[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

[quote="son_michael"]sounds good yuki, ill look foward to that

Im happy my post inspired you, so you obviously read this entire thread right? my light rune kicks ass dosent it? :D lol

Yes, it does! lol. I personally thought that your idea of The Light Rune was better than Konami's idea for the Rune of Punishment, but that's just me. Someone mentioned that your rune could be part of the Sun Rune, though...the rune of Light and Darkness, or something like that. so, you may get some of your well-earned bragging! If they used the part of the emotions of the rune, like you created, then you could throw a Suikoden themed party! Lol. OMG, that would rock...
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks!

I seriously doubt konami would use any aspects of my light rune but maybe they would call the sun rune"sun rune aka the light rune" or something like that

well if I do throw a suikoden party you will deffinetley be invited!

edit: typo
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Lol, thanks! It seems like we put more thought into our Runes that may or may not be in the actual video games than Konami does...or is it just me?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

son_michael wrote:
siel avadon= um I think all true runes are connected to the planet, I dont think rune of all would be a good name...and why would harmonia be in ancient legend? I do think its a good idea for a true rune to be connected or governing over the others though
True, true. But it was only an idea. Well that with Harmonia I just put in that so there was some filling!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

*uses True Rune of Bumping*

Okay I'l attempt to revive this thread.

So now we had the Sun Rune. I've added it and its powers to the list on the first page. Now lets start again shall we?

Now I would say forget about the whole 'Chaos'/'Order' allignment. It makes no sense for the time being. The Sun Rune goversn Light(Life, rebirth) and Heat(destruction). Some think the True Fire Rune would govern that already but the True Fire Rune can only directly create fire. Light and heat can come from a flame but its only the flame that is produced by the True Fire Rune. For The Sun Rune, it creates light and heat directly. Any fires resulting from the heat is not a direct power of the Sun Rune, either way the Sun Rune rather dissolves its target by increasing the heat dramaticly so it dousn't even combust most of the time.

So what other aspects of the world hasn't been covered yet?

(I'l post/edit some after I actually think of something >_<)

Oh and don't think about the names. True Runes are named by people by the similarities in the aspects with aspects of the world. The power of the Rune A is the ability to kill people directly, in some cases( or in every, I don't know) it absorbs the soul of the enemy, therefore it was called the 'Soul Eater'.

Rune B sucks the energy of the bearer. Those who saw this in action(or the bearers) probably thought, due to superstition, that it was a punishment for their sins( the sin may be using Rune B or they were just really superstitious) therefore it was called The Rune of Punishment.

Rune C's sign looks like that of a Cresent Moon, and its blue, thats why it called the Blue Moon Rune.

And so on.

Also do NOT forget this :
Shirofan wrote:
I don't really want to see lists of abilities, more how you would plan on integrating such a Rune into the plot; especially the overpowered ones.
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

It's all been about war and victory, but what about sorrow not caused by war?

There could be a rune out there that instills it's bearer with the power of absolute understanding. We are under the flaw of 'not knowing' what a person is going through emotionally. Let's say there is a suikoden game that has a plot based on a nation going through it's own great depression. Say you are a noble brought up under richs and is ignorant to the harsh realities of life. You are taught to look down on the sad and needy. Yet this all changes when you are chosen by a rune that takes the horrible feelings of the suffering and make them your own. I can only think of one spell this would have - Consulation; fully heals the character and removes any negative status.

Probably not what you had in mind but it is all I could think of.
Rune of Punishment.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wraith wrote:Rune C's sign looks like that of a Cresent Moon, and its blue, thats why it called the Blue Moon Rune.
It's officially called the Moon Rune.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

I think that there should be a rune of destiny and fate, like a true rune to govern the Wheel that Leknaat watches. Leknaat could be some sort of apprentice to this guy who bears the rune, and he wants all the true runbes, using leknaat to get them ( this is kinda goin back to the whole 'Leknaat is evil' thing). Then, when all 27 are brought together, they make a 'super' true rune, that the bearer of destiny and fate is looking for, and takes it, which threatens the earth, as it split into the 27 to stop this happening. But the 27 true runes have been shut off by the power needed to bring forth the super rune.. Then, the 26 remaining bearers of the true runes have to rely on the inner strength to activate the true runes, then there's a big fight with the 26 bearers of the true runes against this super rune, that just kicks ass. (no more spoilers to my story) part of my personal Suikoden creation. If I ever get it finished, ill send it onto here for everyone to read.
The Coven Mistress

Post by The Coven Mistress »

I don't exactly know how it would fit it into a plot, but I always liked the idea of a True Rune that governed knowledge or wisdom. Most likely wisdom, becuase that is the word more commonly associated with "other-worldly" knowledge.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

the rune that spawns rune of resurrection. since all runes come from a true rune, rune of resurrection has to come from somewhere. maybe it's the True Rune of Heaven and Hell, the true rune that governs afterlife.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

reyjusuf wrote:the rune that spawns rune of resurrection. since all runes come from a true rune, rune of resurrection has to come from somewhere. maybe it's the True Rune of Heaven and Hell, the true rune that governs afterlife.
It has always been my belief that the ressurection rune comes from teh Soul Eater.

since the Soul Eater is the rune of life and death.
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

the icon is different though. sierra's rune of darkness has the same icon as the souleater.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

ressurection and darkness. it's almost a fact they come from the RoLaD. everyone believes it, since it makes logical sense.
I don't exactly know how it would fit it into a plot, but I always liked the idea of a True Rune that governed knowledge or wisdom. Most likely wisdom, becuase that is the word more commonly associated with "other-worldly" knowledge.
the rune is the bad guys rune. It is the rune that controls all destiny/fate. the bearer can mess with fate to make things the way he wants (unlock the original true rune) he took it from the original bearer, who got sucked into the rune. when the bad guy unlocks the super rune, his tru rune is shut off and releases the original bearer, then the bearers of the 27 true urnes have to use their inside strength to reactivate their true runes, and stop the baddy. anyway, no more story spoilers, or there will be no point doing it. and if anyone comes up with any ideas, post them in a tread in general discussion called 'anokosa story ideas from all'
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Anokosa, no offense, but keep your fanfiction ideas to yourself, please. If this degenerates into a thread concerning your now locked thread, or more ideas for your fanfic, then it will get locked and that would be a pity.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wolfblade

Post by Wolfblade »

The Ressurection Rune is holy magic so it can't be from the SoulEater.