I want old dudes back

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mountain_Giant

I want old dudes back

Post by Mountain_Giant »

I truly miss guys from suikoden1.....I hope in suikoden5 u can go all way to scarlet moon empire and get there some old buddies like six generals kwanda,kazim etc....i would love to know how things go there...i loved scarlet moon empire world most off all...ahh and even if u can recruit neclord,yuber uhhhh would be too cool...suikoden series truly got potential....i want suikoden REVOLUTION!i truly loved to use six generals as my characters so they must be back!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yuber is play-able, but only on the side of the villains. That was in S3, and only if you recruited all 108 SoDs without letting them die (with the excepion of Yun and Jimba). The forum description says to give reasoning, and all you've got is that you want it to happen. Unless somethig else notable happens in the SME, you'll probably never see it or its generals ever again.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Exept maybe for Georg...
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Georg probably won't be playable. He might be too old if Konami actually decides to ditch this stupid Suikoden IV timeline, and go back to where it left off on III.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Georg could become a crazy old war hero you'd see in a town like Forest Village or Radat. But playable? Highly doubtful.

Some old people I'd like to see return after the events of Suikoden III would be Edge, the Circus trio and maybe, dare I say it, Rowd.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

AND CROWLEY!!! Woo freakin' hoo!!!! They really should bring Crowley back...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Your are obviously Crowley crazy. I do agree, Georg Prime probably would be a crazy war hero like Maximillian. The return of Captain Rowd is a definate maybe, he might join with Albert Silverberg in a new war (most likely a new war would happen) If Konami (I repeat myself a lot when it comes to this subject) decides to ditch their current Suikoden state in the past.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I wouldn't be surprised if we got to learn more about Crowley and Mazus' famous battle.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

They should have written in the Old Book Volumes. I would have definately read into that.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Well, if they should bring Rowd back, then I guess they'd also bring Luca. Perhaps a story that goes on in times before Dunan Unification War, like Luca's process of transformation into a monster. Something like Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader... 8)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Luca's story is finished. There's no reason for him to return. Besides, he's freakin dead. And to bring Rowd back doesn't mean Luca has to return as well. Rowd I'm sure has a story of his own that has nothing to do with Highland. I'd like to see what happens to him after the fall of Highland.
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

Luca played his part in suikoII, he did it well and died its done he is gone. Rowd i guess they could bring him back but not as a main char, just like some others. I'd like to see Tir come back as well maybe with some changes. I mean he is does have immortality, and maybe we will see who gets the Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune after Riou and Jowy die, since they dont have immortality. It all matters where Konami decides to go with SuikoV. I actually wanna see it go back to after III, I feel like they have more to go with. I wouldn't mind seeing a something in between Suikoden II and III only problem is they would probably have said it in III if something happened.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Right, but the only way to bring some characters back is to put a story between Scarlet Moon Empire and Dunan Unification War. How else would you bring back characters such as Valeria or Kasumi or Rowd...?
But hey, those guys at Konami already proved themselves as a genius of storytelling, so no matter what they decide for Suikoden 5, I think they'll do great. They have my full trust!!!!!!!! :)
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="Maldonado"]Right, but the only way to bring some characters back is to put a story between Scarlet Moon Empire and Dunan Unification War. How else would you bring back characters such as Valeria or Kasumi or Rowd...?
But hey, those guys at Konami already proved themselves as a genius of storytelling, so no matter what they decide for Suikoden 5, I think they'll do great. They have my full trust!!!!!!!! :)[/quote]

Jesus I wish I could share your optimism (considering how konami has kept the relation between the first two games and the new ones to a minimum).But who knows? :D
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

I like returning characters, but I'd prefer of they were kept to less than 10 or maybe non-star roles. It is, after all, a new story.

However, maybe someday they can make an allstar Suikoden with the greatest stars from all the games! :wink: