I want old dudes back

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Kika's... not really a good example. I'd write another essay, but I got completely off topic with the Snowe one, so what say we confine this to PM?
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

not necesary :P

well when posts like that go so far, its normal they go offtopic

but its obvious all ppl want some old ( suiko I-III ) chars in next suikodens ( before I-III or not )

what kind of char depends only on ppl:

younger than appeared, older, friends, family or enemies, descendents, masters or padawans, etc, there are a world of possible options

if konami tells me one pj to put in suiko VI i will say Edge ( i really like true runes "bearers" that do almost nothing to the general plot of the series )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I just don't understand how anyone can prefer Snowe over Jowy...

Anyways, I went shopping on Friday (went to Japan for a couple of days) and got the Suikoden V soundtrack....

along with

Persona 3
Xenosaga III
Final Fantasy 12 (Limited Edition)

sountracks. After listening to it last night, I definitely prefer the SV soundtrack over SIV. SIV's soundtrack is just too bland, overall, for me.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

nephlabobo wrote:I just don't understand how anyone can prefer Snowe over Jowy...

sountracks. After listening to it last night, I definitely prefer the SV soundtrack over SIV. SIV's soundtrack is just too bland, overall, for me.
It may have a psichologic reason considering how rpgs work: getting experience and raising your level. And once Snowe realizes how wrong he was, the player has some need to redeem him.

Dude I dont think you like then the SIII soundtrack.
Iris

Post by Iris »

As far as I go, I act on what the characters (in this case, Lazlo) would do based upon their personality, rarely intervening for my own personal quest to get the good ending.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Fu Su Lu wrote: Dude I dont think you like then the SIII soundtrack.
Funny you say that, because I actually bought it before Suiko III came out in North America. I hadn't even played the game when I bought it.

I listened to it once and wanted to hurl it out the window.

I played Suiko III again a few months ago and it's aged alot better than I expected - though there are still some pretty bland songs on the soundtrack.
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

one of the many reasion i liked suikoden 2 so much is becouse there was so many returning chars from suikoden 1

I think S2 has had the most returning chars out of all the suikodens so far

yea i know you cant have to many returning chars but perhapse like 20 out of the 108 ? what do you guys think?
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I would say 10 (15 max) is a good number.

I'd prefer about 10
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

isnt the same the return of tuta, than return of viktor
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

white_ninja wrote:one of the many reasion i liked suikoden 2 so much is becouse there was so many returning chars from suikoden 1

I think S2 has had the most returning chars out of all the suikodens so far

yea i know you cant have to many returning chars but perhapse like 20 out of the 108 ? what do you guys think?
More than 70% of Tactics' characters were returning characters from IV.

So, did you like it more than II because of they had so many MORE returning characters?
white_ninja

Post by white_ninja »

not at all , your misunderstanding me , im saying a (few more) and i would be happyer , the onley probley with makeing 648 chars in the suikoden world is that were missing out on some realey likeable and intresting chars returning .
pogoss

Post by pogoss »

the only one I want back is the first hero 8)
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

For me I would like new heroes that has no connection to other characters. It would be cool if they return in another game but for a minimum of 2 times only. That's what i like about victor,flick,neclord etc. because they finished their stories and never came back to be just extra characters so the fans would be excited.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Tir came back in Suikoden 2 and had a minuscule role in the game.

Characters should come back if they have interesting unfinished stories to them. But don't just bring back characters that are done with just to have them back. If would be such a travesty if Konami continuously brought back fan favorite characters.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I think that its a real shame you have'nt seen more of previous suikoden heroes. I think it would be real cool if in one of the future suikodens a few of the old heroes had formed there own army to fight whichever evil had come around. Lead by Tir of course.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.