they were the original members of the liberation army.[/quote]
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rune of Illusion wrote:Tir came back in Suikoden 2 and had a minuscule role in the game.

Characters should come back if they have interesting unfinished stories to them. But don't just bring back characters that are done with just to have them back. If would be such a travesty if Konami continuously brought back fan favorite characters.
But McDohl's return was no more than a bonus for those who played the original Suikoden. He was never meant to have a major plot role in II to begin with, considering the loop hole that would be created in games where players did not do the save transfer.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I agree to a a certain extent. If Tir had a big role in Suikoden 2 it would have over shadowed other characters. Im suggesting that Tir or other heroes could return in the future and have a big role from the beginning. Tir was the very original hero and it would be a shame if he and the other heroes just dissapeared.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Rune of Illusion wrote:Tir came back in Suikoden 2 and had a minuscule role in the game.

Characters should come back if they have interesting unfinished stories to them. But don't just bring back characters that are done with just to have them back. If would be such a travesty if Konami continuously brought back fan favorite characters.
Well said.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

nephlabobo wrote:

Well said.
agree with you both , yea we dont want the old heros or SoD's to over shadow the new hero , haveing more to do with previous games and perhapse (some) of the loose-ends tied up would be nice.
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

The characters I personally would like to see return just so that we can learn more about them are Leknaat, Jeane, Viki, Crowley, Mazus, Lorelai, Killey, Zweig, Pesmerga, and Yuber.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Would you care to say why? This is better for discussion than just listing off a list of names.
Mekoveya

Post by Mekoveya »

Auragaea wrote:The characters I personally would like to see return just so that we can learn more about them are Leknaat, Jeane, Viki, Crowley, Mazus, Lorelai, Killey, Zweig, Pesmerga, and Yuber.
What more is there for us to learn about Leknaat? Tons. But in learning about her, and in learning about Jeane, Viki, and the list of characters who seem to know about the Sindar, it seems as though we would learn too much about the world of Suikoden- Too much in the sense that, where would they go from there? The mystery would be gone, and the mystery is half of the fun. Granted they wouldn't have to answer all of the questions, and I would love to know more about any of those characters

It has been said at some point by someone at Konami, that the battle between Pesmerga and Yuber would be a showdown so great, it would have to be saved for the final Suikoden. Now, that isn't exactly what they said, but I've always been under the impression that when they get around to making the game in which we learn about them, what they are and why they are- there won't be any more Suikoden's to make. I'd love to know more about the story as well, I just hope that the person who said that didn't have the approiate foresight to see where the series would end up.

Who do I want to see? Pilika. We already know that her childhood was interesting, what with how she got caught up in a war and the affairs of a royal family- but what happened to her later? She doesn't even need to be a payable character. Really, I'd like to see her as a mayor of a small town.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I think it would be great if Leknaat became a playable character. Lets say she had to fight for one reason or another. Zweig was a very interesting character who I would like to know more about. Although he has a very mysterious feeling in the beginning he kinda loses that later in the game. Pesmerga and Yuber for sure. When will that legendary rivalry ever play out!!
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

We barely know anything about the Sindar. A Sindar centric game is certainly something I wouldn't mind seeing.

A few more concrete answers would be nice anyway.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

nephlabobo wrote:We barely know anything about the Sindar. A Sindar centric game is certainly something I wouldn't mind seeing.

A few more concrete answers would be nice anyway.
Well, Killey and Lorelei were heading towards Kanakan next so my best bet is if the game's in Kanakan we're bound to see more Sindar. A lot of things are pretty interesting and a lot of it has to do with Killey, like when he said, "A person like you will never open a path to the Sindar" to Lorelei or Killey's Crimson Pilgrims or the tree Killey's tips led Zwieg or the fact he knows that Sindar hunters rarely find something of importance (thus why he called Alex lucky) and of course, when you take Killey to recruit Lorelei he says he found a hint of importance thanks to Lorelei getting him thrown in jail. So if it's based with the Sindar we'll defintely see all three of our Sindar hunters again (which would rock) and who knows? Maybe we'll find out more about Jeane's history (speculation).
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

Oppenheimer wrote:Would you care to say why? This is better for discussion than just listing off a list of names.
Auragaea wrote:The characters I personally would like to see return just so that we can learn more about them are Leknaat, Jeane, Viki, Crowley, Mazus, Lorelai, Killey, Zweig, Pesmerga, and Yuber.
Mekoveya wrote:
What more is there for us to learn about Leknaat? Tons. But in learning about her, and in learning about Jeane, Viki, and the list of characters who seem to know about the Sindar, it seems as though we would learn too much about the world of Suikoden- Too much in the sense that, where would they go from there? The mystery would be gone, and the mystery is half of the fun. Granted they wouldn't have to answer all of the questions, and I would love to know more about any of those characters

It has been said at some point by someone at Konami, that the battle between Pesmerga and Yuber would be a showdown so great, it would have to be saved for the final Suikoden. Now, that isn't exactly what they said, but I've always been under the impression that when they get around to making the game in which we learn about them, what they are and why they are- there won't be any more Suikoden's to make. I'd love to know more about the story as well, I just hope that the person who said that didn't have the approiate foresight to see where the series would end up.

Who do I want to see? Pilika. We already know that her childhood was interesting, what with how she got caught up in a war and the affairs of a royal family- but what happened to her later? She doesn't even need to be a payable character. Really, I'd like to see her as a mayor of a small town.
I said I would like to learn MORE about them, not EVERYTHING about them.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay, but why are they so interesting in the first place that you would like to learn more about them?
What more about them do you want to know? What they eat for breakfast? What their favourite colour is?
I'm just asking you to be more specific so we have a basis for conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Oppenheimer wrote:Okay, but why are they so interesting in the first place that you would like to learn more about them?
What more about them do you want to know? What they eat for breakfast? What their favourite colour is?
lol. Now that you mention it I'm not really sure what I would like to know about certain characters. Characters like Pesmerga are naturally interesting because we know absolutely nothing about them. For Pes it would be were did he come from and why is he chasing yuber but normal characters like Zweig are'nt that mysterious or secretive. I guess I would like to see more of him in future Suikodens
Fury

Post by Fury »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
Oppenheimer wrote:Okay, but why are they so interesting in the first place that you would like to learn more about them?
lol. Now that you mention it I'm not really sure what I would like to know about certain characters. Characters like Pesmerga are naturally interesting because we know absolutely nothing about them. For Pes it would be were did he come from and why is he chasing yuber but normal characters like Zweig are'nt that mysterious or secretive. I guess I would like to see more of him in future Suikodens
Expanding on that, I want to see a fight between Yuber and Pesmerga. We're all told that they battled after the events of Suikoden II, but it was a draw where Yuber escaped.

I want another battle, but not THE battle. No victor, just a conflict, just to assure us that it's still going on.

Zweig did lose his mystique throughout the game. Instead of being the mysterious and dangerous man he was played up to be, he turned out to be just some normal guy that tended to be nice. Not a good turn.

What's interesting about many characters are their uniqueness, or rather the lack of people that are like them. Nobody is quite like Killey. There are Sindar hunters, but none with the constant mysteriousness like Killey. He obviously comes from a clan, so how about we find out about that?

We know that Valeria, Anita, and Belcoot trained under Master Haia in Kanakan to master sword techniques. Quite a skilled guy. It makes you wonder what other swordsmen/women are out there.

The Howling Voice Guild has always held a sway over gamers simply because they use guns. We always want to know more about them and about what other missions they do.

Just a few things.