I want old dudes back

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I'd rather see more about Geddoe and crew, particularly Joker, Jacques and Queen than Duke and his crew.

Granted, we don't know much about them, but they don't seem as interesting as the "main" guys.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If we had a game in Harmonia then it would be interesting to have a bit of extra info on Geddoe's crew. They wouldn't have to be main characters or anything but some side info on them would be good.
Jowy Atreides wrote: Kawano has said in the past that the current incarnation of the Suikoden team has not forgotten about these two characters, and that they'll use them eventually, probably keeping Murayama's "rules" in mind (last game, etc.)
Ah, I didn't know that. Strange how they are avoiding them so much right now. The fans they get from IV and V aren't going to have a clue who Pessy and Yuber are if they don't reintroduce them soon. I wonder if they were just saying that to placate fans and have no intention of following up on it. I doubt they'll even know when the "last game" is. They'll just keep going until fandom wains and then stop, I doubt they'll have enough warning to decide on a finale.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

It would'nt surprise me at all if the series kept going strong that they did the Yuber/Pessy confrontation earlier or even based the strory of that particular Suikoden was placed around that story. Maybe it could turn out that Pessy is evil and Yuber is good for some un-usual reason. But thats why they have writers at Konami i guess.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I would rather learn more about Jeane or Hikusaak than those two. Yuber is most likely a demon since he is summoned from a spell. He has the Eight Devil Rune a true rune by the way. Richmond describes Pesmerga as a shadow pretty much. The rune isn't called Eight Devil for nothing. Only time will tell if I am right.

I believe fans of these two have exploded their status to astronomical levels. That whole avatar of chaos and darhma thing was started by fans. If the new creators say they haven't forgotten them then they will get around to them eventually. When you think about it they wasn't at all important in Suikoden I and II. Pesmerga wasn't even in Suikoden III and Yuber didn't say anything about him either. I just started with the manga, so I will see what happens there.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

Jeane yes. Hikusaak or whatever I'd pass on. I always kind of envisioned him as a taller version of Barbaross from Suikoden I. I think learning about Crowley/Warlock/ the other main wizards would be really nice. Either them, or Pesmerga and Yuber.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hikusaak will look like Luc and Sasarai although older, since they're his clones.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

He is older in terms of chronological age, but would he actually "look" older?
Fury

Post by Fury »

Doubt it, not with a True Rune, assuming he still has it.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Depends when he got the True Rune.
Pokerface

Re: I want old dudes back

Post by Pokerface »

Well, I took my time to read everything here and I also have my favourites. Of course we all wish the good old Ladies and Gentlemen in Suikoden. Well, here are my personal heroes who I wish to have in the next Suikoden.

Suikoden 1 = Kage, Fuma, Kasumi, Futch, Kirke, Hellion, Crowley, Sonya Shulen, Milich Oppenheimer, Kasim Hasil, Camille, Valeria, Vincent de Boule, Clive, Pesmerga, Humpfrey and Fliktor!
Suikoden 2 = Shu, Miklotov, Camus, Simone Verdricci, Georg Prime, Gilbert, Ridley Wizen, Gijimu, Bob, Mazus and Nanami.
Suikoden 3 = Augustine, Lucia, Beechum, Ayla, Geddoe with his mercenaries and his Rival with his Team, Sasarai with his Councelor (forgot his name)
Suikoden 4 = well... it happened about 150 years before Suikoden 1... I guess the only survivor would be Lazlo en Kuldes.
Suikoden Tactics = well... Kyril would be the only survivor...I guess..
Suikoden 5 = Belcoot, Toma as an adult Queen's Knight, Shigure, Oboro, Wilhelm, Mueller, Richard, Lymsleia as an adult and Queen of Falena, Zegai, Haleth, Egbert, Rahal, Roog, Craig Laden, Nick and Yoran as adults, Lucretia Merces (I love this woman :D), Boz Wilde, General Dinn, Luserina Barows.

Well and I would like to see the main heroes in the next Suikoden Game:

-Tir McDohl = one of the most impressive Heroes ever
-Riou = he might be a little shy, but very very interesting and sympatic Hero.
-Jowy = the other part of the team. A very intelligent and charismatic young man.
-Hugo of Karaya = I like this hothead :) As the new Chief of Karaya he might be a storng Man now.
-Chris Lightfellow = Well this is a Lady Knight like I always wanted to have.
-Geddoe = This exactly the type of Hero I like. Not a silent protagonist, a little talkative. A great fighter and Runeuser.
-Thomas = although he hasn't a true rune, but I liked the way he was. A castle master, good administrator and businessman in that young age.
-Lazlo en Kuldes = I want to know how his story continues.
-Kyril = see Lazlo
-Freyjador Falenas = The prince is also a very interesting charakter.. I also want to know about his story with Lyon.

That's my wishlist my friends :)

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de